*Opens up Mythic + Cache to grab 355+ Gear*

General Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15 28 Next
09/11/2018 11:15 AMPosted by Ythisens
09/11/2018 11:08 AMPosted by Bertimus
Do you have insight into the issue with PvP caches? Some (not all) people are seemingly getting lower than intended item level rewards from their PvP boxes.

Looking into this as well.

Can confirm. Just looted a 340 ring.
I remember when "When its ready" was the mantra here.

WoD scared them away from this. They learned from WoD that the content-whiners don’t care about polish, class design, or anything but getting shiny new art assets to drool over every 2 months.

So if you whined about lack of content in WoD, congrats! This is what you !@#$ing wanted. Enjoy!
I did the math quickly in another thread. If I play a class that has all 3 specs, tank, healer, dps. The weekly M+ chest pulls from the entire loot table available to me.

Let's say I'm chasing 1 piece of azerite gear in particular. I have a 1/270ish chance of getting it once a week. That's about 0.37%. Once a week.

That's insane.
09/11/2018 11:03 AMPosted by Ythisens
Mythic 10+ | 370 | 380 | 385

Blizzard please. I waited all week for my 385 and I got a 380 warforged ring. Bug?? Please fix it for me. I was so excited
09/11/2018 01:03 PMPosted by Rofel
I did the math quickly in another thread. If I play a class that has all 3 specs, tank, healer, dps. The weekly M+ chest pulls from the entire loot table available to me.

Let's say I'm chasing 1 piece of azerite gear in particular. I have a 1/270ish chance of getting it once a week. That's about 0.37%. Once a week.

That's insane.

Yeah it's just not worth it. Rancid carrot at the end of a broken stick.
My Mythic 2 chest contained a 350 Warforged not a 355 according to the blue post.
Small Indie Developer™
To make this loot table simpler if you want 350+ for sure run a 5. If you want take chance run 3-4.
So the Azerite gear that would drop from the dungeon is higher than the weekly cache? Is that ultimately the issue? That rewards aren’t equivalent to the effort?
09/11/2018 11:15 AMPosted by Ythisens
09/11/2018 11:08 AMPosted by Bertimus
Do you have insight into the issue with PvP caches? Some (not all) people are seemingly getting lower than intended item level rewards from their PvP boxes.

Looking into this as well.

Any update on this? I received a 340 belt. According to the reward list sent out by Blizzard I should have received a 355...
09/11/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Kerestel
So the Azerite gear that would drop from the dungeon is higher than the weekly cache? Is that ultimately the issue? That rewards aren’t equivalent to the effort?

No. The issue is that the azerite gear that drops from the weekly+ chest can be the same 340 ilvl you get you from normal mythic dungeons.

Which ultimately means you didn't really get anything as I doubt most people are doing m+'s without having done normal mythics first.
09/11/2018 11:03 AMPosted by Ythisens
I didn't get Azerite pieces in my 3 caches across my characters but the three rewards I got were appropriate base ilvl of the level key I completed.

I think what is a little confusing is that the Azerite pieces do have a different ilvl.

I normally don't link to fansites but Wowhead did make a great table to check if you guys have any confusion.
https://www.wowhead.com/news=287074/new-events-in-wow-for-september-11-mythic-uldir-increased-item-level-in-pvp-and-

Posting it here as well for those that don't like to use third party sites:
Keystone Level | End of Dungeon | Weekly Chest | Azerite Armor from Weekly Chest
Mythic 2 | 345 | 355 | 340
Mythic 3 | 345 | 355 | 340
Mythic 4 | 350 | 360 | 355
Mythic 5 | 355 | 360 | 355
Mythic 6 | 355 | 365 | 355
Mythic 7 | 360 | 370 | 370
Mythic 8 | 365 | 370 | 370
Mythic 9 | 365 | 375 | 370

09/11/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Grosbo
So in other words , just hope you don't get an azerite gear in the chest because it will be lower ilvl than what you expect.

Only from lower keys.

No. It didn't say any of that.

I checked mythic tab last night, it told me I was going to get a 355 on both characters I ran mythic + on.

It didn't tell me I had a chance, it didn't tell me a range of item levels. It told me I would get a 355.

I don't care what wowhead says. I care what the game is actively telling me in game.

Azerite gear doesn't drop from M+ dungeons at all. The weekly cache is the only way to get azerite gear through the M+ system.

Also, the table quoted by Ythisens is flat wrong. I just received a 350 Warforged piece from my M2 cache, which means either the chest drops base 350 and just calls it WF, or it "rewards" the same ilvl gear as the dungeon, which makes it more or less superfluous and yet another thing to be ignored in this expansion.

Oh, and like others I've seen mention, I also got a non-upgrade for one of the only two slots where I already have a 350+ item. Blizzard's "RNG" this expansion isn't engendering much trust.
09/11/2018 01:03 PMPosted by Brún
I remember when "When its ready" was the mantra here.

WoD scared them away from this. They learned from WoD that the content-whiners don’t care about polish, class design, or anything but getting shiny new art assets to drool over every 2 months.

So if you whined about lack of content in WoD, congrats! This is what you !@#$ing wanted. Enjoy!

That would be valid if WoD had ever actually put content out, which it never did. If WoD had ended with a universally loved raid and content people cared about it would have been more fondly remembered. Legion is the product of a long development cycle where care and effort were put in.

I Alpha and Beta tested BFA and every single thing on the front page in the last 2 weeks was posted about several times by lots of players in beta, and never addressed.

edit: Also, this is a completely false narrative. You can want there to be content and also expect the content to not suck.
I didn't get Azerite pieces in my 3 caches across my characters but the three rewards I got were appropriate base ilvl of the level key I completed.

I think what is a little confusing is that the Azerite pieces do have a different ilvl.

I normally don't link to fansites but Wowhead did make a great table to check if you guys have any confusion.
https://www.wowhead.com/news=287074/new-events-in-wow-for-september-11-mythic-uldir-increased-item-level-in-pvp-and-

Posting it here as well for those that don't like to use third party sites:
Keystone Level | End of Dungeon | Weekly Chest | Azerite Armor from Weekly Chest
Mythic 2 | 345 | 355 | 340
Mythic 3 | 345 | 355 | 340
Mythic 4 | 350 | 360 | 355
Mythic 5 | 355 | 360 | 355
Mythic 6 | 355 | 365 | 355
Mythic 7 | 360 | 370 | 370
Mythic 8 | 365 | 370 | 370
Mythic 9 | 365 | 375 | 370

<span class="truncated">...</span>
Only from lower keys.

No. It didn't say any of that.

I checked mythic tab last night, it told me I was going to get a 355 on both characters I ran mythic + on.

It didn't tell me I had a chance, it didn't tell me a range of item levels. It told me I would get a 355.

I don't care what wowhead says. I care what the game is actively telling me in game.

Word.

I work in risk management and when reviewing policies, the words "will", "must" and "shall" are like law.

If we say those words, then we must do whatever it says or else heads roll.

In this case, it says "you will".

Nah dude. My hunter should have gotten 355 according to what the game told me. Instead I got a 350 warforged belt (not sure if that means it was 340 or 345 before the warforge)

The character I'm posting on got 350 warforged legs.

I'm actually not worried about effort. My concern is the mythic tab blatantly lying to me about what I was going to get today.
09/11/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Caelya

Azerite gear doesn't drop from M+ dungeons at all. The weekly cache is the only way to get azerite gear through the M+ system.
It needs to be 100% drop chance mon! of any Azerite gear with a small chance for a normal item tada it bee fixed then mon!
So.... in response to the Blizz post:

My Main Horde Character, a Paladin, has not done a single Level 120 dungeon yet.

She had all three 340 Azerite Pieces of gear on her just from Emissary Caches.

You're trying to tell me that someone who did Mythic, and got a Key, and then did Mythic+3 deserves to get the same item-level armor as me, someone who never touched a single dungeon at all?

I'm not a Mythic Dungeon player, but dude, if I were getting 340 Azerite out of my weekly chest, I would be pissed.

This is not the way you should be doing such rewards.
09/11/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Ssleak

I Alpha and Beta tested BFA and every single thing on the front page in the last 2 weeks was posted about several times by lots of players in beta, and never addressed.

This is why I don't participate in the beta. Back pre MoP they used to actually listen to feedback from testers, ever since they gave away beta access with the preorder for MoP they've stopped listening to anything except bug reports, and they don't listen to those very well. Betas used to have their own dedicated forums, with the same structure as retail. Now they get one place to put all of their feedback and suggestions, and if that's the reason why they don't listen or because of it I couldn't tell you. But it seems like providing feedback in any context other than outrage in GD is pointless.
09/11/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Argorwal
I think the best way to handle this issue is to have the weekly cache always drop 2 items.

1 azerite piece
1 non-azerite piece

Since azerite doesn't drop at the end of a Mythic+ you're already throttled to 1 per week.

Also you get at least 1 item at the high item level you are expecting for a key completion.

I actually kinda like the azerite thresholds at +4, +7, and +10 since it coincides with affixed. Gives an incentive to push up to a harder version.

09/11/2018 12:03 PMPosted by Katie
For M+ players, only having a tiny chance of getting a single Azerite piece of gear each week is extremely disheartening. Not only do you need to pray that you loot an Azerite piece out of the cache in the first place, but you have to hope that the key was at a level high enough so you don't loot an item that's 20 ilvl lower than the base chest. On top of that you have to hope that it's a usable piece/trait.

This system is absolutely appaling, and I'd wager that a lot of people will be leaving the game due to this.

These mimic my thoughts. I have no intention of raiding this time around, outside of a single LFR clear to see the content. I'm focusing entirely on Mythic+ with my friends/guildmates/old raid buddies and it is the ONLY reason I am still even playing this game.

To have the core expansion system of Artifact 2.0 be limited to a tiny chance of getting an upgrade once a week in the Mythic+ cache is going to limit how high my group of friends can push the mythic dungeons. Not to mention we need an Azerite item with the proper traits since many classes/specs depend on those to do any sort of competitive damage.