Alliance, it is a trap.

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
09/15/2018 08:09 PMPosted by Saralocks
09/15/2018 08:07 PMPosted by Everan
So long as we take Silvermoon it's a victory in my eyes

Us Blood Elves won't be with Sylvanas. And we don't need no army to stop you all. After all, my home will never be taken away.

It already got taken away once by a “man child”

Y’all are doomed
09/15/2018 11:17 PMPosted by Gotfrey
The people who want SIlvermoon taken by the alliance just want to have high elves. That's literally all there is to it.

You know? Maybe there could be a benefit to this. If they make it a warfront, that would have to mean they'd update the zone, right? Like they did Arathi.

Maybe they'd make Silvermoon 3D at last, and this way everyone would be able to spend some time hanging out in it, even if on a rotating schedule.
09/15/2018 11:16 PMPosted by Jerolan
Also, it's from a text string that when entered spits out four warfront scenarios including the Battle for Stromgarde, Silvermoon, Azshara, and the Southern Barrens. It's weird, not exactly confirmation, but with it being ingame and all it's hard to dispute at the moment.

Text strings, especially mutable ones like that, are put in really early in development. Look at the Co-op Commanders in SC2. They have 15 in the game... and the same number again that have some in-game data. Some of them have been partially datamined since they added co-op without any signs of release.

I have no doubt that the next warfront will be one of those zones. But I sincerely doubt that all of them will be.
Perhaps the Blood elves will use the power of magic to open up portals...

However, instead of doing it at the last possible moment to evacuate some random civilians, they can instead use it to teleport an army to fight off the alliance - you know, like competent people would.
09/15/2018 11:07 PMPosted by Elretan
09/15/2018 10:53 PMPosted by Azulla
No horde army would be able to take stormwind

We dont need an army, just a few matches, that city always seems to be catching on fire.

Just like Rome. Rome was always burning...somewhere.
Please, destroy Stormwind. I would adore going back to Ironforge or hell Exodar.
09/15/2018 11:07 PMPosted by Elretan
We dont need an army, just a few matches, that city always seems to be catching on fire.

It's mostly made out of stone. We are still unsure as to why it's so flammable.
09/15/2018 08:32 PMPosted by Tyierin
09/15/2018 08:29 PMPosted by Teria
"Wow! THAT ONE SINGLE HUMAN WAS A JERK! Let's go join up with these Orcs that wanted us dead for decades, these trolls that have been actively killing us for hundreds if not thousands of years, and these zombies that literally destroyed our home and drove us to extinction"

Blood Elves don't deserve Silvermoon.

With orcs, you may have a point. But you should know that darkspear trolls and Amani trolls are not the same at all, that’s an awful comparison. And the zombies in the horde? Those are the former humans of Lordaeron, led by their former ranger general. Only one of the races you mentioned actually have weight in your claim.

Those former humans of Lordaeron ARE the undead that ransacked your city.
Where do you think Arthas got all of his zombies? Zombies'R'Us?
And that Ranger General is the one who failed to protect your city because of her own hubris and unwillingness to prioritize her own people of your Addiction Well, which you could have all replaced since you people made the first Sunwell to begin with.

As for the Darkspear?
Sure, those specific Trolls maybe.
But they were quick to aid the Orcs in killing you and your allies during the third war. Proof positive that Trolls and Elves don't mix.
Hell, just a quick tour around Zandalar shows just how much Trolls hate having you people around.
09/15/2018 08:09 PMPosted by Saralocks

Us Blood Elves won't be with Sylvanas. And we don't need no army to stop you all. After all, my home will never be taken away.

Much like how the Blood Elves threw out two sets of its own people for not conforming to its hypocritical views.

I'm really hoping that the Silvermoon Update (assuming it comes to pass) will actually make the EK blue.

Gives me reason to then hope for an Exodar one where we dig it up and tear it apart.
09/15/2018 11:12 PMPosted by Asotcha

Until this thread happened I hadn't heard about Silvermoon becoming a warfront, is that official? I didn't notice anything on mmo champ about it.

There is some old datamined text.

Nothing has been confirmed.

Honestly, I hope it is not true. Attacking mid-level zones that no one goes to, like Arathi and Barrens, seems a fair spot for this kind of thing.

Attacking an actual major city with this kind of banal back and forth is pretty crappy. Seriously. Warfronts are boring and deserve to be put in zones-between-factions. Silvermoon doesn't deserve that.

Destroy a city, well fine, it's part of the story. But no capital city should be the subject of being a warfront.

Jokes on you, it's been an abandoned city for years!
The main concern is the Sunwell ... I suppose BEs can go back to taking demon energy.

The leaders of the burning legion are all dead no? All those demons need a new leader ...

Alternatively, the BEs would have taken precautions this time. The Isle of Quel'Danas can now be moved like Dalaran taking the Sunwell with it.

Now Horde has their own magic floating city/island which will double as capital city for the BEs - we all know they won’t patch up Silvermoon ever.

“High Elves” due to their allegiance to the Alliance will probably be banned from it for safety reason - the last time that Allsomething visited she almost summoned the Void Lords. Guess they will just wither and die out ... fixing the “we want High Elves” problem.
I always suspected the alliance was full of traps
09/17/2018 02:15 AMPosted by Natasha
I always suspected the alliance was full of traps

Something something female draenei artwork something something.
09/15/2018 08:29 PMPosted by Teria
"Wow! THAT ONE SINGLE HUMAN WAS A JERK! Let's go join up with these Orcs that wanted us dead for decades, these trolls that have been actively killing us for hundreds if not thousands of years, and these zombies that literally destroyed our home and drove us to extinction"

Blood Elves don't deserve Silvermoon.

Play through the Blood Elf starting areas...
09/15/2018 08:59 PMPosted by Saralocks
09/15/2018 08:56 PMPosted by Greenegg
...I'm not seeing the strategic value in abandoning one of their cities just to destroy one of ours. Especially when quel'thalas has the sunwell, a font of incredible power that the horde would lose if they decided to attack instead of defend.

Seems like silvermoon is the more valuable city.

Oh, us Blood Elves will be defending. After all, Qual'Thalas is our home. We defended it till our deaths during the scourge invasion of the Third War, we're willing to die to defend our home in the future again.
go ask the night elves how defending their city alone went for them.
Everything is a trap, its a clasic face/heel story. The alliance simply cannot be beat in a fair fight, because them doing anything but the morally right thing would be bad, for reasons. The horde obviously can only win through deception and evil, rather than strength of arms.
09/15/2018 08:29 PMPosted by Banisha
09/15/2018 08:17 PMPosted by Enekie
Sure. Whatever the plot needs to happen will happen.

Sylvanas basically makes up new powers as she goes, anyway. She can fly now. Why not give her eyebeams? Why not telekinesis?

Are we forgetting Jaina, who literally rode a magic ship into Undercity?

They both suck.
09/16/2018 11:58 PMPosted by Jerrolyn

Jokes on you, it's been an abandoned city for years!

hey now...there is a noob quest to buy a bottle of wine there. So a new BE player has to go there once.

It rivals the horde BFA city for wtf...really? bad layout.

it wins said rivalry. bfa capital at least has a flight master to go between the 2 parts. or the special points if you chose that loa.

Orgrimar is ugly as sin but...at least it centralizes what you need for 3rd place.
Whatever happens just let us fly there.