Resto isn't fun this expansion (to me).

Druid
I've always been a restoration druid, and been pretty darn decent at it.

I'm one of those people that scrutinize logs like crazy and run sims and love to check my meters compared to others that run raids and such like I do, and usually I stack up really well. I've always been proud of that.

This expansion healing just feels wrong. I was wham-baming through Mythic + last expansion, and this one healing a +5 is just awful. I want Flourish to not be a talent. I want Nature's Swiftness and Healing Touch back for that oh-sh*t combo. Nourish even, hell. SOMETHING other than Regrowth and Swiftmend I can spam in bad situations.

Raids feel a bit lackluster as well. I know this was more than an expansion ago, but does anyone else miss the ability to explode the mushroom for a good heal?

I don't know. It feels clunky and it's just not really that fun. Outside of the Tranq+Flourish combo I'm not feeling very powerful at the moment. Maybe it's just gear. Not sure.

I also hate looking at logs and seeing Resto under performing against disc priests and monks most fights. We're not really represented on many charts at the moment.
I agree with you fully. Everything is slow and if you move the cast gets stopped.
I play mostly m+ right now in pugs and having fun/content with my druid.

Grove tending is strong in m+ but its such a passive effect it doesnt really change your playstyle much.

Im experimenting with stacked fungal essence this week and having a blast with that build.

I didnt play in legion so i have no experience with what druids lost coming to this expansion.

As for my build / stats, i have a lot of mastery gear and playing with abundance and sotf for regrowth crits and spring blossoms for extra mastery hot coupled with fungal essence for spot healing due to this weeks affixes.

Ideal traits: 2 Fungal, 1 Growth Tending (for the mastery hot).

My regrowth crits for 120k and and its fun seeing the tank healed from 20% to full using such a short cast ability.
Pao,

Whats your mastery at?
09/20/2018 03:22 PMPosted by Serazah
Pao,

Whats your mastery at?

Just 14%. I still need to optimize and get better Mastery Legs, Weapon and Cloak. Unfortunately my crit/verse staff got warforged so its hard to pass up. I'm sure someone with better luck getting mastery gear can get up to 130K Regrowths.

Here's a screenshot of my stats and the Regrowth with 4 hots (spring, rejuv, lifeblossom and growth tending). No flask/party buffs.

https://i.imgur.com/a38OY0N.png
09/20/2018 04:01 PMPosted by Paoweedr
09/20/2018 03:22 PMPosted by Serazah
Pao,

Whats your mastery at?

Just 14%. I still need to optimize and get better Mastery Legs, Weapon and Cloak. Unfortunately my crit/verse staff got warforged so its hard to pass that one up.

Here's a screenshot of my stats and the Regrowth with 4 hots (spring, rejuv, lifeblossom and growth tending). No flask/party buffs.

https://i.imgur.com/a38OY0N.png

Neat. Ill see what I can get going. I feel like I am not too far from being able to produce a regrowth that is worthwhile.

Not sure what addons you run with, but I use deja character stats to get a better stat breakdown than regular interface provides (in the event you are interested)
Resto works fine, it just feels...too different now, I agree almost boring without the utility or flexibility.

My biggest problem though is around the lack of cohesion in the spec. Nothing seems to match up properly. It is as though Blizz took the "let's make things generic and stop all this theory-crafting none-sense" to the extreme and essentially made it that you just kind of run with what you get with no thought at all into optimisation.

Azerite traits are a joke and given how they can fundamentally alter the way you are forced to heal just from upgrading to a new piece with higher iLvl seems wrong. That's without even starting on the "losing traits because you upgraded gear" headf**k. Traits clash with talents which clash with secondaries and one unlucky drop and suddenly your well thought out healing spec with specific ideals surrounding your stats and healing style go out of the window. That doesn't seem right.

Mana is also a major issue for me. I can pretty much compete with most classes with equivalent iLvl, but I just struggle to maintain it since it involves spamming Rejuvs and Regrowths. Our HPS is also heavily influenced by not only the usual Tranquility (which in order to keep other classes happy with the meters seems to have now been factored in to our overall output now) but Yseras Gift - I have a serious issue that we gain so much healing from a passive heal... I often wonder if we wouldn't actually get more healing output from popping a stamina flask than boosting intellect one at times lol.

It feels more than ever that Druids are there to cushion the raid and mop up heavy spikes for the other healers rather than be an effective healer themselves. Luckily I heal in a small 10-15 man raid team at the moment but I can only imagine how hard it must be in a larger setup for us.
Unlike other healers resto requires the entire team to play well. If people are getting hit by !@#$ and you have to heal them then it can become a problem keeping the tank alive (especially with this weeks affixes). Rejuvs tick for a paltry amount and take ages to heal someone to full so they have to continue to not get hit by %^-* for a while. Even a sotf buffed rrejuv isn't enough to pick people up quickly.
I like the toolset but feel some changes, like the gcd change have made us feel more clunky.