The BFA Tamers...

Pet Battles
...are freaking terrible!
Someone needs to give them some tips

You've got Kusa from [Desert Survivors], who uses Sandstorm -> Stampede and plays himself out of 3 turns, repeatedly.

Jammer the direhorn, who times himself out of moves and just stands there while you solo him with a mechanical.
Crawg in the Bog and the Chitara much the same.

Some of the tamers defeat themselves- the Gnome with the mechanicals that blow up, and the bee guy. Just survive a few turns and its game.

The only hard-ish one is [Captured Evil]'s Leana Darkwind, who I did have to set up some sort of team to beat.

It feels like some of the battles are actually bugged, others have very poorly thought-out move combinations, and other still make unintelligent moves worthy of wild pets.
That last one for example, I was fighting [Strange Looking Dogs] (The three undead wicker hounds) with a critter, the opponent had [Feed]- a beast move, and never used it.

Did Blizz run out of development time and leave some of this unfinished?

Everyone else finished the achievement? [Battle on Zandalar and Kul Tiras]
How did you find it?
I've been able to entice a few friends and family into doing BfA pet battles because they're easy and fun. There's nothing wrong with having a light-hearted approach to them this expansion.
09/18/2018 03:58 AMPosted by Creeks
and the bee guy.

I suspect "the bee guy" (Michael Skarn) is a token tamer created for the same reason Rocko was created in Legion: you have a pet tamer that can be defeated by Elekk Plushie.

Just spam Cute as a Button. A couple of successful dodges and all three bees will go down before your Elekk Plushie.
I came here to see if people were talking about this.

I agree it's pretty sad, we're a long time removed from the Celestial Tournament in MoP.
how about most teams can be beat with 3 moths..... thats it 3 moths.

so boring
I guess its worth noting that the world pet tamers from successive expansions shouldn't necessarily get harder and harder.

It's more that the BfA battles are buggy.

I did Sissix last night (the snake-man tamer in the temple in Vol'dun), his crab uses Soothing Mists over and over and over, instead of using his attack.
It must be a bug.
There are a lot of instances of this with the tamers.
Lots of crabs in pet battles use that heal over and over instead of attacking. Definitely not restricted to just BFA.
It's a response to the argus thing from when Mac'aree had very few world quests and people threw ungodly baby tantrums over a pet battle taking up a world quest spot.
09/22/2018 08:00 PMPosted by Rdord
Lots of crabs in pet battles use that heal over and over instead of attacking. Definitely not restricted to just BFA.

I have yet to see his crab use any move aside from healing after its taken damage
It seems that the only thing that the BFA pet tamers have going for them is that pretty much every one of their pets is faster than yours. I can't even begin to recall how many fights I had flyers facing non-flyers, and the tamer's pets (all three of them) were faster than mine. That's their whole strategy, just be fast.
... I don't mind them being easy. I've been advancing a lot of my level 10- pets through these quests. I'm having fun. They pretty much are the reason I bother doing WQ's, to be honest.
I suspect they'll be made more difficult as time goes on. That's what happened in Legion.
09/18/2018 03:58 AMPosted by Creeks
You've got Kusa from [Desert Survivors], who uses Sandstorm -> Stampede and plays himself out of 3 turns, repeatedly.

Terrible. Awful. An outrage.

Why, the Devs should be ashamed of themselves! I demand the resignation of all responsible parties for this ill-conceived pet battle!

Or you could learn to recognize when you have a good thing. Desert Survivors is a pet battle that allows you to level a carry pet.

Start with a Snake, anything faster than 285, and the higher the Power stat, the better. Since you will go first, open with Burrow. You will avoid the Sandstorm, and unless the RNG gods are frowning upon you, you will also smack Beets with a decent hit.

Swap in your level one carry pet, and watch as Beets' Swarm attack does absolutely nothing to it. Swap it back out again. And use the Snake's bite attack, then Burrow, off CD, since that's when Beets will strike with Sandstorm. The RNG makes this tricky, but since Beets negates most of his own damage, you shouldn't have any problem killing Beets. Just a matter of how long it takes, due to the 10% hit reduction of Sandstorm.

When Rawly comes in, use Bite, then Hiss when he comes out of his Burrow attack. This will negate the speed advantage he'd get from Power Ball. He'll die soon enough. Rawly, he will.

And just have a heavy hitter to bat clean-up, like Darkmoon Tonk or Iron Starlette.

Your level one pet, with your Safari Hat, is now a level nine pet.
Yeah sure its certainly exploitable for levelling pets.

I went up against Ellie Vern in Stormsong Valley yesterday. She has this undead pet called Dead Deckhand Leonard.

It feels like he should use Siphon Life, then Sweep, then Siphon Life again to maximise its effect. But he uses Sweep at really erratic moments, not off cooldown, and not at a good time.
I feel like the programming for the pet moves is broken or unfinished.
btw I strongly recommend getting an Alarm-o-bot for several of the fights

Alert! and Decoy are amazing
I miss needing to formulate at least some sort of strategy... I have not changed my 3 main pets for so long. Every single tamer is cake and requires no strategy at all. Pretty lame.
10/05/2018 08:17 PMPosted by Khru
I miss needing to formulate at least some sort of strategy... I have not changed my 3 main pets for so long. Every single tamer is cake and requires no strategy at all. Pretty lame.

Even if Blizzard made the battles really difficult, you'd have teams that could reliably handle each battle in no time.
What would be interesting is if each month we had new tamers or battles.
What would you do if you were a pet-battle dev to make it more challenging?
10/05/2018 09:47 PMPosted by Cavelily

Are we absolutely sure there isn't one?
10/06/2018 05:17 AMPosted by Loncis
10/05/2018 09:47 PMPosted by Cavelily

Are we absolutely sure there isn't one?

I don't understand your question. I'd be surprised if there were no pet-battle devs. This content isn't creating itself, and is probably quite time consuming to produce.
10/05/2018 08:17 PMPosted by Khru

And I'm calling BS.