Make Enhancement Melee

Shaman
Am I the only one who thinks Enhancement is the melee class that melees only 40% of the time? Between ward throwing, shocks, and weapons enchants it feels (to me) like you're dancing around the guy, and not really punching.

I play Elemental even though I would like to play Enhancement. It's just so clunky and disjointed that I can't bring myself to do it. Also, I strongly believe we need to rename that spec. What are we enhancing anymore?
09/18/2018 11:43 AMPosted by Thundahstahm
What are we enhancing anymore?

Our weapons with the elements. Sometimes.

I personally like that Enhancement can hit from short-medium range with most of their abilities - not range distance, but further than other melee. The melding of spells and brute-force physicality is what got me interested in the class way back in Vanilla.
Am I the only one who thinks Enhancement is the melee class that melees only 40% of the time? Between ward throwing, shocks, and weapons enchants it feels (to me) like you're dancing around the guy, and not really punching.

[/quote]

We don't ward anything...we don't have shocks...
In fact the only time we're NOT meleeing is when we use Lightning Bolt or using the 20yd range on Rockbiter/Flametongue. No idea what you're talking about.

If anything, having a few range abilities is a great tool to have when getting into melee range become a headache in some situations. Having that option is great.

I play Elemental even though I would like to play Enhancement. It's just so clunky and disjointed that I can't bring myself to do it. Also, I strongly believe we need to rename that spec. What are we enhancing anymore?

We've never been a pure melee class, if you want that go play a Fury Warrior. We've always been more of a battlemage that mixes in spells with melee, with Legion being the closest to a pure melee class as our shock-replacements were cut down to 10yard range from 20 (and have since been brought back up to 20 in BfA).

We're the closest this game gets to a battlemage and I have zero desire for them to make us solely melee. If one wants that they should pick one of the other melee classes...or survival hunters.
I always liked shaman for the melee spellcaster, the combat mage, just increasing the rest of the raids damage period because I showed up. Since realizing rockbiter, flame tongue, and whatever the frost one is called are essentially shocks with 20 yd ranges, I have been enjoying the class much more.

Plus I am really, really loving the lightning surging over my body. If that is simply the animation for my war mode talents, then I definitely want to buy a glpyh that does the same thing outside of war mode.
09/18/2018 01:20 PMPosted by Haspian
I always liked shaman for the melee spellcaster, the combat mage, just increasing the rest of the raids damage period because I showed up. Since realizing rockbiter, flame tongue, and whatever the frost one is called are essentially shocks with 20 yd ranges, I have been enjoying the class much more.

Plus I am really, really loving the lightning surging over my body. If that is simply the animation for my war mode talents, then I definitely want to buy a glpyh that does the same thing outside of war mode.

Lightning surging over your body is when you hit the stack count from Lightning Shield and get the 10sec buff. It also changes how your GW looks to a dark gray wolf with surging lightning regardless of if you have a GW glyph or not.
Yes, you might be the only one who doesn't like this. Enhancement was designed to be a melee caster from the start, and that's interesting. You're gimping your damage if you're not in melee range anyway.
How are you using shocks as enhancement?
09/18/2018 01:50 PMPosted by Tangellos

Let's be real here, our weapon enchants are really just shocks rebranded and with delinked CDs. They now have 20yard range like shocks did, Foametongue puts up a DOT, Frostbrand snares, and Rockbiter hits the hardest. My main complaints are that the DoT and snare should have longer durations and Hailstorm should be baseline.
I wish we still had shocks instead of boring flametongue weapon in the rotation.

That was what I really liked about enh from BC to WoD. Basically an elemental shaman that throws lightning bolts and shocks straight in your face instead of far away as well as hitting you with stormstrike + lava lash.
There has never been a time where enhancement did not have flametongue weapon at their disposal. Either in the form of a buff or a rotational ability. Honestly i want hailstorm to make a comeback, it would make the Azerite trait that’s just a pile of secondary stats solid.
09/19/2018 08:22 AMPosted by Darigaaz
09/18/2018 01:50 PMPosted by Tangellos

Let's be real here, our weapon enchants are really just shocks rebranded and with delinked CDs. They now have 20yard range like shocks did, Foametongue puts up a DOT, Frostbrand snares, and Rockbiter hits the hardest. My main complaints are that the DoT and snare should have longer durations and Hailstorm should be baseline.

Except shocks hit really hard, and the above don't. Remember when an Shock hit for 1/6th of the enemy's HP?
09/19/2018 08:35 AMPosted by Tangellos
There has never been a time where enhancement did not have flametongue weapon at their disposal. Either in the form of a buff or a rotational ability. Honestly i want hailstorm to make a comeback, it would make the Azerite trait that’s just a pile of secondary stats solid.

Flametongue was never really a "OMG LOVE IT" thing. In vanilla you'd be crazy to not use WF, in BC everyone would of went WF/WF if they could of. We couldn't because of the unspecified 3s CD. As time went blizzard just went with it. Still, it's always been a passive. We finally didn't have to recast them every hours in WoD and then boom, redesign, cast it on every CD now! I was honestly expecting enhancement to be one of the specs to have a name change in legion (I think they said there would be more than just combat -> outlaw) and a redesign that stuck a bit closer to the BC - WoD formula.

I'd rather have hailstrom than flametongue, just for the flavour of having a frost attack in the rotation. I'd rather have a cool looking frost attack to replace flametongue tho.
White damage is my 2nd biggest dps source. Not sure what you're talking about.
It's not a pure melee class and that's by design. I like playing as a mid-ranged melee class. On mechanics that require moving away from the boss, you still have several different spells to throw at it while others might only have one available to them.
You realize that being midrange is a significant benefit right?
I like Enhance. I was going to say play Warrior for melee but you don't seem to care for Enhance, so we have different tastes
09/18/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Romulisp
The melding of spells and brute-force physicality is what got me interested in the class way back in Vanilla.
Aye, I really want to play melee shock. Should've played when there was Earth Shock Enhance. But the Warrior was calling

I like the old orc Shock cast animation, the one that is still used for picking up healthstones from the Warlock, and the green Earth Shock graphic itself. The current orc needs to move faster, he needs more fast twitch

1/10
Bad troll. At least use examples of abilities we have.
09/19/2018 09:05 AMPosted by Zulxan
09/19/2018 08:22 AMPosted by Darigaaz

Except shocks hit really hard, and the above don't. Remember when an Shock hit for 1/6th of the enemy's HP?

Yes I remember Vanilla. And I remember how few abilities were in the game then, the horrible scaling shocks had, and how we were OP at the start and UP by the end because of just how strong our base damage was but how poorly all of our abilities scaled.

Our shocks only hit for 1/6 of someone's health on fresh 60s, and that doesn't change the fact that our weapon enchants are effectively shocks now.