Increasing Islands Rewards - Sept. 14

BFA Dungeons, Island Expeditions, and Raids
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
09/14/2018 01:53 PMPosted by Thistlespark
09/14/2018 01:46 PMPosted by Kaivax
Thank you all for your feedback on Island Expeditions. We’ve been monitoring the rate of rewards from Islands so far, and while we believe we hit the mark with the Azerite rewards, we’re not happy with the drop rates for the various bonus rewards (such as transmog items, pets, quest starters, etc.)

We’re currently working on a hotfix that will substantially increase the rate of these rewards. Once it’s live, you should start to see more of these items dropping for you (and your group members) on future Island Expeditions. While we don’t have a firm timeframe for this hotfix, we’re hoping to push it out later today.

Again, thank you for your constructive feedback, and we look forward to seeing you on more Island Expeditions!

Can we get a little more clarity here? Why all the vague answers? What would it hurt to *tell your players exactly what you're doing* so we know what to expect instead of this mystery whack-a-mole business??

I see you didn't mention mounts. So they are not getting increased? Do mounts drop only off Mythic difficulty?

Are you only raising Mythic rewards?

Can all items be won off any difficulty?

Why can't you tell us any of these very simple things that won't break the game.

Let me restate that.

Telling us this WILL NOT BREAK THE GAME. It's JUST SILLY REWARDS FOR DRESSING UP AND GETTING ON A PONY for crying out loud.

Tell us the *actual facts.*

They, or at least the CMs, might not entirely know yet. Regardless, you need to take a step back and reassess your frustration.

They didn't say anything about different rewards for different difficulties, making the rewards mythic only or on every difficulty, or mounts on any difficulty, so I don't know where you would even draw those hypotheticals from.

Kaivax made one very simple statement: they're substantially increasing the rate of the already existing rewards, nothing more, which means you shouldn't read more into it. If he'd said "some rewards" or "some rewards for some difficulties", then you might have a leg to stand on here.
Why not remove the usable items (demos, dmg buffs, etc..) altogether and make the dubloons a currency to buy those pets/mounts? That would make much more sense; cut the rng while keeping an incentive for players to do them.
Thank you thank you thank you. Could you please make it so that the quests on islands show the vicinity where the associated islands are? Most groups I've been in just ignore them cause it's a waste to find them.
Sorry but this announcement looks like it was run past the legal team to remove any and all information that might actually be important to players. Could it possibly be any more vague?

Have Fun :)!
09/14/2018 02:07 PMPosted by Tyralis
Why not remove the usable items (demos, dmg buffs, etc..) altogether and make the dubloons a currency to buy those pets/mounts? That would make much more sense; cut the rng while keeping an incentive for players to do them.

Blizzard cut the rng. I hope you aren't holding your breath.
Thank you for listening.
Just put those rng %s up. Heh
I wish I could upvote Blue posts.
Thanks very much! I'm happy to hear this :D I love Island Expeditions and am happy there'll be more of a point to do them soon.
Because island expeditions were suppose to be the path to farm azerite for this expansions...

but its not worth farming it past the weekly quests for 90% of the players who dont want transmogs/mounts......

So no changes to azerite reward rate means the same amount of people farming it will still be farming it after the change, and when they get the transmogs/mount will quit right along with the other 90% who are just trying to get the azerite.

Man i just dont understand what the hell is going on here.,Because island expeditions were suppose to be the path to farm azerite for this expansions...

but its not worth farming it past the weekly quests for 90% of the players who dont want transmogs/mounts......

So no changes to azerite reward rate means the same amount of people farming it will still be farming it after the change, and when they get the transmogs/mount will quit right along with the other 90% who are just trying to get the azerite.

Man i just dont understand what the hell is going on here.
Thank you all for your feedback on Island Expeditions. We’ve been monitoring the rate of rewards from Islands so far, and while we believe we hit the mark with the Azerite rewards, we’re not happy with the drop rates for the various bonus rewards (such as transmog items, pets, quest starters, etc.)

We’re currently working on a hotfix that will substantially increase the rate of these rewards. Once it’s live, you should start to see more of these items dropping for you (and your group members) on future Island Expeditions. While we don’t have a firm timeframe for this hotfix, we’re hoping to push it out later today.

Again, thank you for your constructive feedback, and we look forward to seeing you on more Island Expeditions!

Of course, the complete lack of information led to many players like myself wasting hours farming rewards that were clearly not dropping at the rates they were supposed to, but at least we're getting it fixed a mere month after the expansions release.

I noticed you left mounts off the list of things being buffed, have their droprates been increased as well or not?
09/14/2018 01:48 PMPosted by Butterknives
This makes me so happy! Thank you, very much! <3

I didn't even realize it dropped transmog, pets or anything like that. I've done the 6-7 I need weekly every week and never received anything like that. Maybe a chest to gaurentee a drop after completing the weekly in addition to the increased drop?
09/14/2018 01:59 PMPosted by Valermos
Changing the rewards won't make them fun.

I actually like the game play and the sub 1 minute ques but there is no incentive to play after you get your five wins for the weekly. It's like a pve 3v3 arena match. That never gives any gear. Ever. Ever. Ever.

Played them since launch for the weekly and I have never seen anything but the paltry AP reward and the dubloons with the exception of a single quest item 48 hours ago that sent me back to the broken isles for a bit more AP.

Mounts and pets should be raining down.

There should be a vendor that sells you permanent pets, toys, mounts for your dubloons, I'll be over 100 dubloons soon and I spend maybe 1 per match.

Also please let us auto que for mythic if we're over 330. No one is running mythics any time I look, and why would they spend 10 min making a group when heroic has a 30 sec que?
Please consider adding XP rewards for the end of Island rewards for characters below level 120. Currently there is no reason why a sub-120 character that has already unlocked Islands on a main should participate, as they do not get a weekly Azerite reward nor do they get any XP gains. These should reward XP at about 60-75% of a dungeon's XP would, and would give some sort of reason to take a character that has not reached 120 yet. Otherwise, revoke access to Islands for characters under level 120 as there is no real incentive to take a leveling character through them.

While this is an improvement, I think something really needs to be emphasized here, and if Blizzard misses it then they will really miss the goal of this change. If you stick with an RNG system instead of moving to a currency system for these rewards (and currency really seems a better approach), then the RNG system needs:

1) Bad Luck Protection (can't go too many islands without a reward drop).

2) Protection Against Duplicates (giving you an actual reasonable chance of getting the rewards you don't have as you go through the process) - there's something like 317 rewards I think. Lack of duplicate protection will sink whatever RNG fix is in the cards unless the RNG boost is extreme and everything is on an independent chance (i.e., you can get multiple vanity rewards per island trip).

Given that there's an achievement for collecting all the pets, and another achievement for getting all the quest-starting item drops (which are also apparently treated as part of those vanity rewards), and both of those achievements are part of the meta achievement (I believe), those in particular need careful attention.

Don't let this fix go to waste by throwing some minor RNG boost and calling it a day. Island Expeditions are supposed to be one of the big expansion features. The reward system needs serious fixing. If you stick with RNG, and it lacks duplicate protection in a field of over 300 reward items, there needs to be serious thought put into how the system will play out.
09/14/2018 02:26 PMPosted by Mcdeathpants

I noticed you left mounts off the list of things being buffed, have their droprates been increased as well or not?

et cet·er·a
et ˈsedərə
adverb
used at the end of a list to indicate that further, similar items are included.
Cool! I didn't even know those other rewards existed because I only get dubloons.
09/14/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Andrewtabs
If only there was some sort of testing period before you released the game where you could have had this stuff already figured out instead of a month into the expansion.

That doesn't do them any good if the people testing don't leave feedback or are satisfied with the drop rates.
Tried it once, will never go back.
Upping the rewards doesn't change the fact it's a mindless aoefest that isn't interesting in any way.