Make 12 hr. Deserter for M+ Leavers.

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 13 Next
I have an idea , when you join a mythic+ the logout button becomes greyed off , your pc wont alt tab or respond and restraints comes out of your pc chair to make sure you cannot move until the dungeon is completed .

But on a more serious note

-Leaving a m+ dungeons lowers your current weekly chest by 2

Its punishing and stupid to redo your highest key but will it make everyone think twice about leaving a group at the expense of having to rerun your highest for chest .
09/23/2018 07:40 PMPosted by Slyveral
I have an idea , when you join a mythic+ the logout button becomes greyed off , your pc wont alt tab or respond and restraints comes out of your pc chair to make sure you cannot move until the dungeon is completed .

Its punishing and stupid to redo your highest key but will it make everyone think twice about leaving a group at the expense of having to rerun your highest for chest .

I’ll take “How to kill the M+ pug scene” for $1000 Alex.
09/23/2018 06:58 PMPosted by Kaydewey
09/23/2018 06:09 PMPosted by Matomato

ilvl 355 Priest - Abandonment - 850 times
ilvl 330 Monk - Abandonment - 7 times

Then we can make a choice on reasonable data.
first off, the abandonment is not taking into account reasonable reasons to leave. You computer is lagging and you don't want to be hurt the team, family member got into a car accident, etc.

Also, it would give new players a huge advantage to old players. If someone played in vanilla, then they would probably have a ton of abandonment then a new player. So it would be harder for old players to join groups.

Not if we made it percentage based... like 'completed mythic+ runs - 950' 'Percentage abandoned - 2%' - we all have it happen sometimes. I have myself when I got an unexpected knock at the door... But when you see people who have abandoned 15% of their runs because the healer was a 'noob' or the hunter pet has taunt, or the group wiped once... then you can know to avoid them...
I agree that they should be punished - however, I think a better way would be to use a counter on how many times they have left an M+. Display that in group finder next to their ilvl that way people know whether they are grouping with a habitual leaver or not.
09/23/2018 07:52 PMPosted by Melonbug
I agree that they should be punished - however, I think a better way would be to use a counter on how many times they have left an M+. Display that in group finder next to their ilvl that way people know whether they are grouping with a habitual leaver or not.

Read upwards! I like it.
09/23/2018 05:45 AMPosted by Rastlin
Left the group/dungeon for any reason.

So say their child just fell over and is screaming in pain with a bloody nose. Should they just sit there and finish the instance and let the baby bleed?

Say that they have a medical incident. It happens, people get sick. Is that still not enough reason?

Their internet crashes. Don't tell me it's never happened to you because you must live in a mythical world of perfect ISPs.

Real life sometimes gets in the way of best intentions. You need to consider that there are people running that character and sometimes things happen outside the gaming environment that were unpredictable and unintended. Punishing someone for that sort of thing is extremely unfair.
I think I would still favor capturing and reporting on it...

We would pretty much all have the odd run we had to bail on for some RL reason and that is fair enough. But there are people out there who bail after one wipe because they are used to being carried and dont like the process of learning.

If there was visible data on it, just like iLvl - 346 Warrior bails on 17% of his M+ runs vs 335 Mage bails on 1.2% of their M+ runs that is an interesting choice to make for the person who owns the key.

I feel like that information is as valuable as iLvl to make an informed decision on who to bring for your key...
I sense some slapped faces in this thread

I can't tell if you people aren't attempting to think these ideas through or you are and you are just completely missing the most obvious issue here; not one of your suggestions is a fix. Every single one of your suggestions is just a situation of if the group is failing go afk until the group disbands because leaving will get you a penalty, but staying and afking won't. If you add kicks to causing the penalty, then you are opening an entirely different can of worms.

If you enter a group with the expectation to complete within a timer and the group fails or after a couple of wipes is clearly not making the timer, then you have every right to leave. If you are going to say that people can't leave and will be penalized, then the key holder needs to be penalized every single time you fail a timer with the exact same penalties. You can't hold people hostage without there being a reciprocal penalty.

Seriously, the system is fine and every single suggestion in this thread would turn M+ into an absolute cluster of stupid (beyond what PuGing M+ generally is).
I don't know, maybe for low keys. But high keys are pretty challenging stuff. And if your group is bad. Well then your group is bad... We shouldn't be threatened with a 12hr ban to participate in a single dungeon when it could potentially take 2 hrs if the group really sucks big time. Just saying
09/23/2018 10:22 PMPosted by Necai

I can't tell if you people aren't attempting to think these ideas through or you are and you are just completely missing the most obvious issue here; not one of your suggestions is a fix. Every single one of your suggestions is just a situation of if the group is failing go afk until the group disbands because leaving will get you a penalty, but staying and afking won't. If you add kicks to causing the penalty, then you are opening an entirely different can of worms.

If you enter a group with the expectation to complete within a timer and the group fails or after a couple of wipes is clearly not making the timer, then you have every right to leave. If you are going to say that people can't leave and will be penalized, then the key holder needs to be penalized every single time you fail a timer with the exact same penalties. You can't hold people hostage without there being a reciprocal penalty.

Seriously, the system is fine and every single suggestion in this thread would turn M+ into an absolute cluster of stupid (beyond what PuGing M+ generally is).

I'm not favoring a penalty as I think that will take care of itself. I am in favor of tracking and publically reporting someone's abandonment rates from a M+ dungeon. You know those jerks who are like 'this isn't going the way I like. I am bailing. KthxBai'

I wanna know, right next to their iLvl what the rate of abandonment is. We are all bailing sometimes for RL intrustions so everyone will have some. But some people bail on the first wipe. Who are those people? I think eventually higher percentage bailers will struggle to get into M+ groups.

Just like low iLvl people today. And that is a good outcome.
The problem is there are just far too many variables for this to be at all helpful.

1) How long would this counter run before resetting? A week? A month? A whole raid tier? The whole xpac? The longer you go, the higher the number will inevitably climb.

2) How do you define "leaving"? Is it just the first person to drop group? What if you're the second, or third, or fourth person to leave after, say, the tank ran off? Are you supposed to just sit there inside a dungeon for 30+ minutes that you have no hope of completing?

3) What about trolls who decide it would be fun to tank runs just to up this number for other random people?

4) What happens if you have one particularly bad week in which your internet connection is twitchy? Let's say your area of the country has just been hit by a massive hurricane or blizzard and the power and internet is cutting in and out? Are you not even supposed to try to run any M+ that week because you might get DCd at any moment?
Why not 1 hour per key level? Get rid of the DC thing though. And also account for wipes. Sorry, but if the group wipes too many times, I don't want to be stuck there for an infinite amount of time.
Also, just thinking out loud here , but what if the key holder just goes AFK from the start. Just to troll folks. Would there be no way out for the other 4 people?
09/23/2018 11:16 PMPosted by Icebeer
Also, just thinking out loud here , but what if the key holder just goes AFK from the start. Just to troll folks. Would there be no way out for the other 4 people?

I said it like 3 times earlier. The way the OP describes it, it's a hostage situation from the start. It goes like this....and mind you this junk literally happened in Wrath when the system functioned identically to what the OP described except the debuff was 30min.

You get accepted to a +8 key and enter the dungeon. The key holder/perty leader puts the key in and starts it. The timer to start runs down and as soon as the dungeon starts they tell you to pay them 25,000gold or they will sit there for how ever long it takes you to DC or just leave and take your 12 hour debuff.

If you happen to be an honest key holder then it goes like this....The group wipes at some point and the tank or who ever wants to leave but they won't drop group because they don't want the debuff. So they stand there and block the progress untill you kick them. Forcing the rest of the group to either wait or hate the leader for not kicking the ransomer and forcing the situation on the rest of them.

Or lets not forget about DDOS attacks and how the opening week of a M+ season with this debuff and a couple just super short DDOS attacks to DC every one....lol you could brick the entire MDI week up.

It's pure toxic crap just like every thing Rastlin posts.
Im kinda in favor for the 12h lock out. Mythic + Keys being ruined over someone leaving is a bit rough. I could see if the group was wiping on the first boss over 30 times in the first few minutes of mythic +. Then yeah I leave. But not for a DC. And definitly not for leaving the dungeon. Some people leave the dungeon to respec and come back in to try to do this a different way seeing you cant do it while a mythic + is activated. Sometimes this is SUPER helpful clearing the bosses.

I think delibertaly leaving for no good cause should either be a 12H lockout or a bannable offense.
I 100% agree. There is so many garbage backpeddling leavers who were carried to 600-900 io scores floating around lfg atm it's a waste of time to even touch lfg only do keys with your guild.

This is a really good suggestion and having a counter would be very useful information to the person forming the group.
Permaban all leavers, fine them, and stick them in irl stockades. How dare someone LEAVE a pug group?
what if the group is so bad but your real life cant dedicate to helping ppl thru a key 2 higher then they should be doing? seen lots of keys stretch into 1.5 hour range..for 7s.