Ghuun is overtuned

General Discussion
09/17/2018 09:46 AMPosted by ßabak
Simple as that.

Normal Ghuun is harder than half the bosses on Heroic.

Nerf him or make it so that the same person can run all the orbs because at this point, it's nearly impossible to get 6 individuals to coordinate the orbs in a pug.

Maybe a pug shouldn't be raiding.
Simple as that.

Nerf him or make it so that the same person can run all the orbs because at this point, it's nearly impossible to get 6 individuals to coordinate the orbs in a pug.

If I can kill it in a pug so can you.
It is a easy fight, lol all came down to orbs and dodging the spore balls. Got it on the first try.
09/17/2018 09:49 AMPosted by Bruvnondus
Join a guild, it's more fun.

in ideal situations, sure.

plenty of good guilds out there, problem is, they have people you don't enjoy playing with.

Normal is designed for guilds, not pugs. Eventually you'll over gear it and it will be okay.

Orbs can be complicated.
But the boss itself is stupid simple on normal.

P2 is pretty much just stack and dps.
Got my AOTC in a pug.
09/17/2018 09:52 AMPosted by Fepe
I’m not sure how they would “tune” the encounter down...the orb mechanic is part of the fight and is gonna require coordination regardless of “tuning”.

Maybe extend the duration of the orb debuff by 8-10 secs instead of 5 :)
Simple as that.

Normal ghuun is literally tank and spank. You don’t even have to spread for waves or deal with magilicant growth.
My guild killed him on our fourth attempt. Maybe pugs are the problem and not the boss.
I'm sure the raid would be easier within a guild but that doesn't mean it is overtuned for pugs.

I completed 8/8N in pugs and found the difficulty fair and balanced.

Don't underestimate pugs. Sure some will fail and dissolve but my experiences have been mostly positive.

Also the in-game voice chat or discord has helped communication within pugs which greatly increases odds of success.

Please stop bashing pugs and try working with others.
Well your first problem is you are having pugs. Secondly he is tunes fine. End bosses are meant to have some difficulty, the only one who isn’t included in that was Xavius..Anyway, running orbs is fine. Have warlock portals on both sides. Have mages, monks, warriors or DH’s do them. Only need 3 teams of 2 people. Just because YOU can’t get it done in a pug or anyone else is not grounds for it to be nerdez. This community wants everything handed to them and to be steamrolled, so sad.
This smells like bait. You can't be serious.
It’s almost like the last boss of a raid should feel difficult and challenging.

You may be onto something.
It's actually an easy fight if you know it and do it right
09/17/2018 09:49 AMPosted by Haven
It's not harder, it just actually requires people to communicate. The problems is more of the people you are grouping with not the encounter.

That's great when they come back to you in Portuguese.

And now I feel bad because I had a great dungeon run the other day and the tank was begging me to trade a sword I got (frost DK) It was a little upgrade for me but a big upgrade for him and so I tried to give it to him but the game would not let me and I couldn't tell him nor apologize for Blizzard. Heck, If I knew what he was saying I would have made him a sword on the spot (one of his was lvl 200 something and I could at least make him a lvl 300)
09/17/2018 10:34 AMPosted by Profíen
Well your first problem is you are having pugs. Secondly he is tunes fine. End bosses are meant to have some difficulty, the only one who isn’t included in that was Xavius..Anyway, running orbs is fine. Have warlock portals on both sides. Have mages, monks, warriors or DH’s do them. Only need 3 teams of 2 people. Just because YOU can’t get it done in a pug or anyone else is not grounds for it to be nerdez. This community wants everything handed to them and to be steamrolled, so sad.

Bah. Save that crap for guild runs and not pugs. Pugs should be more like Patchwerk not some dumb puzzle game.
... in a pug.

found your problem.
I have pugged him with no problems. You need to use Voice chat however.
How do you guys find 6 competent people who can run orbs?
Seems impossible