Should Maelstrom Alliance recruit?

Lightninghoof, Maelstrom, and The Venture Co
Given the severe imbalance in war mode population on Normal servers, this would be a good time to recruit server transfers to Maelstrom Alliance. Obviously we'd only want to recruit people who could stay in character, but I think there are a lot of people on Normal servers who could do that and are sufficiently frustrated at the faction imbalance to move.

My main concern is that Maelstrom has always been a Horde majority server, and I'm concerned that if Maelstrom becomes Alliance majority, that might substantially change the character of the server. On the other hand, maybe that doesn't matter, since we're mostly sharded with Emerald Dream in current zones anyway.

Thoughts?
It certainly doesn't hurt to drop some hints around the community that War Mode is *pretty* fun in the RP shards. I'm a little surprised, I expected to have a skewed War Mode balance in RP shards, and was considering my move to a Normal server for better action. Yet based on what I hear from Normal server folks, hardly any Alliance are entering War Mode.

I had a great time fighting battles in virtually every part of Vol'dun last night. While the zone did feel Horde heavy (it was on Zandalar after all) when the Alliance got organized we could adequately fight back and wipe out some Horde groups.

If we could organize a large World PvP event (even if they are cross server) that could merit some community attention on say /r/wow, it might encourage some transfers. I've seen similar effects when massive RP events happen on realms like Wyrmrest Accord.
By the time I was on you guys were busy fighting, but it did sound like fun. I ended up putting together a group to do the Champions of Azeroth emissary, during which we killed enough Horde that we just needed a few extra kills at the end to get the Tour of Duty done too. I also got one or two more people to join Alliance Council so they can get more exposure to the RP servers.

One of the issues I run into when I consider suggesting a server transfer is that I don't know of enough RPPVP guilds to suggest, and <Huntress> is kind of specialized. Since KTM left, the server really needs a RPPVP guild with a human or dwarf focus. Maybe someone with some leadership skills will create such a guild? Like, maybe someone named Balanor?

I might post on the War Mode forum to suggest transfers of entire guilds as well, but I still think if someone like you started a guild, that would be good. PVP raids are likely a great recruiting tool right now for people who are getting fed up with Normal server war mode.

What kind of events would attract large numbers of PVP folks? City raids are one traditional PVP "event", but I'm not sure if people will be willing to spare the time until later in the expansion. Any others?
09/26/2018 01:58 PMPosted by Yarrow
Since KTM left, the server really needs a RPPVP guild with a human or dwarf focus. Maybe someone with some leadership skills will create such a guild? Like, maybe someone named Balanor?

I don't know about leadership skills, but regardless I'm not an ideal guild leader given my inconsistent in-game activity. Sometimes I'll be all in on WoW, and then I'll disappear for 2 weeks or more. I've consider it lately though, if only to have a cool guild name under my character name again.

What kind of events would attract large numbers of PVP folks? City raids are one traditional PVP "event", but I'm not sure if people will be willing to spare the time until later in the expansion. Any others?

For attention I think it's going to be gathering a massive amount of numbers to bring in a "wow" factor with the screenshots. Maybe just continuously recruiting multiple groups in the same zone, taking over an entire region. It could culminate in a singular city raid, but I think size is the key for recruiting purposes.

For those interested in RPPVP, a good themed event is always good. I did a few random events that had a basic back-story, coordinated with some Horde players, formed some semi-balanced groups, then we just staged some skirmishes in an old-world zone like Ashenvale. Problem with those is that it was difficult to garner enough interest to make the event look epic enough for recruiting purposes.
Since KTM left, the server really needs a RPPVP guild with a human or dwarf focus. Maybe someone with some leadership skills will create such a guild? Like, maybe someone named Balanor?

I don't know about leadership skills, but regardless I'm not an ideal guild leader given my inconsistent in-game activity. Sometimes I'll be all in on WoW, and then I'll disappear for 2 weeks or more. I've consider it lately though, if only to have a cool guild name under my character name again.

Do it, Do it! Let me know if you need me to come up with a level 1 "friend" to sign your charter.
When organizing an event, be mindful of how CRZ/Sharding works and how it affects the distribution of people in a zone.

KTM has to form groups just to be able to see each-other reliably in Boralus, because the server splits the population up into different shards. We can be standing next to one-another but be unable to see each-other unless we group up... because of sharding.

On the same token, if you organize an event in an old zone, those old zones don't CRZ/shard so you will only see people from Maelstrom/LH/VeCo on them. I'm not sure if this is also the case for the recently updated old world zones like Darkshore and Arathi Highlands, but if you want to hold an event and maximize the visual exposure, then it's worth considering the pros & cons of doing it in new-content zones where you guys can potentially have folks from other realms see the event.

PS if you need a signature for a charter just HMU on bnet Gonzalez#1887 - I can probably get a couple other Marines to make level 1s to sign a charter.
Dear Elune the sharing... Can you imagine just how jarring it is for us to have Silme and Sulime in different shards??!!!
09/29/2018 10:55 AMPosted by Nearo
On the same token, if you organize an event in an old zone, those old zones don't CRZ/shard so you will only see people from Maelstrom/LH/VeCo on them. I'm not sure if this is also the case for the recently updated old world zones like Darkshore and Arathi Highlands

It is.

Also, Balanor's guild is up and running - Knights of Arathor!