Racial Traits

Classic Discussion
Will they be the same as before? "The Human Spirit" felt meh at the time.

And I can't explain Horde vs The New Horde as well as Choppy the Orc used to.
I would assume they will be the same.

I don't recall much about the human spirit trait; I remember the highlights of the human traits being the extra weapon skill on maces and swords, as well as a significant bonus to any reputation gain. While not as interactive as some racials, many people considered these to be top-notch.

I do not recall Choppy the Orc. I suppose a trip to YouTube is in order?
Yes, they'll be the same. The Human Spirit was good, by the way. So were Mace Specialization, Sword Specialization, Perception, and Diplomacy. Honestly, the only useless racial I can think of is Regeneration.
Racials should be meh ... It should be a small bonus that doesn't make a world difference (Blood elves *cough*).

Adept of min/max will tell you some races are better than others but to speak the truth, the impact was fairly minimal.
The human spirit...bad?

Tell that to a smite priest.
Humans actually had some of the best PVE racials in the game why P servers have so many cus of mix maxer dps wars etc. +5 swords +5 mace's etc I do hope they keep the traits the same, even though i hate WOTF
09/20/2018 10:54 PMPosted by Nakadashi
Yes, they'll be the same. The Human Spirit was good, by the way. So were Mace Specialization, Sword Specialization, Perception, and Diplomacy. Honestly, the only useless racial I can think of is Regeneration.

Funny enough the troll regeneration may have been somewhat effective back when the warrior protection tree had combat endurance (10% regen in combat). Well, if the two abilities stacked leading to 20% regen anyways. It still wouldn't have been very good though even with spirit gear, in combat regen would need to be at much higher percentages to actually matter. The troll regeneration was certainly very fitting lore wise but it needed to be a lot stronger, how much stronger? Probably 50% would be my guess. It's not as though players out of combat regeneration was very high to begin with...honestly the spirit stat was weaker than it should have been unless you were a healer.
I was a fan of the racial abilities. I did hate WOTF, but I played mostly Alliance, so it’s a bias hatred.

The human traits were great. Night elves had one of the best IMO. It’s like a free stationary stealth. You had to be OOC, but it still had great utility. I used to Meld and ambush people on my hunter. If you had a stealthed cat pet, you could be an ambush machine.
09/20/2018 11:37 PMPosted by Seijuron
Racials should be meh ... It should be a small bonus that doesn't make a world difference (Blood elves *cough*).

Adept of min/max will tell you some races are better than others but to speak the truth, the impact was fairly minimal.

The blood elf Trait in BC was annoying as you had to prime it to get anything out of it. Still it was prob the best trait in the game even before the change.
For the lore of trolls the regeineration should of been a lot higher.

they should of made the other racials weaker (Trolls) and buffed this one.

Would of been more of a troll feel.

Orcs feel like orcs tho for sure.

Undead feel like undead for the racials

Tauren feels like Tauren

But trolls meh they should of buffed regeneration and maybe nerfed berserker or something.

Trolls are still considered the best main tanks (horde) duo to the fact that berserker if timed right after a hit would of gaven them far more threat.

Seeing as threat was a big deal in raids. (Allowing dps to pull more dps with out pulling aggro).

IF they buffed Regeneration you would see far more trolls roaming around.

Trolls being the least played horde race in vanilla.

They did make really good pve mages tho , and priests. (I liked the undead racials more for priests tho coz shadow was cool)
The Human Spirit was so good at release that it's one of few racials to ever be nerfed...
09/20/2018 10:16 PMPosted by Bullroarer
"The Human Spirit" felt meh at the time

perception was the activated ability, I remember my rogue friend cursing, he would always be caught out by humans and nightelves as they both had better stealth/detection. they also had some passive weapon kills stuff.

there were other things that would increase stealth detection and pretty sure all this stuff stacked (confirm?)

anyway orc stun resist was great, you resist a rogues opener which happens one in every four times, he is screwed, kind of counters what alliance had with perception to an extent. the AP activatate (free trinket) was pretty good too.

09/20/2018 11:37 PMPosted by Seijuron

I logged onto my belf and was like *Acane Torrent* they keep on beating on me... wut this thing is now 3 minute purge in a game where purging is now largely irrelevant? o.O

warstomp is pretty much still arcane torrent with a slight cast time it just gets everyone not casters.

tldr for one I like that races were more than just an aesthetic choice
human spirit racial is a litmus test for bad players, if you say it's good you can't do quick maffs. Humans were great for pve or just if you wanted min-maxed damage in pvp for the weapons they had bonuses for. Rep gain was nice but had a shelflife, better than +5 to a skill i suppose.

How much spirit would a naxx geared priest have selfbuffed? 400-600?? so its maybe 30 spirit at end game or something close to 1 mana per second.(while not casting)
09/20/2018 10:54 PMPosted by Nakadashi
Honestly, the only useless racial I can think of is Regeneration.
I don't know, it's been shows that spirit can actually be decent for killing mobs in succession with less time spent healing, and keeping a portion of that while in combat could be pretty nice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Dn6X2QIZg
Anybody know if the gnome racial escape artist breaks stun?
09/21/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Juib
better than +5 to a skill i suppose.

didn't that extra skill mean you had to have less hit or something at max level or am I remembering wrong ?

09/21/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Rami

immobilization is and has always been related to character moment, slow/snare

http://classic-wow.wikia.com/wiki/Racial_trait
didn't that extra skill mean you had to have less hit or something at max level or am I remembering wrong ?

Yes but +hit benefit from skill didn't affect shield slam or bloodthirst, as these do not require a weapon to use.
09/21/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Rami

Only root and snare.
09/21/2018 08:03 AMPosted by Sickn
For the lore of trolls the regeineration should of been a lot higher.

they should of made the other racials weaker (Trolls) and buffed this one.

Would of been more of a troll feel.

Orcs feel like orcs tho for sure.

Undead feel like undead for the racials

Tauren feels like Tauren

But trolls meh they should of buffed regeneration and maybe nerfed berserker or something.

Trolls are still considered the best main tanks (horde) duo to the fact that berserker if timed right after a hit would of gaven them far more threat.

Seeing as threat was a big deal in raids. (Allowing dps to pull more dps with out pulling aggro).

IF they buffed Regeneration you would see far more trolls roaming around.

Trolls being the least played horde race in vanilla.

They did make really good pve mages tho , and priests. (I liked the undead racials more for priests tho coz shadow was cool)

Trolls are the absolutely worst option for Warrior Tanks in vanilla. Orcs get more threat through Blood Fury since it increases their damage. Increasing haste doesn't help threat as much in comparison, plus orcs get +axe skill and % defense against stuns/charms. This is substantively superior in many ways. Troll racials are not good for tanking in any way. And when compared to the options given by Orc/Tauren racials, it's easy to see why no one played Troll warriors.
09/21/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Juib
better than +5 to a skill i suppose.

+ weapon skill was one of the most powerful stats for melee because it also reduced the severity of glancing blows.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_skill#Glancing_Blow_chance