8.1 Ele Changes

Shaman
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20768867246?page=3#post-50

Some of this looks ok, but it doesnt do anything for our survivability.

We're still a turret spec without any way to keep ourselves alive. All you did was shift some of our damage around.
You heard Ion. If you don't like Shaman you can always go play Hunter.
Too much glass, not enough cannon.
yea looks like just some damage boost and move a few talents around , this truly doesn't fix nothing definitely if u dont even go with the talents they buff and moved , utility still bad defensive bad damage can be adjusted at just about anytime so im not too worried about that and maelstrom still exists -sigh-
I honestly dont think there was anything blizzard could have announced that would make people happy. Give this !@#$ a chance to hit PTR.
09/19/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Bellius
I honestly dont think there was anything blizzard could have announced that would make people happy. Give this !@#$ a chance to hit PTR.

people would of loved it if the only thing they changed was flame shock with no CD
TBH I would like to see earth shield turned into a defensive cooldown for all three specs. Something that provides a DR with some additional flavor. This could give resto a healer CD for external use on a single target as well as more survival for the dps brethren. Just a thought on our survivability.
They should honestly Make Flame Shock splash on to nearby targets to increase its procs and makes ele more capable in aoe fights since chain lightning is weak now.

This is a treadmill because Blizzard will always say "we are aware, and we're working on it."

There is no way they tested shamans in house and honestly said "this is fine" when hunters, rogues, and Disc priests are where they are. Shamans got the boot because they wanted development working on other things.
09/19/2018 07:59 PMPosted by Sealteamfish

people would of loved it if the only thing they changed was flame shock with no CD

No they wouldn't have loved it. They would have complained that Echo wasn't also baseline.

I'm sadly starting to believe that unless Blizzard decides to over-correct Shamans in such a fashion that they are basically the Warlocks of late Legion--nobody will be happy.
As said its a glorified hotfix not a revamp of elemental, that we have to wait to play a finished class post release, cause screw shamans i guess.

#BetaForAzeroth
1) Remove flameshock cooldown or just remove it period
2) make echo baseline (both for resto and ele)
3) bring back gust of wind or give spirit walkers grace to ele
4) Since we're bringing back class specific buffs again make blood lust shaman only.

3 of those 4 things would make me happy enough to play my shaman again.
09/20/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Frustrando
4) Since we're bringing back class specific buffs again make blood lust shaman only.

Wouldn’t that be nice? Actually bringing something like lust to a group like the old days? Now everyone and their mom has a version of it (//_-)
09/20/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Frustrando

this

take lust away from everyone else
Shifted some damage from Earth Shock to Lightning Bolt

- Really? You could have just buffed LB and not touched ES. As the main nuke, ES is already less powerful than all other casters main nuke. Shaman 50% Rule!

Lava Burst has had its functionality changed behind the scenes to allow an in-flight Lava Burst to gain a guaranteed critical strike from a Flame Shock cast after the Lava Burst has been cast.

- This should have been there from the very first time LvB was implemented, oh what 12 years ago?

Talent Changes .... blah blah blah
- None of this addresses anything we have been asking for: Mobility, FS cooldown, major dps increase, AOE becoming weak.

Sheesh
09/20/2018 11:54 AMPosted by Tikishock
09/19/2018 07:59 PMPosted by Sealteamfish

No they wouldn't have loved it. They would have complained that Echo wasn't also baseline.

I'm sadly starting to believe that unless Blizzard decides to over-correct Shamans in such a fashion that they are basically the Warlocks of late Legion--nobody will be happy.

I mean... have you played Elemental? I love the theme of the spec, which is the only reason I'm still with it. That and I'm apparently a masochist.

Flame Shock off-CD isn't required, but if it has a CD, Lava Burst needs to be completely independent from it. While not an exact comparison, I'd liken it to putting Immolate on a 6 second CD, and making Chaos Bolt only crit if Immo is applied to the target. It's just bad design, especially when the ability is balanced around being a guaranteed crit.

Echo's been a near-set-and-forget talent for far too long. Other specs have seen some set-and-forgets that are much less core to making their spec flow smoothly incorporated into their base spec. What's so wrong with wanting that implemented as well? Implementing the two changes would hardly overtune the spec.

Ele's in a poor state, and the current proposed changes on PTR do absolutely nothing to fix the underlying issues at the spec's foundation. They double down on hardcasting, when we're already weak even while being able to do so, and move damage out of Earth Shock, our one solid button. Sounds like it's too strong in PVP with certain traits, but isn't that why they decided to add the ability to tune spells separately in PVP? So that's not an argument.

The only changes they've mentioned aside from that, are talent changes/additions that don't do anything to address the issues with Elemental, either. If the talents aren't strong enough, then they aren't changes at all. If the talents are too strong, then we just get new set-and-forgets. Even if they're healthily balanced, and usable in some situations, it's not a rework. The spec is still broken at its core, and needs some serious changes to its design.

actions speak louder than words

they've failed on both accounts
I think they have made it very clear we aren't going to get any mobility buffs, so that's something people need to just get over

Could definitely use some tuning in the up direction though, didn't feel like they needed to nerf earth shock just to buff lightning bolt
I am still sad about the way Ele is looking. As pretty much every person here has already said. These changes really don’t solve any core issues.. and to nerf the only good spell we got going on. I do like the frost shock root though <3 flame shock Cb should be reduced or LB 100%crits. Maybe even splash dmg/ or split procs (hit more then 1 target). I’m still gonna play my Ele. For even though we are not great or complete. It brings me joy when I still manage to kick !@# in both PvP and PvE and the FoTm’s get smashed on. Time will tell, were the underdogs... hopefully not for much longer!
09/20/2018 11:17 PMPosted by Aadris
I mean... have you played Elemental? I love the theme of the spec, which is the only reason I'm still with it. That and I'm apparently a masochist.

L:|