last played rdruid in wotlk. wat happened

Druid
i got on a druid for the first time in forever and i have no healing touch, no nourish, lifebloom doesn't stack, or have the mana restore function, no natures swiftness, treeform is a cooldown, wild growth has a cast time, the only spammable heal is regrowth

it seems really bland now.
If you stop and look at all the abilities and interactive passive effects that have been pruned over the years, its staggering.

Ever since mists of pandaria blizzard only removes things for new expansions, we don't get new anything.
Yeah, but that's kind of how most classes feel it seems.
09/20/2018 06:38 PMPosted by Antarris
If you stop and look at all the abilities and interactive passive effects that have been pruned over the years, its staggering.

Ever since mists of pandaria blizzard only removes things for new expansions, we don't get new anything.

that used to be something excited to look forward to. a talent point every level, and when TBC came out every class had a couple of new abilities from 60-70, the same for WOTLK and CATA.

the game felt more like an RPG around WOTLK and TBC, with talent points, a massive amount of gem slots, and enchants for nearly every slot.
09/20/2018 06:01 PMPosted by Js
i got on a druid for the first time in forever and i have no healing touch, no nourish, lifebloom doesn't stack, or have the mana restore function, no natures swiftness, treeform is a cooldown, wild growth has a cast time, the only spammable heal is regrowth

it seems really bland now.

Run while you still can.
Blizzard dumbs down the game one expansion, so they can add more features the nest. You can't make the game more and more complicated expansion after expansion. There is a point when you need to take away in order to add new stuff.

5 expansions lol.

i mean seriously if the last you played was in woltk you missed 8 years of druid changes. I don't know how you can be surprised that it isn't exactly like you remembered it.
09/21/2018 06:21 AMPosted by Cortech

5 expansions lol.

i mean seriously if the last you played was in woltk you missed 8 years of druid changes. I don't know how you can be surprised that it isn't exactly like you remembered it.

i always thought of expansions of adding progress, evolving, making the game better. but whats going to happen in another 3 or 4 expansions? 5 buttons? might as well play a moba or console game at that point
Well, we're talking about nearly a decade. But... yeah. :(
A topic i can relate to
Welcome back for what its worth :)
You left out Thorns and Mark of the Wild
WOTLK was likely Blizz's Hay Day, and was certainly Druids shining moment.
It was all down hill, the moment the pre Cata pacth hit.
I Have been subscribing to each new expansion hoping to see an end to the same ole stale development of late.
Consider your self lucky, you didn't have to wittiness the slow and steady demise
Ion happened