Make 12 hr. Deserter for M+ Leavers.

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 13 Next
09/23/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Deathevil
09/23/2018 07:30 AMPosted by Rastlin
I love blockades. It has agility and stamina. Keep in mind, I use enhancement for world solo content, like World Quests. As such, guess who is tanking. Me.

His reason for wearing Blockades as a shaman. Now stop derailing the topic.

09/23/2018 12:15 PMPosted by Lorsaire
Stick around long enough and you'll see the pattern.
I know absolutely nothing about m+ or even what a key is but it sounds like people put effort into leveling a key and then some random person can destroy it for them. That doesn't seem like it is working as intended but rather is a flaw in the design. Rather than punishing someone, the system should be fixed so a key can't be destroyed except by the actions of the key owner. I am guessing people would exploit that somehow though.
09/23/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Gnassty
the system should be fixed so a key can't be destroyed so easily.

it already was. the key is merely downgraded 1 level now. It used to be depleted and you had to rerun it - with no chance at loot - before you could get another key.

the system we have now is fine. people need to build their groups more carefully, or run with friends.
I do enjoy joining groups as a healer and bouncing right after they start a key.

It’s my entertainment since this expansion is lacking in fun.
This would not include:

1) Players kicked by the group leader.

So just go AFK until kicked. Okay then. See, every system has flaws. Frankly, if a group is going REALLY poorly(had a group in a +8 Freehold the other day that couldn't do the 1st trash pack) then NOBODY should be forced to stay in a bad run.

Not to mention, if you have kids/pets etc sometimes real life happens.

If you want people who wont bail a M+, do them only with friends and/or guildies. But if you pug randoms, then deal with what randoms might do.
09/23/2018 11:33 AMPosted by Deathevil
Half of the post is about him wearing Blockades.. what does this have to do with the topic at hand? He gave his reasoning for wearing it so stop talking about it already. Talk about derailing the post.

Thank You.

You are correct it is a side issue and I am also to blame for responding to the obvious trolling. Raiderio shows I was using axes and a fist weapon-for healing. (As well as dps trinkets.) It should be logical to people that indeed this is in error.

I will try to avoid responding to these bullies.

Thanks again.
09/23/2018 12:29 PMPosted by Xiata
This would not include:

1) Players kicked by the group leader.

So just go AFK until kicked. Okay then. See, every system has flaws. Frankly, if a group is going REALLY poorly(had a group in a +8 Freehold the other day that couldn't do the 1st trash pack) then NOBODY should be forced to stay in a bad run.

If you want people who wont bail a M+, do them only with friends and/or guildies. But if you pug randoms, then deal with what randoms might do.

My plan includes giving the 12 hour deserter to people who afk out.
Well I just ran a Mythic +8 and got kicked after the last boss. Dungeon was on 98-100 reinforcements so after all the time I put in helping this guild group do the dungeon I got to sit there and watch as they killed 1 more mob to spawn the chest which I now couldn't access.

I 100% support user friendly adjustments to the Mythic + system.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

My plan includes giving the 12 hour deserter to people who afk out.

How does your plan solve someone from just pulling extra trash and wiping the group over and over again?

What about if I’m just auto-attacking? I’m not afk but I’m not really participating either.

So many ways to either avoid this penalty or unfairly push it onto another player.

Terrible idea.
It is very unfortunate when it happens, sure. There would however be more unintended consequences for this.

Group member's internet goes out? Sucks, enjoy your 12 hour m+ ban

Can't complete a boss due to the group's incompetence? Enjoy not getting gear for 12 hours

Just find better players, that's what raiderio is for
I'm not a mythic plus leaver, I stay till everyone else starts to leave. That being said, I disagree with this. Leagues of Legend has a system like this for DCd players, and while effective against toxic players who left, it also unfairly punished people who had their internet down for a time unexpectedly for a prolonged amount of time. There has to be a "fair" punishment that doesn't lock you out of content because you still pay $15 a month to play and having a 12 hour lockout because internet issues or RL comes up isn't fair to anyone.
Posting in a rastlin thread....
Your time is no more important than anyone else's. If it's a bad group, people shouldnt be penalized for not wasting their time.

If you have problems with pugs, either run with guildies or vet your applicants better. You can always use raider.io to ensure a smooth run as well.
09/23/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Mooñeca
Your time is no more important than anyone else's. If it's a bad group, people shouldnt be penalized for not wasting their time.

If you have problems with pugs, either run with guildies or vet your applicants better. You can always use raider.io to ensure a smooth run as well.

That’s really what this boils down to ...

Everyone. EVERYONE seems to think:

MY time > YOUR time.

So therefore it’s totally acceptable for me to waste two hours of your time in a dungeon but if you dare waste a SECOND of my time then you should be perma banned from WoW.
M+ is a social activity not managed through blizzard's queue system.

The group gets to do whatever it likes, and only have obligations to the rest of the group. They didn't sign up for the content in exchange for a group a la LFD.
09/23/2018 07:02 AMPosted by Rastlin
If your internet is slow, weak, spotty, etc. you have no business joining mythic plus key groups.

You're running Blockades. You have no business joining M+ groups. You see other players as npcs. May all your keys deplete.
09/23/2018 01:03 PMPosted by Oleandra
09/23/2018 07:02 AMPosted by Rastlin
If your internet is slow, weak, spotty, etc. you have no business joining mythic plus key groups.

You're running Blockades. You have no business joining M+ groups. You see other players as npcs. May all your keys deplete.

My trinkets are private.

As I said before, my dps spec is for world content. My resto set which I am currently wearing is for dungeons and raids.
So you want to hold other players hostage in your !@#$ty M+ groups?
09/23/2018 01:15 PMPosted by Rastlin
09/23/2018 01:03 PMPosted by Oleandra

My trinkets are private.

As I said before, my dps spec is for world content. My resto set which I am currently wearing is for dungeons and raids.

You do realize that specializations using wrong spec trinkets get little to no activation right?

More like you honestly do not understand how this game works at all.