Mojave

Mac Technical Support
10/02/2018 06:41 PMPosted by Omegall
10/02/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Glitternipz
I have a 2017 MBP and my FR dropped hard after Mojave. Any tips or suggestions?

Double check time machine and spot light aren't running. 10.14 shouldn't have any notable change in fps one way or the other. Most of changes to metal are unrelated to what WoW uses. But you could see degraded performance on count that cpu is still busy with post update tasks like updating spotlight index or updating your TM backups.

How do you turn off spotlight?
09/29/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Bermy
I've fixed my performance issues by clean installing WoW. Copied my interface and WTF folders from my current install into the clean one and pointed battle.net to the clean install version and the game is loading much much faster and the drawing of maps/guild roster/bags/character screen etc is greatly improved.

Likely the defragmentation of a clean install fixed it up.

This was on Sept 29, today (Oct 7) all the problems on my iMacs 2TB fusion drive returned. Likely due to patches/fragmentation. I used disk utility to create a 120gig HFS (Mac OS journaled) partition and put the game on that and pointed battle.net to it. So far so good and probably will stay that way since WoW is now off APFS until Apple/Blizzard can sort this out.
09/26/2018 07:21 PMPosted by Amyashii
The b-net client says the game is running when its closed. Checked activity monitor and the dock, it isn't running. Restarted the b-net client and opened and closed the game, still says its running.

This is concerning, how will I get game updates now?

I've experienced the same, and have to do a full restart for updates to kick.
10/03/2018 08:13 PMPosted by Axiss

The sledgehammer method is:
1. (from the terminal) sudo mdutil -a -i off
2. restart

Works like a charm.

("sudo mdutil -a -i on" is what turns it back on, I think ... I've never bothered)

Edit : I noticed autocorrect "helpfully" capitalized 'i' for me -- it should be "-i" not "-I" -- fixed above
10/20/2018 04:43 PMPosted by Sagerremeseb
10/03/2018 08:13 PMPosted by Axiss

The sledgehammer method is:
1. (from the terminal) sudo mdutil -a -I off
2. restart

Works like a charm.

("sudo mdutil -a -I on" is what turns it back on, I think ... I've never bothered)

Yeah, I nuke it from orbit here too. Got supremely tired of the "opt out" policy that should have been "opt in". Spotlight's especially egregious when it comes to dying drives in that it'll attempt to continually index them and write to them, potentially destroying opportunities to either back up or recover lost data.
09/24/2018 09:03 PMPosted by Pruitt
09/24/2018 06:31 PMPosted by Amyashii
Experienced a couple crashes in WoW after upgrading to macOS Mojave. Looks like the trigger for both was using exposé to switch between virtual desktops.

Getting the same issue. I systematically freeze if I bring up expose while playing, which is the method I use to switch to other apps while playing full screen.

Did not freeze prior to Mojave update.

I'm getting the same exact issue, but only with the last hot fix.
Mojave seems to be really good for everything except playing WoW on. So i'm waiting for the Nvidia drivers for it, haven't been playing since I updated. Tbh i'm not really missing it :o
11/12/2018 10:58 PMPosted by Dissection
Mojave seems to be really good for everything except playing WoW on. So i'm waiting for the Nvidia drivers for it, haven't been playing since I updated. Tbh i'm not really missing it :o

I went the opposite route, haven't updated to Mojave so I CAN still play. Keen to try it out, if the drivers don't come soon will probably cave and update anyways.