Saurfang Joining the Alliance?

Story Forum
Prev 1 3 4 5
09/17/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Okhu
Alliance can keep Sourtooth. Eitrigg is the Grand-daddy Orc the Horde deserves and needs. Loyal to the Horde and not a giant coward or hypocrite.

Plus he drinks a ton of soy, making him even more relatable to you.
09/17/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Okhu
Alliance can keep Sourtooth. Eitrigg is the Grand-daddy Orc the Horde deserves and needs. Loyal to the Horde and not a giant coward or hypocrite.
Wasn't his whole shtick in Drustvar about him being deathly afraid of witches?
09/17/2018 06:31 PMPosted by Grandblade
Wasn't his whole shtick in Drustvar about him being deathly afraid of witches?

At least he ain't poutin' in an Alliance prison 'cuz Sylvanas was a meanie.
Annnnnddd.....saurfang has joined the alliance.
11/14/2018 09:19 AMPosted by Optímuskrayt
He hasn't joined the Alliance, he's just subservient minion of their High King.
11/14/2018 09:35 AMPosted by Hahahahahaha
11/14/2018 09:19 AMPosted by Optímuskrayt
He hasn't joined the Alliance, he's just subservient minion of their High King.

Saurfang isn't Anduins minion nor a part of the Alliance, simply they have parallel goals: Ousting Sylvanas, and preventing the collapse of their own faction.

Saurfang knows that the Horde under Sylvanas eventually loses its identify, and would commit the same kind of atrocities that the Original Horde did..quite specifically, the destruction of Stormwind.

Saurfang has the moral imperative to A: Remove Sylvanas as Warchief in order persevere Thralls Horde, and B: Prevent the second destruction of Stormwind.

One can imagine that latter point being very important to a man that feels great guilt over the actions he had taken pre-Warcraft 3. A literary theme of personal redemption, and redemption for the Horde.

But nuance is illegal on the story forum, so Ill prepare myself for my execution.
11/14/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Demontê
But nuance is illegal on the story forum, so Ill prepare myself for my execution.
"TYRANDE TOTALLY ABANDONED HER PEOPLE FOR MALFURION YOU GUYZ!! NO NUANCE"
Why is with you people oh so terribly offended with us posters that didn't like the narrative direction Blizz took with Saurfang?

I don't see why should I bother with a character that became badly written and unrelatable for me just because of mere tribalism (seriously, this "lul, if you aren't in Saurfang's side you are a Sylvanas fanboy" and vice versa needs to stop).
11/14/2018 10:39 AMPosted by Ariël
Why is with you people oh so terribly offended with us posters that didn't like the narrative direction Blizz took with Saurfang?

I don't see why should I bother with a character that became badly written and unrelatable for me just because of mere tribalism (seriously, this "lul, if you aren't in Saurfang's side you are a Sylvanas fanboy" and vice versa needs to stop).

And you need to stop using Strawman arguments every time someone doesn't agree with you. Also, its hard to say that Saurfang is the victim of "Tribalism" when he's apparent working with the King of the other side; that's not something a "tribalist" would do. A tribalist would likely instead fall into paranoia about another group of people to justify a war of extermination against them.
11/14/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Droité
(seriously, this "lul, if you aren't in Saurfang's side you are a Sylvanas fanboy" and vice versa needs to stop).

And you need to stop using Strawman arguments every time someone doesn't agree with you.
Is it a strawman if I can easily find a 100 posts on this forum of people writing exactly that?

Because much like the other issues Horde posters like to whine about, it's practically a non-issue?
09/16/2018 05:59 PMPosted by Grandblade
09/16/2018 05:56 PMPosted by Tannaril
Well, so far the plot is a "Garrosh 2.0" one, so it seem likely.
Blizzard has stated that Garrosh "won't be getting the Garrosh treatment." To me, this just seems like she won't be a raid boss, not that she won't get dethroned.

Pretty much. The take the plot of MoP, drop actually making Sylvanas a raid boss, and pretend it isn't the same thing.
09/16/2018 05:59 PMPosted by Grandblade
09/16/2018 05:56 PMPosted by Tannaril
Well, so far the plot is a "Garrosh 2.0" one, so it seem likely.
Blizzard has stated that Garrosh "won't be getting the Garrosh treatment." To me, this just seems like she won't be a raid boss, not that she won't get dethroned.

Pretty much. The take the plot of MoP, drop actually making Sylvanas a raid boss, and pretend it isn't the same thing.
09/17/2018 03:20 PMPosted by Grandblade
They also said Vol'jin wouldn't be Warchief, Grommash would be WoD's final boss, and that Warcraft I was morally grey.

Re Vol'jin, they didn't flat-out deny it would be him. They said it would be someone no one would expect. I think they overestimated how much of a surprise it would be to have a non-orc warchief.

Re Grommash, hasn't it been confirmed that they fully planned for him to be the final boss but changed their minds after people complained of "orc fatigue"? (And thank goodness for orc fatigue, because we killed enough heroes of the Old Horde in WoD as it was.)

Re Warcraft I ... I got nuthin'.
11/14/2018 11:28 AMPosted by Zuleika
Re Warcraft I ... I got nuthin'.
You and me both, friend.
11/14/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Droité

And you need to stop using Strawman arguments every time someone doesn't agree with you. Also, its hard to say that Saurfang is the victim of "Tribalism" when he's apparent working with the King of the other side; that's not something a "tribalist" would do. A tribalist would likely instead fall into paranoia about another group of people to justify a war of extermination against them.

Player tribalism, dear. Horde playerbase is basically divided in 4 teams as of now:

1. Team Sylvanas that blindly defends the terribad narrative that impacted the Forsaken and her.

2. Team Saurfang that blindly defends the unrelatable and terribad narrarive surrounding the character.

3. Team conditional Sylvanas that basically supports her just to either spite the writers obvious "efforts" to make us like Blanduin et al, or to denounce the MoP 2.0 rehash (some posters literally manifest to be totally in disagreement with Sylvanas but they feel catteting to MoP 2.0 is worse, ergo they rather keep her even with the atrocious baggage this implies).

3. Team fck them both that rather not support both choices cause supporting any if those feels like vindicating the terribad narrative of BfA (my team personally speaking).

If you guys have a preference, well good for yoy. Nonethelesd, at least try to aknowledge how this 10th rate narrative is not only managing to break the faction lorewise but actually down to the very core of the playerbase. And that your choice may not be the right one by default.
Saurfang has no more reason to join the Alliance than Thrall ever did.
11/14/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Demontê

Or, and hear me out here, we think Blizzard are bad writers when compared to several different story settings.