Anyone else actually enoying pvp this xpac?

Arenas
No its not perfect (its literally never been).
some classes are overtuned for the skill level it takes to play, like demon hunters.
some classes need better representation, like dk and lock.
and azerite trait stacking is causing some gimmicky stuff to go down.

I still think this is the best balancing we've gotten in a while

overall I really like this expansion. I feel like we're in a sweet spot where damage isn't over tuned, so were not rewarding brainless tunneling. It also isnt under tuned where nothing will die and you have to go into dampening. I feel like it rewards skill. You have to get set ups and execute them well while still having good damage to win.

This really feels like what pvp is supposed to be like.
what do you guys think?
surprisingly, I have and it's on my shadow priest of all things. only because i get to play god comp again
09/21/2018 01:24 AMPosted by Cinderfal
were not rewarding brainless tunneling.

My soft warlock butt disagrees.
09/21/2018 01:27 AMPosted by Felryn
surprisingly, I have and it's on my shadow priest of all things. only because i get to play god comp again
I enjoy RPS right now. I like actually being tanky, but Edge has no skill to it, so it's kinda boring. Still enjoying this expansion.
09/21/2018 01:24 AMPosted by Cinderfal
I still think this is the best balancing we've gotten in a while
please go to bed
I think pvp is pretty good right now and rewards skill.

Sincerely, a feral druid.
Personally love all the tools ele has.

Looking forward to even more tools in 8.1 with frost shock roots.

I enjoy the return of stats mattering and having the ability to build how you want to play.

Azerite traits have a lot of potential but trait stacking and some overtuned traits put a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouth on the system.

WPvP being a thing again has been a lot of fun and the little interactions with other players cuz Warmode is good.

I personally like the looting system even more than vendors. Vendors are good because you get to pick which piece you want.

The reason Im enjoying this system more is the speed at which you can get full sets of gear. PvPing is an actual viable way to gear up a toon. Ive been able to sneak into heroic groups for raids in downtime simply because I got to 370 ilvl from mostly pvp upgrades. We are in week 2 and with the vendor system we would only have 2 pieces of gear.

Can the system be improved on? Yes.

Its a good start imo
Don't particularly care for the way things are atm.
everyone seems to always hate it, like they're waiting for one good patch yet they will only realize it was good when it ends or something, to have fun you have to accept the games always going to be unbalanced.
more fun than legion so far
if not for pvping i'd quit right now, the other side of the game is awful
You think this is good right now?

HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHA

Look at all the threads of how lower ilvl does more damage.

Or how azerite stacking is 1 shotting people.

Or how certain spec's are unviable.

Or how mortal strike is still mandatory in a 3's comp.

But suuuure pretend this is good pvp...
I've given up on pvp in all forms in this game.
Overwatch is hella better.
Going to be a dragonslayer again .
M+s get balance a lot quicker than arenas.
This expansion has proven this to me.

Time to download omen and get to learning the affixes.

Leveling a dk on bleeding hollow right now.
No, this is the first xpac I can't even bring myself to BG in.

Personally love all the tools ele has.

All the tools like your triple stacked earth shock one shot azerite build I just saw in your armory?

JFC.
I've been playing since MoP and this is the worst start to an expansion I have ever experienced in terms of PvP.
09/21/2018 07:15 AMPosted by Orphanchild
I've been playing since MoP and this is the worst start to an expansion I have ever experienced in terms of PvP.

There were expansions with more balance problems (cata) but no expansion had this many fun problems.
They turned this game from chess to checkers. im not having fun. I quit in legion for the same reason, Dps is too easy and too rewarding for just pressing 3 buttons.

3v3 feels like a dungeon with random cc thrown in for fun. This is the least coordinated and skillful season I’ve participated in.
I havent q'd because I cant due to being a lock, dont have partners, and lfg just seems unappealing
I have fun when I have a few classes to choose and play with viably while maining one. I can't do that this expansion just like legion.. I haven't been lucky enough to get the azurite traits to make me even viable. I miss balance from vendors and pve trinkets not working in arena, I'm not having fun.
No, am not