'anxiety over the PvP scaling is unfounded'

Arenas
https://twitter.com/ckaleiki/status/1041878657701052416
https://www.reddit.com/r/worldofpvp/comments/9hbnj4/tested_some_azerite_trait_scaling/

Please Mr. pvp/class dev, can you talk down to us using Paint drawings of stick figures again? I'd love to read your response tweet to all of this. Sad thing is that this dev gets nothing but praise since he is our only communication from blizz.

they must all be busy working on lock/dk fixes and hookpoint loading.....right? JK theyre brainstorming on how they can prune us down ever more until were nothing but MOBA classes, or how to get us to buy RNG gear loot boxes in the cash shop.

This garbage wont go away until we get dedicated devs that communicate. im really tired of having passionless part-time PvE devs in the pocket of activision refusing to care about anything in this beautiful game that we grew up on.
I agree with the fact that it was rather disrespectful the way he addressed the situation. I'm 29, almost 30. Show me the math. I've been mathing out upgrades in PVE since I was in high school for this game. We deserve better.
09/20/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Heckindoggo
I agree with the fact that it was rather disrespectful the way he addressed the situation. I'm 29, almost 30. Show me the math. I've been mathing out upgrades in PVE since I was in high school for this game. We deserve better.

I love ur name
We'd be a lot less irate if someone actually talked to us. This is a hobby we all enjoy, and having someone hit us with a twitter post in a disrespectful manner when we don't even know who the flippin' guy is goes beyond insulting.

Blizz - take a hint. Give someone the title of pvp dev, and have them actually come talk to us. I had a hell of a lot more respect for someone like Holinka than random schmuck #13.
09/20/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Heckindoggo

Remember that they took away vendors because they didn't trust us to know what to do with the currency we earned.

Like, in WoD there were hundreds of people crying about Silver Proving Grounds preventing them from queuing Heroic dungeons.
Agreed. Time to give direct answers
yeah his picture doesn't explain !@#$, I can't tell how much, what numbers, or what kind of gearing i need to acquire...I've not logged in for the past week to do any pvp because I don't want to make progress somewhere and then find out it was a waste of time.

i would like something concrete to work with. Math really isn't that hard (although i suck at algebra and calculus)
You don't need to know the exact numbers, you just need to understand it doesn't change your gearing / stat priorities at all.

Only worry about things you can control, like trinketing that nova root.
09/20/2018 04:13 PMPosted by Kalakbar
You don't need to know the exact numbers, you just need to understand it doesn't change your gearing / stat priorities at all.

Read 2nd link.
09/20/2018 04:13 PMPosted by Kalakbar

big oof
What picture are we talking about??
There's only one explanation for their silence on this. They don't want to admit how this works, because they are ashamed. Pls, no one armory me i'm farming wotlk content now LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
09/20/2018 03:59 PMPosted by Quietly
Silver Proving Grounds preventing them from queuing Heroic dungeons.

Wait really? LMAO
I mean, PvP balance has always been bad. Sometimes it was less bad, but it was always bad.
This is a natural consequence of the way Blizzard designs and balances content. They create PvE content, (attempt) to balance the classes for the PvE content, see what happens in PvP, and then try to make slight adjustments to PvP balance without breaking all the stuff they did for PvE. It's back-asswards for creating a balanced game overall.

If they really want PvP to work, they need to build and balance the classes around PvP. Then, once they have a functional PvP set up, they can design PvE around it. PvE monster abilities and design do not have to follow the same rules as player classes and can be adjusted and mucked with however Bliz wanted to achieve the goal because monsters player by different rules. They can adjust resistances to specific damage, boss swing timers, damage type ratios, invent new abilities - whatever they want, because all of that is self-contained and doesn't matter outside of engagement with that specific PvE enemy.
This guy is basically asking to be fired at this point I say we let him do whatever this game is already screwed for the next two years
I mean, I read the second link, that's one of those bugs Chris was talking about in his post. I'd love to have an active blue poster here too, but I guess we're stuck with Dilly as our greenie. He will survive ...
09/20/2018 04:01 PMPosted by Forums
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769159027

I am beyond impressed. Not only that, but I can't help but feel vindicated that the inbred chimp who tweeted us a Paint image looks like a complete idiot given this information.

BFA is officially a gg.
So not only is it often better to use a lower ilvl piece of gear because it has a better azerite trait, we might actually be penalized for upgrading ilvl in general?

What even is this game anymore.
Plz. My partners won't que with me. Something about "nty, worst class" or smth.