Why you choose your race

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
I chose to make a void elf not because they are cute by listening to the whispers of the Old Gods and void is fun.

I suspect if I made a dark iron male he would be a psycho with an axe not a nice guy like thaelin darkanvil.
I chose Forsaken because I saw the BFA cinematic and thought Sylvanas was a badass warchief and the Forsaken were cool because they were the undead.

Not the best reason for choosing a race but it got the ball going and I like Olak.
At the time my choices were:
Dwarf
Gnome
Night Elf
Human

Human was too cliche and the other choices were uh.. euhh, "not a good fit"
To eat the Alliance.

Plus everything's more interesting when it's undead. Dragon? Zombie dragon! Bear? Zombear! It was alive, now it's not, and it's trying to kill us!

And, of course, being an obvious villain is just so much more FUN than being a goodguy >;)
Because I'm adora-bull.
Goblin, and the reasons are simple; most attractive race, most intelligent race, wealthiest race, they know how to have fun, but can be deadly serious when they need to be. Also, Rocket Jump is the single best racial ability in the game, bar none.

I know too many folks who take WoW way to seriously; in my experience the folks who play Goblins & Gnomes are much more laid-back, fun-loving people.
Because I faction changed from Horde at the end of Legion, so I picked the race that manages to represent that weirdly perfectly.
I have this notebook where i wrote all the classes and races and made sure i dont repeat any race nor class in a give faction so i have 22 or so slots to make character and nothing repeats.
TL DR i play them all
Dwarves are my favorite fantasy race, so naturally I gravitated toward them.

My name is also a hint. Guess which character I played on a certain old SEGA game.

Also I play a lot of Pandaren because thicc'ness.
Void Elf because I wanted to play a High Elf so these are the closest thing to it, with them being on Alliance
Pandaren because Cute and fluffy.
there was only one option so my choice was male or female

despite trolls being my favorite i can't race change because i've gotten so used to him being a cow. it'd be too weird to fit thru doors and not have giant clunky mounts... and where would i be without my cow-related jokes and whatnot? ]:3
09/23/2018 10:00 PMPosted by Weathervane
there was only one option so my choice was male or female

despite trolls being my favorite i can't race change because i've gotten so used to him being a cow. it'd be too weird to fit thru doors and not have giant clunky mounts... and where would i be without my cow-related jokes and whatnot? ]:3
Same boat. I also feel lost without War Stomp.

Zandalari might convince me, we'll see, long ways away.

Just got 21,000/21,000 Honorbound tonight. Mag'har something in my immediate future. :D
Booty.
I was tired of being green.
09/23/2018 10:08 PMPosted by Teria
Booty.
But you're playing a Draenei, not a Goblin. You needa get your eyes checked, Sweetroll.
I couldn't decide between BE or Draenei, so I went BE because I felt they were meant to be Paladins.
09/23/2018 09:14 PMPosted by Erolaella
I chose to make a void elf not because they are cute by listening to the whispers of the Old Gods and void is fun.

[/quote]

You chose them not because they listen to the whispers of the old gods, theyre cute and the void is fun. Understood. But why did you choose them then? This sentence is all kind of !@#$ed.
I guess I like the idea of humans with superpowers. Other than that, no real reason. My other characters are different races. This one just happens to be my main.
I definitely made a post in this topic, but now it's gone. Weird...