Island expeditions. Worthless

General Discussion
09/16/2018 06:50 AMPosted by Aehl

and some people are just luckier than others

You just made my point for me.

Then either find another game or don't do content where RNG is involved. Problem solved.
In the 10 or so heroics I've done tonight I've gotten 2 pets (although these ones can't be caged and sold for some reason), an AP quest item, and 3 mog items.

Seems a lot better to me at least if there really was a buff to them.
https://www.wowhead.com/island-expeditions-collection-rewards

This is the list of possible rewards. There are something like 150 known items not including the datamined armor sets which could drop in pieces which would bump that over 200.

Given RNG can give duplicates and there are AP and quest items as well it would seem like a much higher drop chance would still be rewarding and not excessive.

By far the island expeditions have the most absurdly low loot drop rate out of anything in this entire game. you have a better chance of getting the old raid mounts than you do getting ONE SINGLE THING other than azerite and doubloons. Quest drops bridge the gap, being kinda absurdly rare instead of completely. When people can report upwards of hundreds of runs and get less than 5 drops out of a pool of a HUNDRED possible drops, something is VERY wrong.

Then either find another game or don't do content where RNG is involved. Problem solved.

Or up the drop rate.
09/16/2018 07:14 AMPosted by Aehl

By far the island expeditions have the most absurdly low loot drop rate out of anything in this entire game. you have a better chance of getting the old raid mounts than you do getting ONE SINGLE THING other than azerite and doubloons. Quest drops bridge the gap, being kinda absurdly rare instead of completely. When people can report upwards of hundreds of runs and get less than 5 drops out of a pool of a HUNDRED possible drops, something is VERY wrong.

Or up the drop rate.

they already did.
09/16/2018 04:19 AMPosted by Rastlin
Do these expeditions even have rewards like pets?

I have never seen anything drop and I thought they just gave the weekly AP power.

I received Scuttle (little crab with a bottle of alcohol and a pirate hat) after an expedition. I'm not sure how many I had to do before something other than doubloons dropped.
09/16/2018 07:20 AMPosted by Kintos

I have never seen anything drop and I thought they just gave the weekly AP power.

I received Scuttle (little crab with a bottle of alcohol and a pirate hat) after an expedition. I'm not sure how many I had to do before something other than doubloons dropped.

I want that one so much. I don't care if I have to run 100 of that map to get it either.
09/16/2018 04:46 AMPosted by Aehl
You didn't put in any effort though. Try a little harder before you run to the forums to complain.

2 Normal and 3 heroic so far and nothing. How many do I have to do to actually see anything?

I can give you better results later i'm keeping a log of everything I'm getting. I will be doing 100 to get a rough estimate. So far this is where I am.

10 Only AP
8 Dubloon's
1 Scuttle the pet
1 Mail piece of gloves

Considering there is *Just guessing* 700ish rewards. The drop rate still seems really low. If you have your eyes on a specific full xmog set. You might be doing these for awhile.
09/16/2018 04:46 AMPosted by Aehl

2 Normal and 3 heroic so far and nothing. How many do I have to do to actually see anything?

I can give you better results later i'm keeping a log of everything I'm getting. I will be doing 100 to get a rough estimate. So far this is where I am.

10 Only AP
8 Dubloon's
1 Scuttle the pet
1 Mail piece of gloves

Considering there is *Just guessing* 700ish rewards. The drop rate still seems really low. If you have your eyes on a specific full xmog set. You might be doing these for awhile.

Did you start that before or after the hotfix though.
There’s no reason to do them. Who cares about pets and junk like that? They are too boring for me. Why grind azerite when collection goes up 30% each week automatically? And why are you grinding it anyway - to unlock those amazing azerite traits? Lol. The whole thing is pointless. There are *lots* of other things I’d rather spend time doing.
09/16/2018 01:36 AMPosted by Aehl
Repair bills thanks to players who dont know what the word team means........and 24 doubloons....that wont buy anything except for stuff to use on the island.

You're a warlock. What's the issue? Hunter and warlock = ezmode. Well, honestly, I've never gone in as a warlock. I guess hunter is the only ezmode then? FD is very strong in that place and the heal from a spirit beastie is really nice. Now I just have to get healers to heal my pet. My last one was with a healer and a warlock. Zero heals on our pets but he was healing us, for some reason. LOL.

09/16/2018 04:19 AMPosted by Zadai
My group and I received; 3 pets, 4 transmog items, 1 plundered weapon, 2 toys and numerous dubloons among us in 10 or so Islands earlier today.

2 Mythics 8 or so Heroics.

Hardly anything to cry about anymore.

For you. I haven't gotten !@#$.
09/16/2018 05:13 AMPosted by Sulakin
I just went from a standing start, three heroic two normal.

Result.

Repair bills thanks to players who dont know what the word team means........and 24 doubloons....that wont buy anything except for stuff to use on the island.

Thats it. No loot no pets no nothing. Is this MORE RNG or is there a loot table as to who drops what? If its RNG then I aint doing them anymore.

If I do a dungeon i get GEAR.

If I do a world quest i get minerals, gear, gold, war resources, profession materials.

if I do an IE I get..a 200 gold repair bill and.................azerite. Bllzzard said they were upping the drop rate on actual REWARDS for doing this content...all I see is more RNG and nothng to show for it.

So...how many of these do I need to run to actually see these "rewards"?

if you dont find them fun dont do them , if need to rewarded to do something , sorry i give up on todays society --I could run 1000s of them for no reward if I was having fun ( and I do , I love these ) .

Since Bliz caved to the whingers drop rates are stupidly common , I got a pet from 3 runs today , previously I had only 1 pet from around 50 runs , Three guildies doing them together got 3 pets between them from 2 runs

Just because you can have fun playing with 2 sticks in a mud puddle while Blizz throws rocks at you dosent mean the rest of us can. Have some self respect and raise your fun bar. The current state of IE’s are midway between skinning your knee and a swift kick in the nards!
What the hell happened to VP grind? I at least KNEW I was making progress even if I didn’t get something every run.
Got the Same Toy 4 Times, cant even sell it. they are stacking in my mailbox since they are unique.

:)

Yeah I got a pet on my second run. Also have gotten two rep tokens. Most runs though I get pretty much nothing.
The only reason I would do them more would be if the leveling up of the HOA were such that completing the weekly quest was at least one ilvl upgrade and running more meant gaining other levels in a timely and efficient manner.

Toys do very little to motivate me.

Gear and upgrades do.
09/16/2018 06:31 AMPosted by Chopsurloin
You know the length of the stick the carrot dangles from making the reward tangible and rewarding the effort when RNG doesn't.

I don't disagree with you that the dubloons need to be a more worthwhile currency. They originally, I think, could be used to be the mechanical mounts for use in pvp IE's and Blizzard removed that option, presumably because they gave too big an advantage over teams that were starting out and didnt have the dubloons to buy them.

My comment was mostly directly at the OP's apparent broad dislike of the luck factor. I think it would be a slippy slope if Blizzard started taking more and more chance drops out of the game and replacing it with options to buy things. In this case it wouldn't be too terrible, I admit, but I'm leary of it being too widely used.
They are more fun than anything i've seen yet, Can't wait to do the pvp ones.
I just went from a standing start, three heroic two normal.

Result.

Thats it. No loot no pets no nothing. Is this MORE RNG or is there a loot table as to who drops what? If its RNG then I aint doing them anymore.

If I do a dungeon i get GEAR.

If I do a world quest i get minerals, gear, gold, war resources, profession materials.

if I do an IE I get..a 200 gold repair bill and.................azerite. Bllzzard said they were upping the drop rate on actual REWARDS for doing this content...all I see is more RNG and nothng to show for it.

So...how many of these do I need to run to actually see these "rewards"?

People are starting to get pretty good at IEs but I still have a hell of a repair bill when I am done. Maybe Blizzard could turn off durability loss for them.