How much gold do you spend in a week

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 12 Next
Just got 7 anchorweed from a single node so I guess that hotfix is live.
09/24/2018 02:50 PMPosted by Zan
Sorry we increased your rank 2 and 3 #'s but....

YOU

CAN'T

LOOT

THAT

NOW.

HA-HA

This... It happened to me 6 times one hour when i was farming.

I've had nightmares ever since
Way too much. Not sure why Blizzard has such a hard on for making raiding so expensive at the start of an expansion starting with MOP but it's !@#$ing ridiculous.
09/24/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Ythisens
Right now its the lack of Anchor Weed driving it all up.

We've got a current hotfix in the works that should address some of the right now problems by increasing the amount of Anchor Weed per gather for ranks 2 and 3.

In case anyone hasn't seen the datamining for 8.1, we're also looking at tweaking the recipe costs a little to bring the material cost of recipes requiring Anchor Weed down as well. This of course isn't final and could change, but just wanted to let you guys know that we're looking into these kinds of things.

So, Ythisens, you know how you guys have been talking about communication the past couple of weeks?

This is a prime example.

The player base has been complaining about this for a MONTH. It's not just the amount of anchor weed dropping in spawns, it's the number of spawns themselves... the randomness, the inability to focus on farming, etc.

Your post is the first inkling that we've had that you guys have even been LISTENING, much less taking action. And to be honest, it's less than it should be at this point.

(Reminder: there were NUMEROUS questions on the Anchor Weed situation during Ion's AMA, and he did not take any of those questions.)

I applaud you increasing anchor weed drops, but that's a small bandage on a gaping wound. You MUST increase the spawns. Or better yet, add it as a bonus to regular herb farming... very occasionally but giving people all the more reason to keep doing it. AND PLEASE, enact the number-per-flask changes NOW.

Like someone else said, too, you should not wait until 8.1. You've hotfixed other profession changes in. This is currently the single biggest bottleneck profession-based issue in World of Warcraft today because flasks are universal to the raiding and mythic-plus community, and waiting until 8.1 some two months or so down the road is going to make everyone frustrated for that much longer.

So yeah. Good change, but it's one change among several that need to be made, and it shouldn't have to wait for 8.1. Please.
09/24/2018 02:56 PMPosted by Seivarden
Just got 7 anchorweed from a single node so I guess that hotfix is live.

inc crash, shame it will only be a drop from 550g to 350 gold.

they need to implement the alch hot fix now not in 8.1 so that flask are cheaper and pots too
09/24/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Margirita
Yeah though. Considering time invested people are not asking unreasonable prices for these pots. Something is very wrong with the supply of herbs to the market.

We've got a current hotfix in the works that should address some of the right now problems by increasing the amount of Anchor Weed per gather for ranks 2 and 3.

In case anyone hasn't seen the datamining for 8.1, we're also looking at tweaking the recipe costs a little to bring the material cost of recipes requiring Anchor Weed down as well. This of course isn't final and could change, but just wanted to let you guys know that we're looking into these kinds of things.

The biggest problem with Anchor weed is its completely RNG. There is no way to "farm it" it just appears (or doesn't). I've spent 2 hours getting 10-20, and another 2 hours getting 0. Even when you try to farm it all you need is person to come by and tag as you do your loop and it make it despawn before you finished your circle back to it.

Why is it RNG?
5% of what we were able to make in Legion? Have you tried to make gold at all? It's super easy.. you can pay for your monthly sub in two days by herbing and mining while doing world quests.
This is the first expansion I've actually felt starved for gold. My professions are worthless and by the end of the night after repairs etc I am down more than I've made in junk/quests/anything I've obtained to sell. It's literally never been something I've ever complained about before but professions are so gutted now I have to actually worry about the possibility of running out of gold if I'm not careful. I don't understand why professions are such an afterthought this xpac.
I no longer buy anything off ah. I barely make enough for repairs now passively playing.
Repopulate the area around Aroms Stand like starlight rose was in Suramar and remove the RNG node component.

It’s not fun to run around with our heads cut off. It’s already a weekly chore.

Gathering in legion was decently fun. Make it like that. It wasn’t broken.
on a normal week? Not a whole lot.

This week I bought a sky golem so I could herb more efficiently, 2 wow tokens so I could race change from goblin to troll, and helped my friend get a darkmoon deck, so quite a lot.
Yeah though. Considering time invested people are not asking unreasonable prices for these pots. Something is very wrong with the supply of herbs to the market.

THIS IS NOT ENOUGH! The Lack of gold payout per kill is abysmal.

I'm spending so much time farming herbs and getting no Anchor weed nodes at all. It's a Lack of nodes as well as the lack of reward when herbed. I am farming with 2 alts when I can.. Sky Golem and all.

But thanks to the Azerite grindfest.. Finding time to search for weeds and Azerite is near impossible.

SInce I farm as much weed as I can my repair bills are only from raid nights which can be in the 2 -4K range depending on wipes.

Personally, I'd much rather see them potentially drop from other herb nodes, like Golden Lotus did.

Farming in MoP felt good. Especially since we had a literal farm to run too.

Would be cool if we got something like that as well.
I have not bought BfA, so I have no characters higher than 110. I spend hardly anything. We're in the black.
Maybe 1,000g a week on repairs. If this was vanilla, that would have been maybe 20g a week.

Inflation is getting stupid.

While doing that, can you make it possible for Horde characters to get rank 2 Anchor Weed without being level 120?

Alliance characters have access to Waycrest Manor from level 110, Horde characters can't do it until 120.
09/24/2018 02:45 PMPosted by Aehl

We've got a current hotfix in the works that should address some of the right now problems by increasing the amount of Anchor Weed per gather for ranks 2 and 3

A more practical approach is upping the spawn rate. It doesnt matter how much you drop the cost, if you dont have the weed then whats the point?

I have two herbers and I pick herbs every day..so far I have 23.

After two weeks.

Or remove the weed requirement for flasks and make them needed for cauldrons only.

ouch i get that plus minus couple doing my WQ emissary and few extra. playing for 1 to 2 hours 5 days a week. you have horrible luck. are you rank 3?

I am enjoying this Beta and looking forward to my preorder for an actual game! Thank you!

Sell your flasks while you can boys
09/24/2018 01:29 PMPosted by Mugino
Spending 50k a week on runes pots and flasks
considering we earn 5% of what we made in legion this doesn't feel right
Because they want you to buy tokens silly.