Raider.IO and WoWProgress M+ Problems

General Discussion
Not quite sure what is going on behind the scenes of these 2 websites but the lack of M+ key updates is starting to affect the way people are enjoying the game.

These 2 websites are highly used in how players judge and interact with people applying for M+ keys. The issue is many keys go without an update unless you reach some top 100 (Or so I was told), which means the majority of the playerbase may get stuck with a much lower score than what they really have.

For example I did a +8 Freehold this week with guildmates we were just shy of 1 chesting by about a min or 2..

https://imgur.com/a/kebQwDd

Raider.io still has a +4** for it for my character and wowprogress says iv never done it.

Issue: with how big an impact these websites have im hoping its number 1 priority to fix such issues within their system. It creates an environment of the rich get richer and the poor stay poor type of atmosphere which benefits no one in the end of the day.

Solution: Either the websites need to be on the ball with the updates or blizz should somehow find a way to prevent systems such as raiderio from functioning for M+

Side Note: These issues don't really matter if you are in a guild group, but on the days where you just want to do something and guild mates are busy you don't want to start having to take screenshots and link em to the party leader to explain why you haven't done a freehold ever etc etc.

Side Note 2: I'm not a coding expert but I assume the websites are aware if the issue and are looking for a fix which may be complicated and thats why we have the current issue.
Raider.io updates pretty fast (and you can force updates on it)

The problem is it pulls from your realms M+ leaderboard so if you're on a high pop realm and run at a time when a lot of people are on there's a chance you just won't have that run register. It gets worse and worse as people do higher and higher keys.
Could've sworn they made the leaderboard into top 500 somewhere early this year.

Either top 500 on your realm is all +9 and up

Or Blizzard API downgraded to top 100 again :/
09/23/2018 08:05 AMPosted by Milkshakemoo
Could've sworn they made the leaderboard into top 500 somewhere early this year.

Either top 500 on your realm is all +9 and up

Or Blizzard API downgraded to top 100 again :/

Either of these options being viable for a tool's ineffectiveness showcase a pretty massive reason this thing is even worse than the pure ilvl-driven mods that started popping up in Wrath (and I mean, those things were awful). At least they used always-retrievable information, so you could always argue for their correctness even if you couldn't argue for their soundness.
Don't pug.
Make use of your guild. If you don't have one get one, and if they're one of those recruit then mute guilds bail and get another one.
Never had a guildie complain about ilvl, achievs, or whatever raider.io is.
It’s top 500. I’ve never had this problem. Every run always shows for me but I’m not that big into M+ so ...?
Generally speaking failed keys don’t make the leaderboard unless they’re very high or the dungeon is very hard.

Since Freehold was one of the easier dungeons last week there are probably tons of +8s done in time so a failed 8 isn’t that impressive and probably doesn’t deserve a score.

The whole point of the addon is to find people who can successfully do keys at your chosen level. I wouldn’t bring someone who was failing 8s to my 9.
Raid IO is a useless tool.
I can't believe anyone really cares that much about this. It's a freaking video game, not your job or real life. Good lord you even PAY for it.

The only people who care about Raider.io and all that junk are kids and no-lifers who live out their entire world in this game.
09/23/2018 08:36 AMPosted by Xalea
I can't believe anyone really cares that much about this. It's a freaking video game, not your job or real life. Good lord you even PAY for it.

The only people who care about Raider.io and all that junk are kids and no-lifers who live out their entire world in this game.

Or people who enjoy being successful at a hobby... But you go on being a dirtbag on the forum, that seems to be working out real well for you.
[ul][/ul]

09/23/2018 08:36 AMPosted by Xalea

Or maybe I have such a busy, fulfilling life that I don’t want to spend 2 hours slogging through a +5 with you “for completion”.

Seems to me the people who think that spending hours in a dungeon for a piece of 355 loot is acceptable are the no-lifers with too much time on their hands.
It's not that far off from show me you 2200 pvp rank achievement for arena teams. Amiright
The trouble is mythic + doesn't have a good progression system naturally designed into it. So it's hard to elevate who you're grouping with, hence the rise of things like raider.io. One solution I've thought of is the following.

You start at +2, and in order to unlock +3 dungeons you need to complete 5, unique dungeons on +2 in the time limit. This system progresses natural, because in order to go to +9 or +10 you have to complete the previous tier.

You'd also remove keys from the system. Instead its just a progression system. IF you prove your worth you can run any of the + dungeons you want and won't be restricted by the supply of keys.

The only downside to this is supply of players will congregate towards the top eventually and lower dungeons will be hard to find groups for. Id also advice capping mythic+ dungeons below mythic quality gear. Instead remove heroic raid, and cap mythic + dungeons inbetween normal/mythic raids.
the ONLY way to kill raider io is to make m+ a que.thats the ONLY way.
It’s imperfect, but still the best way to quickly screen applicants for higher keys.
09/23/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Thanen

This is such a terrible idea, nobody should have to explain why.
09/23/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Azraia
09/23/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Thanen

This is such a terrible idea, nobody should have to explain why.

“I’d rather ruin something for everyone else than not be allowed to do it myself” is pretty much the anti-raider.io viewpoint.
Top 300 runs for your realm in that particular dungeon that week.
Git gud