A call for Blizzard to ban the "raider ios" add on

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 18 Next
09/21/2018 05:57 AMPosted by Provengreil
Must have run +15 to do a +10, must have ilvl 350 to run this mythic 0, etc.

How is that any different than any other stupid requirement people come up with. I mean who doesn't remember normal Argus raids requiring AToC? Or groups wanting insane ilvls to run instances you would clearly out class. It is their group, if they want to limit the pool of players they can invite who cares? This is not a problem with raider.io but with how players are deciding the requirements for joining their group.

All raider.io does is try to give an accurate accounting of your current mythic+ progression and your approximate progress so other players can see if how to stack up against other players that have applied.

And to be open about it, I have a lower raider.io score. But you know what, I don't care. It will improve over time and I still have no issues finding groups when I want to do a mythic+. Sure I wouldn't be invited to a +10 key stone but honestly, I don't blame people for not inviting me.
The problem with Raider.IO is exactly the same problem with GearScore back in the day. When something becomes a requirement for groups, there will always be people who do whatever is necessary to fulfill that requirement. Unfortunately, just like GearsScore, Raider.IO does not differentiate the good players from the bad, or the downright toxic.
Good luck with that. When people complained about being judged by Gearscore, Blizzard responded by literally adding it to the game and limiting activities by a character's equipped item level.

My money is on raider.io just being integrated into the WoW ui.
09/21/2018 06:23 AMPosted by Nalanei
09/21/2018 03:29 AMPosted by Mylinea

Raider IO, and Gearscore mods before it are pure garbage, and in the world of paid mythic and raid carries mean nothing besides an inflated sense of importance over presumed "lesser players".

This. So much this. I don't raid anymore because I don't really care. I'm a casual and I'm proud to say it. I pay my monthly sub (whether it's cash or gold) and I'll enjoy this game as I see fit. It doesn't make any players more superior than I.

Most people who use Raider.io are not doing it to show superiority. They do it because high level keys degrade when not completed, and inviting people who have never done that level is a hindrance to their chances of finishing in time. If there were not incredibly easy ways for a person to form a group and level their own keys (which results in a better Raider.io score), then it could be seen as a block to the community. This tool exists solely for people who are already pushing higher key levels to give their group the best change to not degrade their key and waste the run. There are ALWAYS groups in group finder that don't have anything related to Raider.io listed as a requirement. And groups for M+ always fill up faster than most people can apply to them. So, there is no shortage of people available to run your key if you want to level it.
09/21/2018 06:28 AMPosted by Rinweth
The problem with Raider.IO is exactly the same problem with GearScore back in the day. When something becomes a requirement for groups, there will always be people who do whatever is necessary to fulfill that requirement. Unfortunately, just like GearsScore, Raider.IO does not differentiate the good players from the bad, or the downright toxic.

It is a tool, nothing more or less. It exists as a way to better your odds at a competent group. It is not a panacea. There will always be bad groups even with high scores. But, when left with a LFG system that provides no way to tell experience, people will look for a way to filter the masses. The keys degrade if not finished in time. A bad group has a very specific penalty. In the absence of tools on the Blizzard side, people will use what they can.
They’ll just not invite you for not playing disc instead
09/21/2018 06:25 AMPosted by Chookxo
I'm glad I've got to last long enough to see Gearscore die, and then make a return in a whole new name.
Gearscore didn't die. It actually got rolled into the game. And the ironic part is as much as people complained about it, the addon was more superior to Blizzard's implementation of it.
Considering they still havent did away with the abomination that is "Ahead of the Curve" I doubt they would do anything about Raider.io.
09/21/2018 06:28 AMPosted by Rinweth
Unfortunately, just like GearsScore, Raider.IO does not differentiate the good players from the bad, or the downright toxic.

Actually Raider.io is pretty much exactly opposite of that. It shows the people with good experience, people with good experience are more likely to be good than bad. And toxic is thrown around on this forum so much for so many things that it's effectively become meaningless.
09/21/2018 03:16 AMPosted by Nakefews
The so called "raider ios" is what people use to judge whether you have a chance to run in their mythic plus groups. This add on is discriminatory and creates a culture of elitism in the wow community. It creates dissent among players and widens the gap between geared and non-geared players. The purpose of mythic plus dungeons is to challenge players at different levels and help them gear up as a reward, not keep the elite class ahead of the rest. This is counterproductive to how a fair and fun game should operate.

Therefore, I am calling on Blizzard to make the unpopular but right decision to ban "raider ios" or any related addons in the game. I call for other players to support this motion so as to restore fairness in the game and to give a chance for other players to be included in the higher tier content.

You know you can make your own group right?

09/21/2018 03:28 AMPosted by Khalìl
I would like them banned to have blizzard make their own I don't like random people who really have nothing to do with the game making their own add-on and site to dictate who and who's not good enough to do in-game content

Blizzard will never make a performance ranking system because they know that average people avoid at all cost any feedback about how average they are and would prob quit.
09/21/2018 03:19 AMPosted by Tewa
I'd suggest joining a guild and making friends. Then playing with them. That's what a lot of us have done since the game came out 14 years ago.

"Pug life" might seem very convenient, but the price you pay is that you place yourself at the whims of random people on the internet. Which doesn't seem to be to your liking.

So tell me Mr. Guilds are UBER. How did you meet the people you are now a Guildmate with?
I'm betting most if not all the "Join a Guild instead of Pugging" folks won't have a real solid answer. That you see "I answered Guild spam in Trade chat", "I click yes when I got one of the auto-invites", or even "My current Guild Leader paid me 100 gold for my signature.
What you won't see will be the "Well I ran a load of PUGs looking to see what Guilds the skilled folks were in and asked if I could join". They all want you to ignore the part where all these Mr and Ms Guild Champions also ran PUGs before they found a solid Guild but expect everyone else to just jump into the first Guild that invites you, find that Guild sucks or has a majority who haven't logged on in months, and than start the whole process over again while off course following Mr and Ms Guild Champions advice not to run PUGs in the meantime.

Of course what Mr and Ms Guild Champions as well a Sir Raider.IO Is Great also won't mention is the fact that while the person starting the Group will use IO to decide if you get in you won't be able to see his/her IO score.
There will still be wipes since while IO will tell you JackofWar did 10 mythic and that is all. You won't see if the reason JackofWar was able because that is how long it before his "Guild" carried before booting his !@#, or that JackofWar splurged $60+ buying those runs.
Doesnt matter if they do or not, Blizzard seems uncapable of incorporating a system for players to use to move up in difficulty. So if it was banned/removed players would use another system. Its been that way for as long as I can remember.

Dont believe me look at gear score, item level, achievements and a few other systems they try to use than say o we dont want you using that as entry into content lol
09/21/2018 03:29 AMPosted by Mylinea

This is precisely the crappy attitude things like Raider IO generate.

"You havent done it before, so you're not good enough to do it."

And before you go searching up my own records and achievements to claim my opinion doesnt count. I dont enjoy M+ and the attitude it has brought to the surface in people so no I dont do it out of choice.

I am a former hardcore Raider and simply stick to Group finder (not LFR mind you) for my raiding experiance as I dont have the time to commit to a progression level raid team anymore.

Raider IO, and Gearscore mods before it are pure garbage, and in the world of paid mythic and raid carries mean nothing besides an inflated sense of importance over presumed "lesser players".

How is wanting people who know what they are doing a crappy attitude?

YOUR attitude is crappy. It's full of entitlement. I have every right to not want to be bothered teaching you how to do a dungeon.

Wasting multiple man-hours of time because you're trash is not an acceptable thing to do, even to strangers.
09/21/2018 06:50 AMPosted by Rhorai
So tell me Mr. Guilds are UBER. How did you meet the people you are now a Guildmate with?
I'm betting most if not all the "Join a Guild instead of Pugging" folks won't have a real solid answer.

I have a solid answer for ya. I tried out with a few different guilds. Decided i didn't like this guild went with another guild. After i ended up used abused and kicked by that other guild this guild reached out to me and i joined them and have been with them since.

I went through about 8 guilds over the course of legion before ending up here. But i'm moderately happy with where i am now.

09/21/2018 06:50 AMPosted by Rhorai
Of course what Mr and Ms Guild Champions as well a Sir Raider.IO Is Great also won't mention is the fact that while the person starting the Group will use IO to decide if you get in you won't be able to see his/her IO score.

Everyone and i mean EVERYONE's r.io is public. yours mine that group leaders. Nothing stops you from seeing their raider.io profile.
have you tried being a better playing and getting raider ios?
if you want to be taken seriously, don't post here.

post on reddit so the ppl in-charge will see it. only lowly forum moderators will see this post and they have no contact with ion and other higher-ups.
09/21/2018 05:03 AMPosted by Wariya
09/21/2018 03:52 AMPosted by Centrix
Blizzard has already stated mythic + was not intended to be pugged or lfg, rather to be run with friends and guildies.

So was masterloot, we all know how that went hahaha

You guys are gonna lose raider.io if this keeps up

Yeah and master loot changes took 6 expansions to change. Good luck with that
Even in my other guild we still use raider.io for selecting folks for some runs.
09/21/2018 03:49 AMPosted by Wariya
lol, another raide.io hate thread

This stuff is gaining momentum :)

Not really. It was the same asinine garbage last expansion and shockingly all the complaints made zero difference.

09/21/2018 03:16 AMPosted by Nakefews
The so called "raider ios" is what people use to judge whether you have a chance to run in their mythic plus groups. This add on is discriminatory and creates a culture of elitism in the wow community. It creates dissent among players and widens the gap between geared and non-geared players. The purpose of mythic plus dungeons is to challenge players at different levels and help them gear up as a reward, not keep the elite class ahead of the rest. This is counterproductive to how a fair and fun game should operate.

Therefore, I am calling on Blizzard to make the unpopular but right decision to ban "raider ios" or any related addons in the game. I call for other players to support this motion so as to restore fairness in the game and to give a chance for other players to be included in the higher tier content.

The incredibly simple answer here is: You are not entitled nor is anyone obligated to take you or anyone else they do not want to any dungeon or raid. If you want a chance for inclusion in higher tier content push your own keys and use those. If you want to be included in high end raiding get better, join a progression guild, work your way to that content. You don't get to just jump into a group because your parents have told you that you are the most special of people in this world because nobody on the internet is going to care since you are just a passing blip on their life's radar.

Form your own groups with your own criteria. This ridiculous attitude of thinking that you have some authority to police what criteria other people set for their own groups though is just incredibly sad.

09/21/2018 06:55 AMPosted by Littzi
if you want to be taken seriously, don't post here.

post on reddit so the ppl in-charge will see it. only lowly forum moderators will see this post and they have no contact with ion and other higher-ups.

Yes please do this. Go post this on reddit so you can be shamed back into your personal space. If you think reddit WoW is going to support the removal of raider.io you are going to be surprised.
I always enjoy these threads. Measuring sticks for your personal progress/ability being used to determine if you're invited to a group aren't going anywhere, just like you in m+.