Don't Let Blizzard Sneak the Taunt Change In!

General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16 Next
this blue post makes me concerned that the devs might actually be on drugs
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Honestly, Guardian's issue is more that it's boring AF to play.

Yes, I have my Werebear, I actually did play Guardian a bit in Legion.

It's obvious that you are playing brain dead prot pally this expac, and have no clue how the threat generation nerfs has changed the pace of other tanks. Stop and listen, because you look ignorant to anyone who plays more then 1 tank class this expac.

I like my prot pally too, it's nice not having to think about how I am tanking sometimes, !@#$%^-*!e in one hand and play my character in another hand. But I also like to go HAM as the underdog prot warrior too, it gives me perspective with what is going on in this role for other tanks.

When a warrior is responsible for the raid health as much as a paladin is, then you can talk about how paladin is brain-dead compared to warrior, or any other tank for that matter. When a warrior, or any other tank, has the tools and capabilities to prevent a raid wipe as much as a paladin is able to, then you can talk about how paladin is brain-dead compared to the other tanks. When I'm playing my warrior, or my death knight, or to a lesser extent my druid, I don't have any concern for anyone but myself. I mean, I might occasionally intercept to someone to eat the next attack against them, or battle rez someone, or throw out a little hot when I'm not actively tanking, but that's it. When someone's health is dropping and the healers are preoccupied with other stuff, there's not a whole lot I can do when I'm on my warrior or my death knight, and not much I can do without dropping my form when I'm on my druid. Only watch helplessly. With the paladin I could do so much while I'm actively tanking that I'm paying almost as much attention to my raid frames as I am to the raid encounter, because to do not do that would only be half-assing my class.

So when you start playing a tank spec that is responsible for more than just itself, you're free to call other specs brain-dead.
09/25/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Whiskeyjack
When a warrior is responsible for the raid health as much as a paladin is, then you can talk about how paladin is brain-dead compared to warrior,

If hes tanking and dies would that be responable for the health of the raid? Just want to understand the variances.
09/25/2018 04:01 PMPosted by Fellína
09/25/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Whiskeyjack
When a warrior is responsible for the raid health as much as a paladin is, then you can talk about how paladin is brain-dead compared to warrior,

If hes tanking and dies would that be responable for the health of the raid? Just want to understand the variances.

I mean, I explained what I mean by raid responsibility. You'd know what I meant if your limited attention span allowed you to read past the first sentence.
09/25/2018 03:36 PMPosted by Aurael
09/24/2018 06:18 PMPosted by Ythisens
Nowadays, in BFA, threat is once again something tanks need to keep in mind, and that massive bonus opens us up to all sorts of wacky issues as DPS (both from tanks and from damage dealers) increases. As one example, there's a risk that we end up in a situation where certain tanks need to use their taunt on cooldown as part of their single target rotation. That would be bad for several fairly obvious reasons.
Can someone explain this to me? How is 'too much threat' from taunts risky? Last time I checked tanks were the only ones who had them. If threat is overabundant the only threat to aggro would be...another tank, which if they're taunting means it's time to switch anyways, no?

How does excess threat on taunt equate to DPS pulling aggro off of them if they don't use it on cd? o_O

Need to check again.
your input is meaningless and ignored by blizzard. it is their game, not yours.
09/25/2018 05:07 PMPosted by Meanpal

How did that mentality work out for EA?
Why do they keep changing stuff that doesn't even need a change?

Seriously, who asked for the threat nerfs? or this taunt change? pretty sure nobody.. i swear.

Why don't we fix classes that actually need help like Shamans or something instead of this?
09/25/2018 05:11 PMPosted by Conorn
09/25/2018 05:07 PMPosted by Meanpal

How did that mentality work out for EA?

*Eats Popcorn*

The fallout from this, will be better than going to the cinema.
09/25/2018 05:17 PMPosted by Edisbelee

Seriously, who asked for the threat nerfs? or this taunt change? pretty sure nobody.. i swear.

Why don't we fix classes that actually need help like Shamans or something instead of this?

I'm pretty sure they have a plan. Judging by the changes that have been put in the game, we could make a guess that it doesn't have anything to do with increasing fun for subscribers.
09/25/2018 03:52 PMPosted by Trolhammaren

Arrogance is a hell of a drug.

They aren't on drugs, they're just lying through their teeth using excuses that make zero sense. This has been going on for quite a while now.
09/25/2018 03:52 PMPosted by Trolhammaren

Keep it clean and green mmkay? :D
09/25/2018 05:47 PMPosted by Goblinoffyre

I'm pretty sure they have a plan. Judging by the changes that have been put in the game, we could make a guess that it doesn't have anything to do with increasing fun for subscribers.

I wouldn't put it past Ion to be making this game more like vanilla so when vanilla servers go live the transition will be easier for everyone. If you look at it in that way it starts making sense.

As a person who did vanilla, i can say it was a great time but it's past that time. Yet they are dragging live towards vanilla kicking and screaming the whole way.

Because they (Ion) knows better.

Grand scheme and all.
So basically, you are telling tanks like DHs to not tank with druids?

I frequently tank with druids or Brewmaster monks. Not my choice.

If you're going to do this change, please for the love of god at least buff druid dps. It's way out of wack and my downtime when I tank with one feels high. Even when I play my DK(which I had to use to help my guild kill H Zek'voz. Other tank was a druid. I still had to attack very slowly when I did not have the boss and still was consistently above 100% aggro)
How is adjusting the numbers not changing it? This is splitting hairs to try and justify painting a negative change as a 'tool tip' update.

Changing the numbers is not changing how it works.

Bonus threat generated changed to 0%

All I did was "change the number" from 100% to 0%. At 0% the mechanic in essence is no longer there since it's value is 0. Your argument is invalid.

And yes I KNOW it's not being changed to 0% but you know that was their original intent so get bent with that nonsense.

I'm not worried about the minimal taunt change, but I will say that I actually LIKE the threat nerfs. More engaging to me as a tank. For instance, when an add spawns, I can no longer just hit Judgement on it from 30 yards away and have that act as a taunt with dps going crazy on it while I hit the boss as the add slowly walks to me. That kind of thing was silly and glad it is fixed honestly.

Maybe I'm wrong and the taunt change will be bad, but I don't see how it will affect much of anything. Seems to be a lot of anger over nothing.

Still, I am totally against all the tooltip silliness. That's what really caused this mess, and it is a bad idea to remove information anyway.
09/26/2018 06:00 AMPosted by Tareir
Maybe I'm wrong and the taunt change will be bad, but I don't see how it will affect much of anything. Seems to be a lot of anger over nothing.

The biggest impact is going to be any raid tank combo that uses a Guardian druid because their tank damage/threat generation is 20% lower than any other tank.

This means if you tank with a bear, you're gonna have to step afk after the taunt most likely if they don't simultaneously address the lack of damage/threat which Guardian druids produce relative to the other 5 tanks.
09/26/2018 06:14 AMPosted by Naros

The biggest impact is going to be any raid tank combo that uses a Guardian druid because their tank damage/threat generation is 20% lower than any other tank.

This means if you tank with a bear, you're gonna have to step afk after the taunt most likely if they don't simultaneously address the lack of damage/threat which Guardian druids produce relative to the other 5 tanks.

Maybe if they remove it or set it REALLY low I guess. You still get a good bonus when you taunt. Besides, using Heroic for obvious reasons:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#difficulty=4&class=Non-Healers&aggregate=amount

Respectfully, let's use the right numbers though. Bear isn't 20% below the next lowest tank. Bear doing 92% of a pally's DPS. Admittedly looking at the most extreme (DK) it is at 84%. Everyone isn't THAT far off all things considered.

Even if you're right about having to afk with the change (I'm not so sure with those numbers), the obvious solution is not worrying about taunt. More just give bears a 5% damage increase give or take (at least). The coefficient for taunt would be a far sloppier way to handle that issue if it arises.
Left hand needs to have a talk with right hand.

Then make a single post explicitly stating what is going on, what's on live, what's being tested as a possibility.
09/26/2018 07:46 AMPosted by Radaster
Left hand needs to have a talk with right hand.

Then make a single post explicitly stating what is going on, what's on live, what's being tested as a possibility.

You know communication is bad when the devs and blues can't even communicate with each other (let alone the customer)