is Lich King back!?

General Discussion
According to the patch notes, we are going to have some form of interaction with him!

I cannot be the only one excited about this! Lich King was blizzards shining moment looking back in history. It is very exciting he has a part in BFA.

btw, besides PVP right now, this has been a great expansion. Mixing in some old LK is going to make it even better.
Bolvar is the Lich King.

There must ALWAYS be a Lich King
yes it seems that way :)
This is only a shell of the Lich King. Not Arthas, no Frostmourne.
he never left

09/24/2018 11:09 AMPosted by Shamageddon
This is only a shell of the Lich King. Not Arthas, no Frostmourne.

arthas and frostmourne are irrelevant. the lich king exists inside the helmet.
Don't call it a comeback: he's been here for years.
The Lich King is going to come to the aid of Jaina.
The Lich King has always been here.

There must ALWAYS be a Lich King.
09/24/2018 11:07 AMPosted by Onedown
According to the patch notes, we are going to have some form of interaction with him!

I cannot be the only one excited about this! Lich King was blizzards shining moment looking back in history. It is very exciting he has a part in BFA.

btw, besides PVP right now, this has been a great expansion. Mixing in some old LK is going to make it even better.

All you do is have a conversation with the Lich King, and leave. Literally. He tells you he did not tell Vol'Jin to pick Sylvannas as warchief.
It's just a very short sequence guys, don't get all excited only to be very dissapointed in the end.
Spoilers below

He's not 'back'. You accompany the spirit of Vol'jin to Icecrown Citadel to ask the Lich King a question about the circumstances of Vol'jin's death. The Lich King tells Vol'jin to get out of his man cave, and you leave shortly afterward.
09/24/2018 11:11 AMPosted by Himmelfahrt
The Lich King is going to come to the aid of Jaina.

No, The Lich King (Bolvar) is going to come to the aid to his daughter, which is in Kul'Tiras. If you complete the campaign, you find out that his duaghter is the one that shows you around Kul'Tiras.
I'm actually kinda nervous meeting Bolvar again. Last time I met him was with my DK in Legion and he's pretty damn sneaky with his manipulation. If he started his sentences with "Would you kindly," you'd notice the same similarity as me with how manipulative this new LK is.
09/24/2018 11:13 AMPosted by Tyberim
Spoilers below

He's not 'back'. You accompany the spirit of Vol'jin to Icecrown Citadel to ask the Lich King a question about the circumstances of Vol'jin's death. The Lich King tells Vol'jin to get out of his man cave, and you leave shortly afterward.

Does he say anything about how Vol'jin was tricked in picking Sylvanas as Warchief? There is a conspiracy that Vol'jin was told by an Old God to pick Sylvanas as Warchief.
09/24/2018 11:12 AMPosted by Sinelus

All you do is have a conversation with the Lich King, and leave. Literally. He tells you he did not tell Vol'Jin to pick Sylvannas as warchief.

Still.. maybe there is gonna be a cool cinematic.. that's exciting to me! I know Arthur is dead but the lich king is still there, it's a very cool character and previous boss in azeroths history.

Very excited.. maybe later in the expansion soon he will have a bigger part.. who knows, maybe we will have to fight him again in the future!
09/24/2018 11:15 AMPosted by Roshta
I'm actually kinda nervous meeting Bolvar again. Last time I met him was with my DK in Legion and he's pretty damn sneaky with his manipulation. If he started his sentences with "Would you kindly," you'd notice the same similarity as me with how manipulative this new LK is.

Yeah, he ends up creating a new four horsemen of the apocalypse. Sounds like Zul is getting to Bolvar. I wonder how much Bolvar is still in control?

If you played DK in Legion, you'd get to see him a lot.
I wonder if the conversation is going to be different for the Alliance and the Horde.
Alliance have Bolvar's daughter, while the Horde has Vol'Jin's question.

I wonder if we will get information about if Vol'jin's pick for Warchief was a Old God trick.
This has been brewing for a while, given all of the Arthas references, and the Taelia revelation at the end of alliance questing.

This may just be an initial encounter, but there is probably more Lich King-related stuff on the horizon.
09/24/2018 11:25 AMPosted by Suréna
This has been brewing for a while, given all of the Arthas references, and the Taelia revelation at the end of alliance questing.

This may just be an initial encounter, but there is probably more Lich King-related stuff on the horizon.

I hope so. I think it would be cool if they reference more stuff from old content. You know, tie the content together.