SEF Bug

Monk
So as seen on Peak of Serenity, there is a "bug" in SEF where you can cancel the effect and have about a tenth of a second to get off a cast of WDP that will hit for full value instead of 45%. This is the time it takes your spirit clones to return to you. So you use a macro to trigger the effect.

https://www.peakofserenity.com/2018/09/20/advanced-cancelaura-macros-for-storm-earth-and-fire/

All I can really say to react to this is...really? This is seriously what WW's have come to? Having to exploit a bug for a buff on a single move to try to stay even remotely competitive? *smh*

Going back to Pandaria to drink ale until I pass out.
09/20/2018 11:04 AMPosted by Jenyu
So as seen on Peak of Serenity, there is a "bug" in SEF where you can cancel the effect and have about a tenth of a second to get off a cast of WDP that will hit for full value instead of 45%. This is the time it takes your spirit clones to return to you. So you use a macro to trigger the effect.

https://www.peakofserenity.com/2018/09/20/advanced-cancelaura-macros-for-storm-earth-and-fire/

All I can really say to react to this is...really? This is seriously what WW's have come to? Having to exploit a bug for a buff on a single move to try to stay even remotely competitive? *smh*

I wonder if they will try fixing this by having the clones just disappear instantly when the buff ends (and maybe break some other things with the cooldown when they try fixing that bug).
this bug has continuously been reported since early legion and is not the only DPS increasing bug available. It is in the queue to be fixed, but low priority. Making more people aware of it gets it fixed faster.
09/20/2018 11:04 AMPosted by Jenyu

Visibility is how things get fixed. Pretending like things don't exist or being oblivious to them while they're happening organically in game despite what you may or may not think is an exploit or bug, when in many cases this issue replicates itself, only makes it appear like everything is working in a healthy state.

SEF has been garbage since it was introduced. Removal of the toggle SEF was a huge step backwards in the first place and anytime they're not willing to fix [it] because its "low priority" makes me hate the state of windwalker more than I did the day before. There are things that have been reported for months to years. I still can't use a defensive cooldown with Serenity. Saying that it's "low priority" because serenity isn't up 24/7 is a cop out.

It's one of the many minor things that goes into min maxing and is not even always that relevant. It's just on principle at this point. You don't have to use the macro - SEF will do it without your input. Knowledge will just let you control which ability.
its really not THAT game breaking. It's ONE ability every minute and a half doing 300% damage instead of 135%. And if you stopaura too early, you can potentiall lose overall dps by missing an earlier GCD before cancelling SEF.

Dur its a good jump on a lucky crit, but most of the time its a 12k hit that would normally do 16.2k during SEF, and doing 36k (19.8k more damage per 90 seconds, 220 DPS increase, 1.5% more damage over time
09/21/2018 09:41 AMPosted by Seriousbacon
its really not THAT game breaking. It's ONE ability every minute and a half doing 300% damage instead of 135%. And if you stopaura too early, you can potentiall lose overall dps by missing an earlier GCD before cancelling SEF.

Dur its a good jump on a lucky crit, but most of the time its a 12k hit that would normally do 16.2k during SEF, and doing 36k (19.8k more damage per 90 seconds, 220 DPS increase, 1.5% more damage over time

What he said. It is a nice min / max thing to do, but far from game breaking. All in all S,E,F typically misses more first attacks or in general just stands around so much that I'm not sure this error in our favor can make up for it. I too miss MoP / WoD manual control clones.
ONLY SEF BUG I KNOW ABOUT IS WHEN I GO TO USE MY SEF THAN FIST OF FURY RIGHT AFTER, JK YOU USED YOUR FOF WHILE YOUR MANZ CAME OUT BUT THEY OR YOU DIDNT DO THE ATTACK, YET IT IS NOW ON COOLDOWN WTF. BEEN HAPPENING SINCE LEGION.
09/21/2018 02:28 AMPosted by Ww
this bug has continuously been reported since early legion and is not the only DPS increasing bug available. It is in the queue to be fixed, but low priority. Making more people aware of it gets it fixed faster.

What other DPS increasing bugs are available?