*Opens up Mythic + Cache to grab 355+ Gear*

General Discussion
Prev 1 17 18 19 28 Next
I'm fairly sure that was for testing purposes. The intent was for it to always work like it did in Legion.

The intent communicated by how the systems work (worked) shows different.
You cant get azerite gear at certain ilvls due to the warforge/titanforge restrictions.
To offset that rule extra gear was rewarded to better express the key difficulty.
"You might get a 355 bit of azerite gear from a mythic 6 key, but you also get a 365 bit of regular gear to reflect your key."
This was the intent spoken to the player via the game systems during beta.

Your company collaborates with fansites to actively promote your products. You failed to let any of them know that the systems that players where there to test, would fundamentally change. This makes any statement regarding this situation to come off as disingenuous.

I believe there is sufficient evidence to suggest that the intent WAS to drop extra gear however there was a knee jerk reaction from the dev team to make changes as players ilvls were growing at a faster rate than expected and/or mythic keystone runs were easily becoming the most efficient way to gear up in BfA.

After all gear treadmills are what mmo business models are designed on, slowing that progression is best for business right?
So basically we have an expansion that has devolved into raid logging already. Which I will give, at least those fights are fun so far.

Right now the loot table does not reflect rewards that value time put in for Mythic +.

I won’t be running anything save for raid night until it gets changed.
I'm fairly sure that was for testing purposes. The intent was for it to always work like it did in Legion.

It'd be great if the "for testing purposes" stuff had a much clearer way of displaying that fact. For all we knew, it could have been like when they implemented scaling in Patch 7.2 without saying anything.
09/11/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Rankin

It'd be great if the "for testing purposes" stuff had a much clearer way of displaying that fact. For all we knew, it could have been like when they implemented scaling in Patch 7.2 without saying anything.

To test what? Players reported all sorts of problems with zero resolution.
Last week ilvls were still locked below mythic uldir. That has changed with its opening

It really feels like you guys are trying to kill the game here. If the intent really is for it to function like Legion and award 1 piece then azerite gear absolutely needs to be added to the end of dungeon chests. Without that, people that don't raid quite literally have to hope they win the mother of all RNG lotteries to make any kind of meaningful gear progress as far as azerite pieces are concerned.
I couldn't see cache item level numbers over how THICCC OP's avatar is.
I got a 350 ring from a +2 chest. From what I've read it's supposed to be 355? I'm guessing this is just another broken part of BFA.

Have to wonder how broken 8.1 is going to be given how practically everything released so far has had issues.
There is no reason to run a 3 and 8.

Going from 2 to 4 yields an upgrade, 3 provides nothing.

Going from 7 to 9 yields an upgrade, 8 provides essentially nothing.
09/11/2018 03:15 PMPosted by Sweetrollin
It really feels like you guys are trying to kill the game here. If the intent really is for it to function like Legion and award 1 piece then azerite gear absolutely needs to be added to the end of dungeon chests. Without that, people that don't raid quite literally have to hope they win the mother of all RNG lotteries to make any kind of meaningful gear progress as far as azerite pieces are concerned.

With how most of the azerite traits on raid gear (and how it lacks secondaries mean even +15 ilvls isn't a guaranteed upgrade) are rubbish, this has to be a thing. My BiS traits pretty much all come from dungeons and it is a big difference in damage.
09/11/2018 03:05 PMPosted by Infernostorm

After all gear treadmills are what mmo business models are designed on, slowing that progression is best for business right?

Careful friend, people will call you a tinfoilhatter.
Yep, just opened my +2 cache and got %$*($% 340 azerite gear that is useless. And I'm guessing that if, by some miracle, Blizzard decides to fix it going forward, no one from the first mythic cache will be compensated.
Every week is something new lol. I wonder what is going to happen next!
09/11/2018 03:19 PMPosted by Ziprock
Yep, just opened my +2 cache and got %$*($% 340 azerite gear that is useless. And I'm guessing that if, by some miracle, Blizzard decides to fix it going forward, no one from the first mythic cache will be compensated.

Personally I'm holding off opening my cache for a day or so to see if this gets (yet another) hotfix.

I have alts to level, I can postpone M+ til the weekend or use less patient friends' keys.
09/11/2018 02:51 PMPosted by Saulglaivey
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I'm looking to get a more philosophical answer on this at the moment for you guys.

Looking into this as well.

I opened a ticket about this already but it is not working like legion in a specific and horrifying way.

I personally don't care about not getting 3 items in the Mythic + cache.

What I do care about is that cache needs to be pulled from the loot table of your highest mythic + key like it was in legion.

Without that, it's incredibly difficult to target the azerite items you need.

My highest key was Atal Dazar, we finished on time +2 to timer.

I got an azerite shoulder from Waycrest Manor loot table with terrible traits.

I never ran Waycrest at all last week. Not a key, not a mythic 0.

The cache needs to be filled with items from the loot table of your best key run like it was all through legion.

Right now it appears fully random, it can be anything from anywhere.

It was never like that, the weekly chest pulled items from all instances, not from your highest , even in legion.

Ive lost the count how many items i got from instances that i did not want
1) Allow azerite gear to be reforged to a selectable power from all specialization specific powers.

RNG remains in “flavor” powers, but spec based powers can be customized at will, allowing for trait stacking or mix and match gameplay. This will effectively function like a “desired legendary” from legion or a second form of talents ala artifact weapon gold nodes.

2) Implement reputation (revered or exalted to avoid power creep while leveling) based enchants that can be applied to azerite pieces with secondary stats (single stat large and/or two stat split ie +50 haste or + 25 haste/+25crit)

3) Allow azerite to drop from mythic+, allow war and titanforging, remove arbitrary ilvl limitations and treat like normal gear
09/11/2018 03:22 PMPosted by Sammonoske
Every week is something new lol. I wonder what is going to happen next!

WarcraftDevs are turning into the Donald Trump of the virtual world.

"Well this week is a dumpster fire. Certainly they can't say/do anything worse"

*they do*
This could all be avoided if you applied the same scaling to azerite gear that you apply to everything else. You can't tell me that the azerite requirements for the powers can't scale too.

It said, in plain English, that I would get a 350 piece. I got a 340 piece. This is not right.

Azerite gear is already most people's #1 issue with this expansion... and then it gets worse when crap like this happens.
09/11/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Blightedream
09/11/2018 02:51 PMPosted by Saulglaivey

I opened a ticket about this already but it is not working like legion in a specific and horrifying way.

I personally don't care about not getting 3 items in the Mythic + cache.

What I do care about is that cache needs to be pulled from the loot table of your highest mythic + key like it was in legion.

Without that, it's incredibly difficult to target the azerite items you need.

My highest key was Atal Dazar, we finished on time +2 to timer.

I got an azerite shoulder from Waycrest Manor loot table with terrible traits.

I never ran Waycrest at all last week. Not a key, not a mythic 0.

The cache needs to be filled with items from the loot table of your best key run like it was all through legion.

Right now it appears fully random, it can be anything from anywhere.

It was never like that, the weekly chest pulled items from all instances, not from your highest , even in legion.

That's not true.

All through 7.3 and 7.3.5 the item in cache was always from the loot table of the dungeon in your highest run.

It was guranteed and it made it easier to farm certain relics and trinkets.