MW healing kit is lacking something

Monk
Does anyone else feel like the MW Healing kit feels half-baked? In Legion I felt like we actually had a good assortment of abilities, and they all interacted with each other in meaningful ways.

Legion:
1) Effuse / Soothing mist (passive) ST filler heal ... Nothing special here but they filled their roles well. Soothing Mist (AMA) GCD of .5sec in PVP made for fast-paced PVP healing.

2) Vivify for small-aoe-healing, Vivify procs on REM were also an interesting interaction. This was amazing for dungeon healing, and even raid healing with Lifecycles.

3) Env Mist / Sheilun for heavy ST Healing. Casting these two in sequence would immediately top someone off, but the long cast time of Sheilun was an appropriate cost.

4) Essence font for large-aoe-healing ... After they put a cooldown on it I think it fit our toolkit well. The mastery interaction was unique.

5) Thunder focus tea had good bonuses that interacted with the above heals.. Both useful in PVE/PVP. I would frequently use TFT>Env Mist in both PVE/PVP as an Emergency heal, and TFT>Effuse in PVP with Fortune Turned for a super ST Heal.

BFA:
1) Effuse is removed, our only filler heal is Soothing Mist. GCD was increased from .5s in Legion (AMA) to 1.0s. For PVP mistweavers it feels slow/clunky.

2) Sheilun was removed, it filled the niche of being our only giant ST Heal in Legion. Which leads me into #3....

3) Vivify is our only Casted NON-Hot ST Heal. Now if you want to spam-heal into Env Mists for increased healing you need to cast Vivify which feels weird because it's really supposed to be an AOE Heal.

4) REM/Vivify healing feels like REM/Uplift healing in WOD...

5) Thunder Focus Tea bonuses feel lackluster and boring. Especially in PVP. No more TFT > Instant Env Mists?

6) We get Surging Mist to replace Effuse in PVP fortunately, but it has no interactions with Thunder Focus Tea which disappoints me. With the increased SooM GCD (and mana cost of EnvMist) it's often better to spam Surging Mist w/o Enveloping Mist which also feels wrong to me, since I've always seen Env Mists as a precursor to our single target healing.

7) Mana tea is on the GCD? What? When there is a lot of damage going out and I might actually need to use this to save mana, I probably can't cast it because someone will die while I'm on GCD.

Thoughts?
Take mana tea off the gcd, maybe make RenewMIst not interrupt SooMist ( on main target or anyone idc ), and make life cocoon usable while stunned and we are good.
09/12/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Hadhit
Take mana tea off the gcd, maybe make renew not interrupt SooMist ( on main target or anyone idc ), and make life cocoon usable while stunned and we are good.

I was going to say something more along the lines of:

1. Take mana tea off gcd
2. Slightly increase duration of REM
3. Reduce SooM gcd to .5

Although with our survivability nerfs it may be time to make Cocoon usable while stunned once more.
09/12/2018 01:41 PMPosted by Frostchi
Take mana tea off the gcd, maybe make renew not interrupt SooMist ( on main target or anyone idc ), and make life cocoon usable while stunned and we are good.

I was going to say something more along the lines of:

1. Take mana tea off gcd
2. Slightly increase duration of REM
3. Reduce SooM gcd to .5

Although with our survivability nerfs it may be time to make Cocoon usable while stunned once more.
I still don't understand why they destroyed all our stun protections... Like, every. single. one....
Just take SM off GCD and make it to where we can cast while moving
I just want an interrupt... maybe a little better mana efficiency.
09/12/2018 06:20 PMPosted by Shenqima
The cast while moving would make them have to handicap our mana pool more. The GCD being reduced however would make the class feel SOOO much more smooth.
09/12/2018 08:41 PMPosted by Fox
The cast while moving would make them have to handicap our mana pool more

Agreed. Losing something for walking+SooMist isnt worth it right now with how much mobility we have already....
09/12/2018 07:46 PMPosted by Takizawa

Leg sweep/Paralysis/RoP can all be used as interrupts in most cases. Not to mention you're a blood elf.
09/12/2018 09:31 PMPosted by Hazelrose

Leg sweep/Paralysis/RoP can all be used as interrupts in most cases. Not to mention you're a blood elf.

Blood Elf can't interrupt anymore.
I would like Effuse back and have Vivify be the same as it was in Legion. Overall I really liked Legion Monk a lot better. And I think every class has a bunch of CDs that need to be off the GCD...
Not to mention you're a blood elf.
Not gonna lie, this statement made me cringe.
I wish Rising Sun Kick had a base healing synergy without having to talent into Rising Mist.

Even just healing the lowest player nearby for a similar amount to Vivify would be nice.
09/12/2018 06:20 PMPosted by Shenqima

That would be absolutely broken, I hope you're joking.
MW during WoD was REALLY fun to play. Maybe a bit OP for some things, but it was well paced.

Soothing Mist back to .5 GCD + Cocoon while stunned would be absolute minimum to feel relevant. Reduce a little Paralysis and we're in business i'd say.
09/13/2018 09:09 AMPosted by Senseimoonk
I wish Rising Sun Kick had a base healing synergy without having to talent into Rising Mist.

Even just healing the lowest player nearby for a similar amount to Vivify would be nice.

Was thinking the exact same thing. It needs some baked in healing and then the talent to boost it up a bit.
Does anyone else feel like the MW Healing kit feels half-baked? ...
Yes, the other half Mistweavers are missing is something akin to Crane Stance.
I couldn't agree more that mistweaver monk seem clunky right now. Your healing is based around having your hots out, so for vivify to have the same effect of legion you have to have 3 renewing mists out. This can be maintained but going into a fight I feel short an appendage because I should be able to cast those 3 hots and use my vivify instead of having to ramp up my healing. All together monk to me feels like a clunkier watered down version of a druid. I like to call it druid lite. Honestly having a little longer duration and 3 charges with a longer cd i think would make a huge difference in the smoothness of this play style.

This is wrong on so many levels. Blood Elves have no interrupt anymore. The other abilities do have their uses, but are worthless on bosses. Even on trash they have very long cooldowns and aren't a reliable interrupt like most other classes have.
I was going to make a post about this yesterday that MW is missing something and that Vivify feels weird spamming it but I didn't want to look stupid. Glad I'm not the only one that dislikes it.