Warfront Strategy

General Discussion
I have been smashing warfront on my hunter trying to get him to 340 before we lose it tomorrow and I was wondering what the best strategy is for a quick run.

so many conflicting points of view when your actually in the scenario.

so what do you guys think is the best strategy to quickly get through the WF
gather wood and ore until everything is upgraded, and then just follow demolishers

Watch netflix or something while you do it to make time pass faster
Become "the chosen one" and continue to decimate the entire enemy army.
The strategy is to create more holiday like events, so that you stay subbed throughout the month while you wait for those couple days of activity and gear. Oh, you were talking about the warfront itself... well I haven't experienced it yet so who knows!
That's pretty much all I did but all my slots are 340+ except rings and 1 trinket so I stopped. Now I'll just be doing for the 370 quests.

One ring always gets upgraded with the headless horseman.
Since it is a group effort there is only so much an individual can do.

Make sure people activate the flags, go clear mine, get lots of iron, contribute it, make sure people have opened the wood shop, get some wood, contribute it, make sure the barn has been cleared, get a couple hundred iron and get a war kodo or two once you're fighting up the road.

Biggest time saving may be to discouraged people from spending time on the elemental boss though there may be a reason for doing that. There is something weird about the Sprit of fire or whatever it is. It re-rezzes when you kill it, and that can waste a lot of time. Perhaps someone can explain the logic of that.
09/15/2018 11:38 AMPosted by Sìzzle
Become "the chosen one" and continue to decimate the entire enemy army.

The time it happened to me I solo killed Cami pretty easily.
Just run around and spam “I’ve come to cleanse this land.” Or “something need doing” or whatever Tauren units used to say
There is something weird about the Sprit of fire or whatever it is. It re-read when you kill it, and that can waste a lot of time. Perhaps someone can explain the logic of that.

When it get to low health, it starts a long cast - "Apocalypse" or something like that. If the cast completes before it's killed, it regains most of its HP. I'm pretty sure it gets progressively weaker each time, so eventually a group with less DPS can get it.
09/15/2018 11:42 AMPosted by Welcome
There is something weird about the Sprit of fire or whatever it is. It re-read when you kill it, and that can waste a lot of time. Perhaps someone can explain the logic of that.

When it get to low health, it starts a long cast - "Apocalypse" or something like that. If the cast completes before it's killed, it regains most of its HP. I'm pretty sure it gets progressively weaker each time, so eventually a group with less DPS can get it.
is there any need to kill it?
09/15/2018 11:42 AMPosted by Welcome
is there any need to kill it?

I believe you have to cap all the flag points, including the Circle, before you can proceed.
...is there any need to kill it?

I believe you have to cap all the flag points, including the Circle, before you can proceed.

does the Circle spawn that big rampaging thing that takes out a lot of alliance at the cross roads right before the gates open? That's when you want a few people on war kodos stomping alliance platoons.
well obviously its never going to be perfectly co-ordinated, but the optimal path that I have seen appears to be the following

1) jump airship take base (obviously)

2) split group into ~12-13 iron 8-7 lumber yard take both relatively same time

3) geared people (spearhead from both locations) take their resources back to base and hand in ~30-40 each to barracks to make it. Reason for not dumping all their res is they will need it for buffs and future dps purchases

4) That same geared group then immediately pushes center to take the first point, the time it takes to do this should result in the altar of storms being completed (priority)

5) lower gears go back for more res focusing on getting armory up and stacking npc upgrades, meanwhile the guys from center immediately all grab bristling power buffs from altar and go IMMEDIATELY TO NEWSTEAD.

6) Take newstead as this allows wolfriders, the highest dps barracks units in the warfront. 1-2 people should grab Kodos at this point having saved 100 iron from earlier handins as they are excellent at dispatching weaker non-elite ranged backline units.

7) Split group sending ~4-5 people to altar with 2 wolf riders and their remaining bristling power buffs to smash firelord. Meanwhile the other 4-5 people start chipping away at Central High Perch. While all this is occuring, the majority of base building should be well on the way with atleast all tier 2 armor/wep purchases complete and now focusing on getting to a fortress for demolishers.

8) When circle of elements is taken, this squad should regroup with the highperch team, both assault groups should then converge on final forward base. (the fire elemental from elements should do a decent job distracting alot of the backline on the right hand side)

9) wipe out all enemy forces including the 2 seige towers to allow for the demolishers to get to work on the gate.

10) at this point EVERYONE should ensure they refresh their bristling power buffs 4x and anyone who has the essence of storms should hand them in, as the buff lasts 5 minutes and it takes approximately 2:30 for the demolishers to take down the gates.

11) gate progress should be announced at ~25% so that everyone in the warfront can make their way to the forward base, and prepare to push the castle.

12) evaporate all forces and have the 2 storm buffed guys do ~50-100k dps based on gear.

Game over, ~15-20 minutes.
09/15/2018 11:52 AMPosted by Waisthigh
well obviously its never going to be perfectly co-ordinated, but the optimal path that I have seen appears to be the following

1) jump airship take base (obviously)

2) split group into ~12-13 iron 8-7 lumber yard take both relatively same time

3) geared people (spearhead from both locations) take their resources back to base and hand in ~30-40 each to barracks to make it. Reason for not dumping all their res is they will need it for buffs and future dps purchases

4) That same geared group then immediately pushes center to take the first point, the time it takes to do this should result in the altar of storms being completed (priority)

5) lower gears go back for more res focusing on getting armory up and stacking npc upgrades, meanwhile the guys from center immediately all grab bristling power buffs from altar and go IMMEDIATELY TO NEWSTEAD.

6) Take newstead as this allows wolfriders, the highest dps barracks units in the warfront. 1-2 people should grab Kodos at this point having saved 100 iron from earlier handins as they are excellent at dispatching weaker non-elite ranged backline units.

7) Split group sending ~4-5 people to altar with 2 wolf riders and their remaining bristling power buffs to smash firelord. Meanwhile the other 4-5 people start chipping away at Central High Perch. While all this is occuring, the majority of base building should be well on the way with atleast all tier 2 armor/wep purchases complete and now focusing on getting to a fortress for demolishers.

8) When circle of elements is taken, this squad should regroup with the highperch team, both assault groups should then converge on final forward base. (the fire elemental from elements should do a decent job distracting alot of the backline on the right hand side)

9) wipe out all enemy forces including the 2 seige towers to allow for the demolishers to get to work on the gate.

10) at this point EVERYONE should ensure they refresh their bristling power buffs 4x and anyone who has the essence of storms should hand them in, as the buff lasts 5 minutes and it takes approximately 2:30 for the demolishers to take down the gates.

11) gate progress should be announced at ~25% so that everyone in the warfront can make their way to the forward base, and prepare to push the castle.

12) evaporate all forces and have the 2 storm buffed guys do ~50-100k dps based on gear.

Game over, ~15-20 minutes.

good answer I dont think people really understand the value of riders and kiodos
09/15/2018 11:36 AMPosted by Menacet
gather wood and ore until everything is upgraded, and then just follow demolishers

Watch netflix or something while you do it to make time pass faster

I cannot put enough emph-!@#-is on the netflix part without it you might die a little bit inside from the snoozefest warfronts are.

Really the only fun part is chat-trying to decide who to kick for being afk.
1. split raid to iron or lumber duty
2. build up town
3. send a small group to take newstead when workshop is near complete
4. after taking newstead, everyone 4x buff, grab wolf riders and kodo and send out your 3 demos
5. push & win

circle of elements in a meme. once everyone has OP riders and buff, that's an easy 30-40k dps per player.
09/15/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Laroystinkin
Really the only fun part is chat-trying to decide who to kick for being afk

I love this so much. Pure comedy when the person quickly tries to claim they weren't afk as the kick screen goes up.
Just use greedisgood
09/15/2018 11:38 AMPosted by Personified
The strategy is to create more holiday like events, so that you stay subbed throughout the month while you wait for those couple days of activity and gear. Oh, you were talking about the warfront itself... well I haven't experienced it yet so who knows!
Only half of the player base can respond to you.