Nerf Blood DK CORRECTLY

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Prev 1 17 18 19 26 Next
The nerfs are needed, and I honestly hope they do not overdo those.. but if history is an example, they likely will.

Ideally, they will nerf the death strike healing, and a few minor tweaks to other +healing modifiers. I hope they buff your movement somewhat, to compensate for loss of healing. Also, control undead should be a UH/frost ability, not for blood. That's a bit much.
DKs are the most self reliant tank.

Lets not nerf them lets just agree that taking power away from the tanking role was a big mistake and give back self sustain to the rest.
People really need to stop asking for nerfs on other classes, and ask for buffs to what is wrong with theirs.
Hell I play warrior main.
But i dont wish for nerfs on anybody.
I was a rogue main.
Perfect example of nerfs killing a class.
10/11/2018 07:05 PMPosted by Blackstannis

Lets not nerf them lets just agree that taking power away from the tanking role was a big mistake and give back self sustain to the rest.

Some of that self-reliance needs to be removed though. A tank needs to rely on his healer just as much as a dps needs a healer or a healer needs their tank and vice-versa.

I really think DKs are over the top because of a handful of abilities (death strike healing being the biggest culprit). Just tone that down a bit, and give some CC and/or kiting ability to compensate.

You should be able to delay the inevitable when doing M+ - i.e. buy time for your healer to heal you back up, not completely ignore the need for a healer altogether.
The reason why there are so many BDK is because UNHOLY AND FROST ARE TRASH IN M+/PVP and forced to respec blood

It’s shocking I know
Hopefully they only tone down the insane self sustain as that's the only thing that's OP. Stuff like Bonestorm and Hemostatis need to be nerfed to the ground, but no more than a minor nerf to Death Strike to offset scaling. The goal is to being them in line with DH, Monk, and Pally for M+, NOT to bring them below Druid and Warrior for M+.
10/11/2018 08:13 PMPosted by Zoul
The reason why there are so many BDK is because UNHOLY AND FROST ARE TRASH IN M+/PVP and forced to respec blood

It’s shocking I know

False.
10/11/2018 07:31 PMPosted by Pressnpickle
People really need to stop asking for nerfs on other classes, and ask for buffs to what is wrong with theirs.

You act as though class balance is unidirectional, but that isn't how it works.

The designers set a goal for how they intended tanks to operate this expansion. If a tank falls short on that goal, they'll receive buffs. If a tank exceeds that goal and goes beyond an acceptable margin, they'll see nerfs.

Balance is multi-directional; ergo, buffs and nerfs are not mutually exclusive.

10/11/2018 07:31 PMPosted by Pressnpickle
But i dont wish for nerfs on anybody.

Then you clearly have no clue how stupidly out-scaled Blood is compared to the majority of the tank specs in this game right now. If you don't care to address that elephant in the room, that's on you.

As its been said multiple times before, no one wants Blood nerfed to a point it is not viable. We still want those who enjoy playing Blood to still do so.

We simply want the class design rules to apply to everyone somewhat equally.
10/11/2018 07:05 PMPosted by Blackstannis

It's not even just that. They are scaling to quickly to early. If they are this self reliant this early in the expansion with no gear just imagine how bad this problem is going to get by the end of the expansion if they are not kept in check.

And yes I consider upwards of ilvl 380 no gear considering the ilvl bump we get each raid tier is massive and how huge blood dk scales. This expansion was a missed opporunity to rework blood dk. The fact that blood dk got to keep death strike which deals high damage, heals and places an absorb in one click while most other tanks have offensive and defensive abilities that share a gcd is mind boggling to me.
10/11/2018 09:29 PMPosted by Exposed
And yes I consider upwards of ilvl 380 no gear

What makes it even worse is of the 5 BDKs that did those dungeons, one was 362 item level, the other was 364 item level. It just shows how stupid they scale even being in Heroic Uldir quality gear, not even Mythic raid gear.
10/11/2018 07:42 PMPosted by Crosshairs
A tank needs to rely on his healer just as much as a dps

I agree with this, a tank should only need a healer as much as a DPS does. In moments where a tank takes heavy damage. They should need external healing.
In moments when tanks get debuffs they should need a healer to remove them, otherwise the generic damage they take by tanking should be fine to be self sufficient.
I don't want blood nerfed.

Tanking is absolute trash this expansion. I want to see all the other tanks buffed and brought to the level of Blood.
10/11/2018 10:32 PMPosted by Acaelus
Tanking is absolute trash this expansion. I want to see all the other tanks buffed and brought to the level of Blood.

I'm sorry, but that clearly isn't going to happen unless Blizzard decides they have a new vision for how they want tanks to operate. And if they did, that likely won't change until the next expansion anyway.
its sad that huge posts asking for buffs don't get attention. druids are up to an 850 post asking for buffs, and prot have just accepted since legion they are trash.

a nerf thread may be the only answer for a lot of people to attempt to get change, i mean have a look at the azerite thread. there's more ppl onboard for tank balance in general then a buff to their said class.

Edit: main reason i want BDK nerfed is mainly when i look for a tank, i have 1 option.
10/11/2018 10:32 PMPosted by Acaelus

So tanks should do dps-level damage on trash, have more hps than a healer and also get the least damage of all specs.

Shouldnt they add a passive to tanks that wont let them drop below 50% hp while we're at it? Would fit the fantasy of what tanks should be able to do, according to some people here.
I was simply stating, and will again, my opinion.

Stop ASKING for other classes to be brought down.
It may be the design teams goal, but doesnt mean its right.

Make it a 3 step thought process.

1. Get other classes to perform.

2. Then, If other classes get to a spot where they perform, bring the outliers down.

3. Raid, dungeon etc.

I dont tank anymore because warriors are no bueno.
I do have a blood dk that i do not main, so yes I know they are op right now. Have been every exp in some form. I solo'd mythics in legion with him.
But I have better ethics than to bring someone down, when everyone else drastically needs brought up first.
So.. argue to make other classes better first is my point.
Yes, blizzard will nerf first 99% of the time, but it doesnt make it right.
Nerfing and pruning has made the game what it is now.
Wish more people could see that, especially blizz.
I love what the game was, and can be. Not what it is turning into.
Sorry your warrior is trash? That doesn't mean that all other tanks who are actually performing need to be brought down to your level. Maybe you should worry about how bad your class is, and not how good others are. In a perfect world sure, all tanks would be balanced but what would that actually mean? There would be no reason to play any class if they're all effectively the same. Blood excels at self healing because that is what the class was designed to do. Not at the expense of not needing a healer, but to take some stress off the healer.
Also, nobody seems to be mentioning that demonhunters also self heal pretty viciously, or they did last time I played one (which to be fair was well before argus released.) So if your problem with tanks being able to heal themselves, let's just take out the heals from Prot paladins, bm monks, blood dks, Guardian druids, havoc? Dh So they're all on level with warrior right? Oh wait victory rush. Heh. A 20% max health heal, castable for free with no CD as long as something dies. That's OP let's nerf warriors lmao
There are clear problems with how prot warriors and Guardian druids perform and the answer to that is most definitely not "nerf other classes to their level". If, after being buffed, and only after, tier 1 tanks still cast such a shadow over tier 4, then maybe we can talk about nerfing. But that should never be the first option. Especially if you were in charge of nerfing, you're asking for the entire spec to be removed at this point lmao