Virtual Ticket up another $10

General Discussion
Look Blizz. I know a few years back you made the terrible decision to merge with one of the most greedy companies out there but can we not charge the price of a retail game for what is basically a suped up twitch stream? The only reason to get the ticket is the in game rewards because everything else will be on youtube or watched with the wow streamers and I can tell you $50 for this is more than excessive. I've enjoyed the in game items for years now but I honestly can't bring myself to do it this time around.
09/12/2018 08:18 PMPosted by Shelkka
Look Blizz. I know a few years back you made the terrible decision to merge with one of the most greedy companies out there but can we not charge the price of a retail game for what is basically a suped up twitch stream? The only reason to get the ticket is the in game rewards because everything else will be on youtube or watched with the wow streamers and I can tell you $50 for this is more than excessive. I've enjoyed the in game items for years now but I honestly can't bring myself to do it this time around.

Few years? Wrath was 2008
Did you read the part where they expected "10 million players watching at home"?

rofl
09/12/2018 08:18 PMPosted by Shelkka

We don't know why the cost has gone up, but an extra $10 will not break the bank.

But if you can't afford it, or don't think it's reasonable then don't pay for it. All the information that is announced at Blizzcon will be covered by the fansites like MMO-Champion and Wowhead. So just watch the fansites and get your info that way.
You have to scroll a bit der, mon. There be many threads hours old on dis topic.
For 10 extra bucks I expect a mount for both sides and a pet too.
09/12/2018 08:20 PMPosted by Carhagen
We don't know why the cost has gone up, but an extra $10 will not break the bank.

But if you can't afford it, or don't think it's reasonable then don't pay for it. All the information that is announced at Blizzcon will be covered by the fansites like MMO-Champion and Wowhead. So just watch the fansites and get your info that way.

People don't seem to get it. It's not that it's just another $10 It's that it's the price of a retail game to watch a stream and the cost simply goes up because they know people will watch because that's how the majority of people view it "It's just $10" what it is, is greed.
09/12/2018 08:24 PMPosted by Shelkka
People don't seem to get it. It's not that it's just another $10 It's that it's the price of a retail game to watch a stream and the cost simply goes up because they know people will watch because that's how the majority of people view it "It's just $10" what it is, is greed.

Considering the price of the ticket to go to the venue is $200, paying $50 to watch the panels without worrying about food, accomodation, weather, noise or crowds is a bargain.
09/12/2018 08:28 PMPosted by Carhagen
Considering the price of the ticket to go to the venue is $200, paying $50 to watch the panels without worrying about food, accomodation, weather, noise or crowds is a bargain.

$40 perfectly fine and reasonable. It just wasn't enough for the pocket books. I've enjoyed Blizzard games for years but I refuse to be one of the people who do nothing but defend every decision they make.
Don't like it? Don't buy it.

Of all things, a virtual ticket should be one of the easiest to not buy.
09/12/2018 08:35 PMPosted by Carceri
Don't like it? Don't buy it.

Of all things, a virtual ticket should be one of the easiest to not buy.

Again, missing the point but I figured as much.
The in-game items better be spectacular!
last one i bought was 30$ . you guys know all the information gets put up on youtube free like 10 mins after the panels why bother.
They upped it $10 because when you buy it you get a $10 discount on the goody bag now.
Oh no, $10?! That's like... 1 Frappucino.

Get a job.
09/12/2018 08:33 PMPosted by Shelkka
$40 perfectly fine and reasonable. It just wasn't enough for the pocket books. I've enjoyed Blizzard games for years but I refuse to be one of the people who do nothing but defend every decision they make.

Again, we don't know why the price was raised, but Blizzard does not raise prices unless there's a good reason. If I had to take a guess I'd say that the costs for hosting Blizzcon have gone up for Blizzard, so they've had to raise their prices to compensate and rather than raise the price of the venue ticket (which is already high) they chose to raise the cost of the virtual ticket.

Anyone claiming that there is an exact reason for this price hike is lying unless they work for Blizzard and know the costs of hosting Blizzcon.
09/12/2018 08:51 PMPosted by Aleiah

It's kinda a two way deal. They have to be great for that price, but then people will be pissed cause they will 'feel' obligated to pay the $50 dollars for such great items. I think it's ridiculous how blizzard always makes this stuff exclusive.
09/12/2018 08:54 PMPosted by Qoobe
They upped it $10 because when you buy it you get a $10 discount on the goody bag now.

Okay so.. lets math that out. If they're taking away $10 from one place, and putting it somewhere else, you're not actually getting a discount.
Costs of things go up from time to time to account for increased costs of doing business. It's likely the costs to run the con have also gone. Blizzcon is already a loss for them, they're allowed to recoup some of those losses.
09/12/2018 08:56 PMPosted by Pentanse
09/12/2018 08:51 PMPosted by Aleiah

It's kinda a two way deal. They have to be great for that price, but then people will be pissed cause they will 'feel' obligated to pay the $50 dollars for such great items. I think it's ridiculous how blizzard always makes this stuff exclusive.

Exclusivity has been a thing since the dawn of time. People will always want what other people will covet, especially if its no longer available. Human psychology.