The ban for Rextroy needs to be reversed.

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14
09/25/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Douglas
09/25/2018 10:12 AMPosted by Roshta

He was doing it to record and show actual proof of it.
Did he have the prior permission of those other players?

If not, I do not believe Blizzard would consider that a valid excuse. (If so, then yeah, that's not worth a banning.)

As in the famous words of EVERYONE ever on warmode forums.. "They consented/gave permission to be ganked as soon as they turned it on"
How about we just let him sort it out privately with Blizzard?

We don't know all their internal policies. We don't know when/how he reported things. We don't know if he has appealed. All we know is that he posted vids after the bugs were fixed.

All this back and forth when we don't have all the data, and don't have a say in it, seems non constructive.
Amusing, isn't i?

just flat out blatant lying from them.

Or, that you didn't actually read my wording. I didn't say one of those words, and the other one isn't considered actionable.

Which, is funny because now you and the other person are blatantly lying.

To be clear, you are throwing out insults like bootlicker while pretending you just 'have' to report MVPs all the time.. while trying to defend exploiting by bringing up multiboxing

Do you see the joke yet? Do you realize its your behaviour?
09/25/2018 12:39 PMPosted by Lorsaire
To say that someone is trolling is to describe the behavior they are engaging in, behavior which is against the forum code of conduct, particularly when it appears to actually be the case. Which is different from just throwing out insults and calling someone a "troll" or "shill" or "bootlicker", "snowflake", or "millenial SJW", as trolling (the action) with insults is also against the forum code of conduct, especially when its designed to create forum unrest. The difference is clear and it's pretty much on all of us as posters to understand the difference and not violate the rules.

Not really it's on blizzards whim if its trolling or not. In my last forum suspension I posted one post in the thread calling the OP a Millennial SJW because he was QQ over equality and calling for all alliance to unsub over it, and that he was unsubbing himself. So I told him to keep his "Millennial SJW BS" to himself, and stop crying over equality, also, that Blizzard was teaching him an important life lesson that things can't always be fair. For that I received a 24 hour suspension. Even If I wanted to appeal it by the time they even looked at it my suspension would be over. I got a 3 days suspension once for calling someone a noob, seriously, the guy was spreading misinformation and lying about past xpacs, so I called him a noob and received a 3 day for it.
09/25/2018 12:47 PMPosted by Båkkag
Hey, did you know that Blizzard doesn't have to provide you or me with any proof of wrong-doing in order to take action against a third player who, in their interpretation of a given situation, violated ToS? Also neat:)

Again. You really aren't getting anywhere with this. Stubborn refusal to accept reality and constant regurgitation of the same baseless arguments don't constitute a valid argument. They do however constitute Spam.

Then you are doing the same, for one, and two they didn't provide evidence to the very person banned. Goodbye

I'm doing nothing of the sort. I'm responding to your inadequate attempts to show this guy is somehow a victim.

How many times have you brought up Multi Boxing in PvP as a comparison to what this guy did? Multi-Boxing, not being a violation in Blizzards eyes, is not a valid example of what you are trying to illustrate yet you continue to refer to it. That's one example of the inanity of your responses.

I'm not calling you names, (looking at your post referring to "bootlicking"). I'm simply wrecking your pointless and baseless argument. You being blatantly wrong and my pointing it out does not constitute any sort of violation on my part. You, however, are indeed spamming at this point.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Or, that you didn't actually read my wording. I didn't say one of those words, and the other one isn't considered actionable.

Which, is funny because now you and the other person are blatantly lying.

To be clear, you are throwing out insults like bootlicker while pretending you just 'have' to report MVPs all the time.. while trying to defend exploiting by bringing up multiboxing

Oh I see, your posts are meant to harass and insult me. Thanks for clarifying.
09/25/2018 12:55 PMPosted by Mirasol

We don't know all their internal policies. We don't know when/how he reported things. We don't know if he has appealed. All we know is that he posted vids after the bugs were fixed.

All this back and forth when we don't have all the data, and don't have a say in it, seems non constructive.

As per what someone just posted he came out and said he didn't report the bug until after he decided to make a cool wpvp montage of him abusing an exploit to kill players. Seems like we have all the info we need.
09/25/2018 12:55 PMPosted by Rosefina
09/25/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Douglas
...Did he have the prior permission of those other players?

If not, I do not believe Blizzard would consider that a valid excuse. (If so, then yeah, that's not worth a banning.)

As in the famous words of EVERYONE ever on warmode forums.. "They consented/gave permission to be ganked as soon as they turned it on"
Ganked, sure. Defeated via the exploiting of a bug, no.
09/25/2018 12:55 PMPosted by Mirasol

I would say it is constructive as we are hashing out what is ok and what is not.
09/25/2018 12:56 PMPosted by Rosefina

Oh I see, your posts are meant to harass and insult me. Thanks for clarifying.

Ok, so no.
09/25/2018 12:57 PMPosted by Douglas
09/25/2018 12:55 PMPosted by Rosefina

Ganked, sure. Defeated via the exploiting of a bug, no.

It's the same thing as getting one shot by a multi-boxer, minus lagging out completely.
As a reminder, posting about account actions is generally not allowed on the forums and it is not a means to appeal or resolve issues. This was resolved privately between this player and us after the video he posted this morning.

Just pulling back the curtain a little here but long story short, this was a mistake on our end. This player actually has a great history of reporting issues with us that they've found, and they wait for us to verify it's fixed before they put the videos up. This was a case of not everyone internally knowing this was happening and that the exploits he showcased were fixed, before the videos were posted.

The videos being posted are an example of great bug reporting in how detailed they are in showing how exactly to reproduce an issue. This is something Ion hit on in the last Q&A where he talked about the Quality Assurance team and how they have to reproduce issues that players report to us. Sometimes reports aren't detailed enough and it makes it a little harder to figure out some issues.

I just want to end this by plugging the correct channels to report bugs in.
To report a bug in-game:
    Click Help to open the Customer Support window.
    Click Submit Bug.
    Enter the details of the bug, making sure to follow the guidelines outlined on the submission form.
    Click Submit.

You can also report bugs over in the Bug Reporting Forum here:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/1012660/

If you'd like to report something like an exploit and not advertise it, a way you can report that it is here:
https://us.blizzard.com/en-us/submit/hacks.html

09/25/2018 11:42 AMPosted by Rosefina
Previously explained that e-mail is for questions about joining the MVP program not feedback and complaints.

Code not being enforced is entirely up to Blizzard as you can see here they're keeping threads open that violate forum rules as stated by you and the lounge

This is not the case at all on any point that you've made. The MVPs@blizzard.com email address is for any and all concerns regarding the MVPs. Please stop trying to spread false information in threads.