Make 12 hr. Deserter for M+ Leavers.

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 13 Next
09/23/2018 01:20 PMPosted by Kulzuk
You do realize that specializations using wrong spec trinkets get little to no activation right?

It's the little activation that makes it great.
09/23/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Deathevil
09/23/2018 07:30 AMPosted by Rastlin
I love blockades. It has agility and stamina. Keep in mind, I use enhancement for world solo content, like World Quests. As such, guess who is tanking. Me.

His reason for wearing Blockades as a shaman. Now stop derailing the topic.

Please don't defend this. Defense of problems is precisely how BFA's design got to where it is.

No matter what this clown says about "private" trinkets or his gear sets, the ONLY reason he bought Blockades is because it crutches the trinket item level slot and increases the odds of getting into a group based purely on the surface level filters. If you look at his gear roughly 1/3rd of it is AH bought items purely for ilvl weight with some of them even being warforged. All told if it was picked up early in the expansion it would have cost an absolute fortune. If I were into betting, I'd wager that he bought all of his armor slot pieces in the first three days of the expansion before going horribly broke then realized that the darkmoon trinkets were hot items shortly thereafter as professions gradually caught up. But, being too poor to actually afford fathoms, he settled on a Blockades deck since ilvl is the only thing people see at a glance.
09/23/2018 02:19 PMPosted by Maberu
09/23/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Deathevil
His reason for wearing Blockades as a shaman. Now stop derailing the topic.

Please don't defend this. Defense of problems is precisely how BFA's design got to where it is.

No matter what this clown says about "private" trinkets or his gear sets, the ONLY reason he bought Blockades is because it crutches the trinket item level slot and increases the odds of getting into a group based purely on the surface level filters. If you look at his gear roughly 1/3rd of it is AH bought items purely for ilvl weight with some of them even being warforged. All told if it was picked up early in the expansion it would have cost an absolute fortune. If I were into betting, I'd wager that he bought all of his armor slot pieces in the first three days of the expansion before going horribly broke then realized that the darkmoon trinkets were hot items shortly thereafter as professions gradually caught up. But, being too poor to actually afford fathoms, he settled on a Blockades deck since ilvl is the only thing people see at a glance.

I have never, ever, joined a group as an enhancement shaman.

(I did raid Molten Core in Vanilla as enhancement, switched to resto in BWL and never looked back.)

So your statement

the ONLY reason he bought Blockades is because it crutches the trinket item level slot and increases the odds of getting into a group based purely on the surface level filters.

is ridiculous.

And in any event, this idea is not about me.
It is about discouraging folks from leaving mythic plus groups and sticking the leader with a downgraded key.
It wouldn't be Sunday without a Rastlin post
Why have it timed? Just keep increasing the difficulty... eventually repair bills will be to high to continue. This would also assist in removing gold from the economy.
09/23/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Deathevil
09/23/2018 01:20 PMPosted by Kulzuk
You do realize that specializations using wrong spec trinkets get little to no activation right?

For the record and to end this wrong trinket nonsense. I use the following resto trinkets:

Darkmoon deck: Tides (355)
Doom's Hatred. (375)

But regardless of my trinkets, they are not relevant to my proposal which, as it is well thought out, will rein in abusive quits in mythic plus dungeons.
09/23/2018 05:45 AMPosted by Rastlin
There is one huge flaw to the mythic plus system.

And no, I am not talking about overtuning although indeed that is a thing.

I am talking about people who quit your group and destroy your key. Since Blizzard has decided that you cannot replace these players it is the death of your key if someone leaves.

And it happens. A lot.

In order to mitigate this problem I propose the following solution:

Any Player that leaves a mythic plus group for any reason gets a 12 hour deserter debuff.

Yes, Twelve full hours.

This would include people who:

1) Left the group/dungeon for any reason.
2) "Disconnected" whether intentional or not.
3) Go AFK while in the group. (No sitting at the door going afk until group disbands.)

This would not include:

1) Players kicked by the group leader.
2) Group disband by the group leader.
3) Server shutdowns.
4) Any groups other than mythic plus dungeons.

It is time to put a real penalty in for these deserters. And while, on occasion, someone may have a "legitimate" reason for quitting a group or there may be a power failure, disconnect, etc. outside of the control of the group member they still are destroying the key and still should pay the price.

While this would not eliminate leavers, it sure would help.

Please implement this game improvement in the near future, perhaps as part of 8.1, to get the word out to the player base.

Best Regards,
Rastlin

edit clarification: I am not proposing that leavers from mythic plus would be replaced. They would not-same as now. This proposal strictly punishes those who do leave destroying the group.

So you can stall the key and demand 500k from me to kick me or if i leave im screwed for 12 hours.

sounds like a solid plan...or a hostage situation.

09/23/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Deathevil

For the record and to end this wrong trinket nonsense. I use the following resto trinkets:

Darkmoon deck: Tides (355)
Doom's Hatred. (375)

But regardless of my trinkets, they are not relevant to my proposal which, as it is well thought out, will rein in abusive quits in mythic plus dungeons.

Ya, if you want to start a racketeering mob.
If i ever see a shaman using blockades in my key/pre key thats an instant kick lmfao
09/23/2018 03:17 PMPosted by Rastlin
as it is well thought out

It's not ... like 20 people have thrown out situations that your stupid idea can't handle and would result in the punishment being easily deflected or applied to the wrong person.

At this point I actually hope they do it just so I can group with you and get you banned for 12 hours as a direct result of your "well thought out idea".
09/23/2018 03:27 PMPosted by Damordn
09/23/2018 03:17 PMPosted by Rastlin
as it is well thought out

It's not ... like 20 people have thrown out situations that your stupid idea can't handle and would result in the punishment being easily deflected or applied to the wrong person.

At this point I actually hope they do it just so I can group with you and get you banned for 12 hours as a direct result of your "well thought out idea".

Many of those situations were actually addressed by my rules.

Yes, there may still be some ways disruptive players could cause trouble. But my rules are a huge improvement in the game.
09/23/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Razaghal
make it 1 year Danm pussies ruining my keys, just because we wiped 1 time on a trash pull.

I understand the frustration.

Leaving after one pull on trash is unacceptable.
I always stick with a group as long as I can. Longer than I should most of the time. But if the group proves to be !@#$, I'm out.
Why not a replacement system.. If a player leaves for any reason, the run freezes. Timer stops, no communication between players (No way to stop external comms), no food, heals, rezzes. no one can do anything except the leader, who can then look for a replacement.
When the replacement arrives, he has 60 seconds to eat, flask, and get familiar with where he is. Leader can do ready check, and unlock the run.

Also, if the departure was initiated by any of the other group members, the leader has to accept a random replacement with the specified item level from the group finder. This eliminates bringing in players better suited for each section / boss.
09/23/2018 04:11 PMPosted by Rastlin
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Many of those situations were actually addressed by my rules.

Yes, there may still be some ways disruptive players could cause trouble. But my rules are a huge improvement in the game.

I'm not going to leave your M+, I'm not going to DC or go AFK. I'm just going to sit here while doing nothing until you kick me. Get it?

Or I'm going to invite you to my key and I'm going to demand payment or force you to leave, AFK out or DC which would result in you not getting a single thing done today.

Your "well thought out idea" is exactly what was happening in Wrath when the deserter debuff was first implemented.
09/23/2018 04:48 PMPosted by Squarepuller
A hunter left my Waycrest +7 run, got salty cause he was doing sisters fight wrong and didn't like learning things. We ended up finishing the run 4 manning it but it made me wish there was a 120 hour debuff on him. NOT 12 hours... ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY HOUR debuff. No M+ dungeons for a FULL 120 hours. Thats how angry I was.

Which is why the victims of bread thieves don't get to pick the punishment. Because they would choose execution while they're angry.
09/23/2018 07:02 AMPosted by Rastlin
If your internet is slow, weak, spotty, etc. you have no business joining mythic plus key groups.

At this point I'm fairly certain the primary issue is you.