PVP Tuning: DKs

Arenas
A recent Blizzard blue post indicated that they're planning to address DKs in the next round of tuning. What are your thoughts on the current state of DK PVP (any or all specs), and what do you think needs to be done in order to get them balanced?

Higher burst or sustained damage?
Better mobility/stickability?
More potent defensives?
A simple reshuffling of talents or new talents/abilities altogether?

At the very least, I feel that our defensives (particularly Icebound Fortitude) are lacking. It would be nice to at least have Mirrorball back. Separately, the fact that we need to choose between Death Pact and Wraith Walk is pretty terrible, as without Wraith Walk our mobility is essentially non-existent, and without Death Pact we don't have a reliable/on-demand self-heal.
Need more sutained damage and survival with Corpse Shield return.
The most prevalent request seems to be for more survivability, and I think that's a good starting point.

personally, I would also like a bit more utility in PVP. Right now we do nothing but steady, sustained damage that's easily healable.

So the situation right now is that if I am getting trained, the entire team has to devote their attention to peeling for me or keeping me alive as I run for dear life. If one of my teammates is getting trained, I can't really do much to help you besides gripping and slowing them.

Even if they were to buff our damage out significantly, we simply do not bring enough utility to the game. A single necrotic strike requires 2 globals and 3 runes (which if you're unfamiliar with DK resources, is RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE) but absorbs approximately 1 HOT tick. If you manage to stack 4-6 necrotics on a target while their healer is CC'd, you better hope someone else is dealing damage to that target because if it's just you, they're still at 90% HP with all those necrotic stacks.

Comparatively, Mortal Strike effects are essentially built into the normal damage rotation of other classes, and as a result are so much more effective because they are active almost 100% of the time.

We used to be able to dispel friendly buffs from enemy players, but for some reason Blizzard decided that Demon Hunters didn't have enough utility, so they REMOVED IT from our toolkit and gave it to them (???)

So we have no way to off-heal, no offensive dispel, no defensive dispel, mediocre sustained damage, ZERO burst damage, no healing debuff, and a heal absorb that we can only use if we sacrifice 90% of our own damage (converting a wound into a necrotic wound doesn't give you the RP bonus nor does it deal damage) in addition to triple the amount of resources on an already resource-starved class.

on top of that.. we are also the least mobile class in the game by a huge margin.

So yes, we would like more survivability because we are tired of being deleted in arenas.

But ultimately what we really want is for a developer to actually play a DK at a high level, and realize "oh wow this just isn't fun. we need to rework this....."
All that's needed is some form of passive survivability

DK design isn't what it used to be but it's the same for every class in bfa.

Main strength of DK is utlity coming from disruption and stops (grip petleap etc) which is very awkward now because of grip half-global(why??) and transformation being on global and very low uptime

who cares about frost don't buff it
What is with all these threads asking what to change. Who is “we”? And why has there been specifically threads today on exactly the classes in question for changes ASAP?? Blizzard is this you trying to hide behind seasoned accounts asking the community what we want and sorting through replies? Call me crazy but it sure seems like it.
09/24/2018 12:15 PMPosted by Frostyx
What is with all these threads asking what to change. Who is “we”? And why has there been specifically threads today on exactly the classes in question for changes ASAP?? Blizzard is this you trying to hide behind seasoned accounts asking the community what we want and sorting through replies? Call me crazy but it sure seems like it.

Lol, I'm just trying to gauge the opinions of the user-base (at least those on the forums). If the user-base happen to have some good ideas, and if even a few of those good ideas somehow capture Blizzard's attention and find their way into the live game, it wouldn't be a bad thing. Could be just wishful thinking though - oh well.
I lvled my DK as my 5th 120 two days ago (I have Ret/war/hunter/druid). He's now ilvl 339 as Frost. I haven't tested unholy as much but I think the dmg isn't that bad (could be a little better). The biggest issue seems to be survivability and lack of utility (has always been the case for Frost). Maybe a bit more dmg, better defensives and 1-2 more ability would fix it but Frost has so few abilities, it's always either complete trash if it doesn't do scary damage or strong and everyone QQ about it the way they do with BM hunters due to low skill cap required to play it.

Oh, the other BIG thing is the Frost DK traits are mostly absolute trash or weakish at best. There's supposed to be one that seems decent for obliterate crit buff but I haven't seen a single piece with it yet so I'm not sure if it's in the game.

Also, both specs run out of both runes and RP at some point and you have downtime having to wait for it which feels bad when you try to keep pressure onto someone. It happens with my Survival Hunter as well but his burst when he has resources up feels stronger and you have a frost trap you can land to open a window for a kill which DK doesn't really seem to have (asphyxiate at best but it's not as good).
09/24/2018 10:08 AMPosted by Alderon
Need more sutained damage and survival with Corpse Shield return.

Corpse Shield SUCKS man, stop asking for that useless skill. I rather more Lichborne+Deathcoil combo or blood presence.
Nerf DKs
09/24/2018 08:03 PMPosted by Toruk
Nerf DKs

Nerf Toruk:

"The player Toruk, not Hunters, just Toruk has all damaging abilities greyed out/disabled permanently and takes 986.2% increased damage with an extra 110978% increased damage when hit by a Death Knight. If Toruk dies, his movement speed while in ghost form is slowed to 5.4% movement speed and skynet goes back in time to kill every salesman that Toruk attempts to buy any stable internet connection made past june 7th 2006."

Regards
Ion H.
true DK mains would ask for Conversion back
My sub runs out soon so i figured i would be a little helpful before i quit this game.

We have a lot of blue posts on the forum now so if you want to know how to fix UH DKs read this idk anything about frost so they are SoL

-revert prepatch nerfs on necrotic strike and wandering plague. Their damage wasnt the issue it was the eruption talent

-buff virulent plagues damage by 15%

-Buff mortal coil damage by 10%

-Virulent Plague now debuffs the target reducing the damage they do to the death knight by 10%. This rewards good play plus even if you gave DKs a ton of self healing it would do anything because they just flat out take to much damage. Name the debuff "Weakness" or something

-Deathstrike heals more and has a higher threshhold

-Anti magic zone baseline. It's a really cool ability it should be baseline and gives them some more raid utility

-Make Scourage strike a real ability like even buffing this by 40% wouldn't do anything

Their you go. Also figure out wtf you guys are going to do about spriest its literally a cluster!@#$ and half a spec.
buff wandering plague
necrotic strike
virulent plague/eruption
remove death pact absorb
make our stun 30sec cd
make death strike heal for a higher %
increase uptime on mutation
take grip/mutate off gcd
3%-5% damage across the board

then i happy