Fix the weekly PVP Item

Arenas
1 2 3 7 Next
The stupid item is bugged at 355 ilvl no matter what rating you are. It was like this last week and the only answer we get is "its just a tooltip bug hurr durr". No, it's not, I got an actual 355 piece last week which went straight to the vendor. Same thing this week again, despite STILL being in gladiator ranking.
Yeah that triggered me too, I got 1600+ in rbg sunday too get 370 ilvl reward.

The chest got me my superb 370 helm but my weekly conquest is still 355 gloves ?
Weekly PvP item I thought was supposed to just be a normal equivalent piece of gear and you have to get upgrades through the RNG system. The idea was that it defeats the bad luck of never getting a specific slot. Additionally there are tokens which can boost ilvl on PvP gear meaning that unless it has unusable stats, all PvP pieces are viable pieces.
To clarify, the weekly conquest item (from the conquest cap quest, not the chest) gives a set item level. This does not increase based upon your rating. However, it could be boosted to an item level corresponding to your current rank with a Battleborn Sigil.
09/18/2018 11:07 AMPosted by Ythisens
To clarify, the weekly conquest item (from the conquest cap quest, not the chest) gives a set item level. This does not increase based upon your rating. However, it could be boosted to an item level corresponding to your current rank with a Battleborn Sigil.
Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool... so we're guaranteed one piece of gear per week that's fully RNG...

Can we get a decent FAQ in the forums with this kind of information? Or are we asking too much?

09/05/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Ythisens
Now that BFA Season 1 is underway, we’ve seen a number of questions about the item levels of various rewards and reward tiers. Here’s an outline of the current item levels you’ll see when you receive rewards from ranked PvP:

• Tier, Rating, End of Match iLvl, Weekly cache iLvl, Weekly Azerite item iLvl
  • Unranked, 0 – 1399, item level 340, item level 355, item level 355
  • Combatant, 1400 – 1599, item level 350, item level 365, item level 355
  • Challenger, 1600 – 1799, item level 360, item level 370, item level 370
  • Rival, 1800 – 2099, item level 365, item level 375, item level 370
  • Duelist, 2100 – 2399, item level 370, item level 380, item level 385
  • Gladiator, 2400+, item level 375, item level 385, item level 385

Some reminders:
End of match rewards are occasional.
For your weekly Azerite item Conquest turn-in, see Marshal Gabriel in the Salt and Shanty Inn near the Ashvane Docks in Boralus or Xander Silberman at Mugambala in Zandalar.
You’ll loot your weekly cache reward from a chest in that area.
The weekly cache items can Warforge/Titanforge.

Now go strike down your enemies!

What is the weekly item then?? I'm under the impression you get both the chest, and the 500 conquest item which is the weekly item. Both of which, IN YOUR OWN BLIZZARD POST, is suppose to scale with rating.

Note also: the "weekly azerite item conquest turn-in" actually isn't even an azerite item this week, I have gloves instead. There is clearly a major disconnect here.
Just found out that if you cap but forget to turn in the quest for the weekly item (which many of us didn't need) you don't get to open your pvp chest next week despite capping. Great system, chest claims it only requires conquest cap and doesn't say anything about the quest

So this item is basically useless at all times once you get passed a certain rating because the RNG drops (which you cannot target) will be better than the conquest reward (which you can choose from a certain type)

That does not really make a whole lot of sense to me. I feel like the one item you have even a little control over should increase in ilvl.

Is this to prevent pvers from becoming fully geared at a much faster rate? I do not understand the point to keep that thing’s ilvl lower. Are you guys planning on adding 5 ilvls to the reward every few weeks?

Seems like a really mediocre systems. I actually like the “complete your cap and pick between 1 of 3 items” system
09/18/2018 11:12 AMPosted by Fox
Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool... so we're guaranteed one piece of gear per week that's fully RNG...

It's for your own good. Without this system, you'd probably buy a suboptimal ring. Blizzard is simply facilitating the process of picking the wrong piece of gear for you.
yea whats the weekly item then, we got conquest cap item which you said is set ilvl of 355 lol, then we got the chest which scales based off ilvl i got 380 ring this week which was trash and became salv mats, also got 370 ring from my chest for mythic 10 also, then you get end of match rng loots, i never seen this once a week reward besides the chest and the conq cap. also why does it say weekly azerite piece when you never get a single azerite piece from the chest or from conquest or the pve chest either, you just need to be lucky enough to land an azerite piece from chest an it even maxes out 385, since azerite pieces are not currently farmable, once again i go a full week with no traits i can use on the pieces of gear i cant farm. when is this azerite rng crap gonna be fixed. why does it not give you 1 azerite piece and then a random loot item. azerite gear is ment to be the foundation of your expansion yet all its done is become unfarmable battle of rng with a once a week chest.
The weekly item seems to be rng protection. As well as a catch up mechanic.

If I understand correctly if someone hit 120 today and started queuing today they would be able to get all 3 quest rewards.
What item is the weekly cache supposed to actually be? The chart above says 355 for rank 0-1399. But the item I received last week was 340, and all the gear I get from doing arenas is 335. It seems like the chart is completely off by 5-10 ilvls.

can you please comment on if the enchant is supposed to not be account-wide? (2.1 enchant)

We used to get multiple items per week though? One per week per category of PvP you did did you not?

It was the only reason I pushed twos hard last expansion. I hate 2s but I got the rating to ensure we got better gear.

Now we have to rely even more heavily on RNG (just hoping something drops during ques?). And then even if we don't need the 355 peice as it's a crap item (also we can't chose it so we might need replacements but you chose when we get it?) we still have to cap to open the chest. Just a straight up bad system....

Take away this stupid rng crap in PvP. The only place this should exist is pve. Let us collect points to spend on what we CHOOSE. Set a max ilvl so that gear at the end of season is all 100% even and skill>gear (templates were a faux equality. It was not even and again took away our CHOICE).

This crap loot boxes system rakes in money in things like overwatch. That does not mean it is a good system. It's simply a greedy system that takes advantage of the same thing gambling does. Addicition does not equal fun which is what you guys claim to be about.

Skill>gear
Choice>RNG
09/18/2018 11:15 AMPosted by Sadistz

Now that BFA Season 1 is underway, we’ve seen a number of questions about the item levels of various rewards and reward tiers. Here’s an outline of the current item levels you’ll see when you receive rewards from ranked PvP:

Some reminders:
For your weekly Azerite item Conquest turn-in, see Marshal Gabriel in the Salt and Shanty Inn near the Ashvane Docks in Boralus or Xander Silberman at Mugambala in Zandalar.

What is the weekly item then?? I'm under the impression you get both the chest, and the 500 conquest item which is the weekly item. Both of which, IN YOUR OWN BLIZZARD POST, is suppose to scale with rating.

Note also: the "weekly azerite item conquest turn-in" actually isn't even an azerite item this week, I have gloves instead. There is clearly a major disconnect here.

Looks like the stuff you mentioned is something blizz is backpedaling on that’s the only thing I can think of unless
They forgot what they said

Either this post is wrong, or the post you made on 09/05/2018 at 04:06 PM is wrong. The post you made on 09/05/2018 at 04:06 PM states this:

Posted by Ythisens

Tier, Rating, End of Match iLvl, Weekly cache iLvl, Weekly Azerite item iLvl
Unranked, 0 – 1399, item level 340, item level 355, item level 355
Combatant, 1400 – 1599, item level 350, item level 365, item level 355
Challenger, 1600 – 1799, item level 360, item level 370, item level 370
Rival, 1800 – 2099, item level 365, item level 375, item level 370
Duelist, 2100 – 2399, item level 370, item level 380, item level 385
Gladiator, 2400+, item level 375, item level 385, item level 385

Some reminders:

Please tell us which one is correct. This is a big deal. It has been too long that PVP rewards were not explained (correctly). I understand mistakes happen and I am very grateful that you are taking the time to communicate :) We just need clarifications. Because as of your previous post we should be getting a weekly azerite item that scales (which this week is not an azerite item its gloves that don't scale). That's a pretty big discrepancy.

Again thanks for communicating with us :)
I was 1600+ this week, got 370 gloves.
09/18/2018 11:15 AMPosted by Sadistz

Some reminders:

Kinda this. Maybe pass along to the dev team 355 set is terribe for a weeks reward. Why isnt it scaling too like how it was mentioned? Not to mention gloves isnt an azerite item.

If the rest of the conquest rewards are gonna be stuck at 355? I might as well forgo caring about conquest cap all together. I mean sure itll get filled if i go to climb for a higher pvp end-of-week chest but all im getting there is just wasted gear ill have to vendor or shread. Maybe your reward system for weekly things should prioritize an guaranteed upgrade on your lowest piece of gear?

Just this current system after a week playing on this toon is now pretty moot. Conquest cap this week does nothing for me and if the rest stick to 355 they wont be seeing any use either. If its just a catch up system you're trying to impliment than highlight it as just that
Yikes : /

Hopefully this gets addressed before the Beta ends... Just imagine if this type of stuff went wrong with BFA launch.