Increasing Islands Rewards - Sept. 14

BFA Dungeons, Island Expeditions, and Raids
Prev 1 7 8 9
10/14/2018 04:24 PMPosted by Torvald
Just don't see the point in engaging with island expeditions with the reward system in such a horrible state. If the rewards were on a currency vendor, I'd bother with it, but as it is, this time-gated, double-layered RNG is deterring enough to make me just ignore the content completely.

I couldn't have said it better.
32 runs and I've gotten 1 transmog item, and one rep item. And this is with the increased item drop? Good grief.
10/31/2018 10:28 PMPosted by Celindeana
32 runs and I've gotten 1 transmog item, and one rep item. And this is with the increased item drop? Good grief.

A lot of people believe they nerfed the drop rates once players figured out which mobs drop certain items like "Pirates drop Squawks".

As for my runs this week. 50+ islands with 2 crummy t-mog armor pieces and a pirate hook fist weapon... The armor and weapon were disenchanted by my guilds enchanter because nobody wanted them after I tried and failed to ah said items.
It feels like you there's X amount of islands you can run after reset each week where you have a chance to get loot, and after that you get nothing until next reset.
There not being truthful with the full design. They can’t have there watered down content ran so fast so they lie or just re nerf a nerf
I do believe this is a bug, they increased the drop rate as stated in the blue post but it seems to have suddenly reverted to original rate again. Sugget everyone puts an ingame bug report on this matter.
I've done 6 Island Expeditions in a row and about 25 so far over the last few days and I've literally gotten nothing more than Azerite and a couple of those useless (for now) coins. The "Drop Rate Increase" was just a trick to get people to keep doing these utter wastes of time. I've only gotten maybe 2 transmog items since the beginning of this expansion. These "expeditions" are vile and only do more to stretch out the grindy feel that drives people away. All work for little to no rewards at all is a bummer.
I definitely feel like this is more than a luck drought. It feels like I was getting drops for a while bare minimum every third and now I'm getting absolutely nothing, not even doubloon pouches. Feels pretty raw.
You may want to take a look at what you're doing during an Island Expedition and how you could change. I run directly to rares while killing 6-10 each heroic before the match ends. I normally receive an item 1 in every 3 IEs I do. I have had dozens of items in the last few weeks on multiple chars.
11/04/2018 01:32 AMPosted by Reconbravo
You may want to take a look at what you're doing during an Island Expedition and how you could change. I run directly to rares while killing 6-10 each heroic before the match ends. I normally receive an item 1 in every 3 IEs I do. I have had dozens of items in the last few weeks on multiple chars.

really? that's the best you could come with?

I've been killing rares, portal rares, invasion rares and entire mob invasions and I've got ALOT of islands empty handed even by doing rares or normal mobs..

you get 1 item every single time? wow congrats still that doesnt mean anything while you get "1 item every single time" your other 2 party members might not have got anything..
09/14/2018 01:46 PMPosted by Kaivax
Thank you all for your feedback on Island Expeditions. We’ve been monitoring the rate of rewards from Islands so far, and while we believe we hit the mark with the Azerite rewards, we’re not happy with the drop rates for the various bonus rewards (such as transmog items, pets, quest starters, etc.)

We’re currently working on a hotfix that will substantially increase the rate of these rewards. Once it’s live, you should start to see more of these items dropping for you (and your group members) on future Island Expeditions. While we don’t have a firm timeframe for this hotfix, we’re hoping to push it out later today.

Again, thank you for your constructive feedback, and we look forward to seeing you on more Island Expeditions!

transmog what ? pet where ?
i wear a 381 HoA and probably did like 100 expeditions, nothing, nada Sir. so check your 'monitoring' again.
oh no, wait, i've a short answer : your islands exp game design is so poor and so poorly executed that NOONE and i mean NOONE can or have the time to actually do any of your 'quests' or any other things that could 'eventually' drop something interesting. there you go Einstein : that's the problem.
Blizzard, can you double check that the item drops from Island Expeditions has actually been increased? Done a ton of IEs and only 1 transmog item drop. It seems like the drop rate was not increased and if it was, it needs to be drastically increased even more. Even with the vendor coming in 8.1, it is not enough. Transmog items (if not multiple items) should drop every run. I am going to stop doing these altogether. Feels pointless.
Here's a suggestion; put rares that drop epics into IE (and make drops much more rare in Arathi instead of a "loot-a-thon"). Then there'd be a reason to run/grind IEs as soon as you hit 120, and make them rewarding/repeatable content. Instead of the Arathi loot pinatas, you'd have to find/kill them in IE, without capping azerite, and before the enemy team. Increase ilv with difficulty level. Now you'd have 3 separate low level gearing paths, to suit different playstyles...rather than the Arathi "lolkill rares". While still making rare killing in Arathi worthwhile, rather than a joke.
09/14/2018 01:46 PMPosted by Kaivax
Thank you all for your feedback on Island Expeditions. We’ve been monitoring the rate of rewards from Islands so far, and while we believe we hit the mark with the Azerite rewards, we’re not happy with the drop rates for the various bonus rewards (such as transmog items, pets, quest starters, etc.)

We’re currently working on a hotfix that will substantially increase the rate of these rewards. Once it’s live, you should start to see more of these items dropping for you (and your group members) on future Island Expeditions. While we don’t have a firm timeframe for this hotfix, we’re hoping to push it out later today.

Again, thank you for your constructive feedback, and we look forward to seeing you on more Island Expeditions!

And now you nerfed them again? this week I run more than 30 IEs and I didn't get anything but some doubloons.
Having run islands for several weeks now in a group, our drop rate has been consistent and seems to match data posted by others. That being a 25% chance for an item per island expedition run excluding doubloon bags. Or more specifically a 3% item chance per rare killed. We avoid mining, island quests, unbound monstrosity, etc. And just focus on rares and invasion bosses. Our drop rate every week has averaged out to be 1 item per member every 4 runs (normal and heroic modes). Put another way, if you are hitting the hourly cap of 10 island expeditions you should be averaging 2.5 items per hour. Even less if someone in your group is mining. This is hardly an exciting number if the items are for reputation or an armor transmog you don't use. For those targeting specific loot such as Squawks I wish you the best of luck. Unless they add it to a vendor you are going to need it.
11/13/2018 12:36 AMPosted by Traumabeans
Having run islands for several weeks now in a group, our drop rate has been consistent and seems to match data posted by others. That being a 25% chance for an item per island expedition run excluding doubloon bags. Or more specifically a 3% item chance per rare killed. We avoid mining, island quests, unbound monstrosity, etc. And just focus on rares and invasion bosses. Our drop rate every week has averaged out to be 1 item per member every 4 runs (normal and heroic modes). Put another way, if you are hitting the hourly cap of 10 island expeditions you should be averaging 2.5 items per hour. Even less if someone in your group is mining. This is hardly an exciting number if the items are for reputation or an armor transmog you don't use. For those targeting specific loot such as Squawks I wish you the best of luck. Unless they add it to a vendor you are going to need it.

Pretty nice to see you take notes of your results, I feel like the mounts are not included in the regular drop rate, and they are on an even lower percentage. It's freakishly low, and myself, and many others just want their damn squawks already! I see tons of people with the mount, and I always ask them how many runs it took them, and almost always they say they got it on their first or second run. I have yet to encounter someone that has the mount that farmed thousands of island expeditions. It's the sorcerer's stone, dude. If you look for it, you won't find it.
The blue post answering our skepticism with the September 14 hotfix was deleted or edited.

A player asked "by bugged you don't mean from zero to zero do you?".

The blue responded "No we mean substantially". Or something very similar.

After literally hundreds of invasions on 5 characters, it was clearly buffed from 0.0002% to 0.0003%. Trying to finish "Tell me a tale" and "I'm here for the pets". Still got hundreds more islands to go.

Also Coldlight Surfrunner pet is bugged and has never dropped.
Dragonrider pants transmog for mail users is not in the appearance journal and has never dropped, yet it is on wowhead.

Willing to bet dozens more pets/mounts/transmogs are bugged also.

As someone pretty dedicated to grinding endlessly for the pets/mounts and feeling well and truelly burnt on these near zero drop rates, i can see why most people just do their cap each week begrudgingly. They are not worth the time right now from AP or Loot perspective.
i quit, tired of this, buffed then stealth nerfed.
are blizzard trying to kill wow as well as diablo?
Can we please get more feedback and notice about this? It's not just loot that's bad, some of these invasion spawns seem non-existant, and there's still bugs with some parts where rares are either unaccessable or unkillable.