Dreadwake Mount

General Discussion
..Why doesn't this mount sail like an actual boat? It just sinks in water.
Probably because a good portion of the community would be in an uproar if a "paid" mount had waterwalking with currently only two of those kind of mounts in the game that are not quick to get. It would add a small pay to win element into the game.
09/22/2018 09:01 PMPosted by Arkrem
Probably because a good portion of the community would be in an uproar if a "paid" mount had waterwalking with currently only two of those kind of mounts in the game that are not quick to get. It would add a small pay to win element into the game.

Multiple classes and potions and items give you waterwalking for free
My question about this mount is how they managed to sucker that many people? It's astonishing. And I'm not talking about the people who already had 6 months game time and just got it. They didn't stoop to that level. I'm more curious about the people who looked at the failed product BFA is and decided that spending $77 on a boat that tells Blizzard "I like the direction the game is going in." That's my question is how this happened? I guess the old joke about milking a sheep is still viable in 2018.
09/23/2018 05:50 AMPosted by Raij
My question about this mount is how they managed to sucker that many people? It's astonishing. And I'm not talking about the people who already had 6 months game time and just got it. They didn't stoop to that level. I'm more curious about the people who looked at the failed product BFA is and decided that spending $77 on a boat that tells Blizzard "I like the direction the game is going in." That's my question is how this happened? I guess the old joke about milking a sheep is still viable in 2018.

My question is why so many people try to command what other people do with their money and feel like others need to think and do what they do and that is the only option that they will accept.

You know we can play, provide feedback constructively and do (or not do) whatever we feel like? We don't need to flip a table and attack people when we have no business telling them what to do. Just because we are playing, buying things we want and not threatening our sub and posting hostile posts does not mean we are not unhappy with aspects of the game.
09/23/2018 05:43 AMPosted by Swålsh

Doesnt change the fact that paying to eliminate that grind is not a fair system.
Your armor is too heavy so it sinks
too many holes in the hull, no doubt

Same way they suckered you into playing a shaman, oof.
It's ominous of the direction of BFA.
09/23/2018 05:43 AMPosted by Swålsh

There you go just use one of those to make your boat have water walking
Why does my class mount which usually hovers a few feet above the ground sink in water. It's a bird. It never lands. Suddenly over water in new zone, splash,flap,splash,flap,splash,flap. Don't make logical arguments in a fantasy world. Some mounts are literally made of fire but they don't set fire to everything around them and if you take those same mounts in water, do they extinguish?
09/23/2018 06:23 AMPosted by Dårk

I legitimately like playing Shaman.
09/23/2018 06:35 AMPosted by Raij
09/23/2018 06:23 AMPosted by Dårk

I legitimately like playing Shaman.

Said no one ever, well it is sunday..
I always plays celine dion song when my ship sinks like a rock.
09/23/2018 07:23 AMPosted by Dårk
09/23/2018 06:35 AMPosted by Raij
...I legitimately like playing Shaman.

Said no one ever, well it is sunday..
I mean it's Monday and I'm still playing my Shaman. Sure I'm only doing WQs for rep and doing my pterodactyl daily and will log out till tomorrow but I still enjoy Shaman.
I have gotten a lot of feedback in my youtube video for this mount. Lot of people has downvoted the video as a result.

I think for a boat mount, it should act like the raft, which floats through water. However, being a gift given for subscribing to World of Warcraft for 6 months -- which requires a commitment from fans, the boat should also have the ability to ride through the water at least 310% movement speed considering the continent is pretty huge, and might be helpful to reach other areas by water, than through mountaineous land.

So my suggestion to the developers is to make adjustments to the Dreadwake mount:

• Add the ability to float like the raft. No sinking.
  • Give the mount 310% movement speed only on water.