ilvl Requirment?

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
This is the moment where someone at Blizzard really !@#$ed up. This is where half of the player base has lost faith in Blizzards ability to be even-handed and fair to both factions. At the shareholder meeting, they will look back at what the %^-* happened with the dumpster fire that is BfA and pinpoint this mistake as the beginning of the end for the expansion... and it is less than a month old.

Someone needs to be fired right now. That moron who decided that it was fair that there needs to be an ilvl requirement to do Warfronts. What were they thinking? I will tell you what they were thing.

• I play Horde and I do not want to give the Alliance the same opportunities.
  • I hate players and their $15 a month can go !@#$ themselves
  • Anyone that has an issue with my decision is a %^-*ing casual and we don't need players like that in this game.
  • I will not be content until we have another Wildstar on our hands.

The ilvl requirement is irrelevant. Have it, don't have it. Just give an even playing field. Don't let one faction abuse the !@#$ out of it and then take that ability away from the other faction. Do your %^-*ing job Blizzard and stop favoring one faction over another.
they are so wildly out of touch with what is FUN and are focused solely on taking mechanics we liked and finding ways to artificially stretch them out to pump their MAU metrics.
All this anger over an item level requirement that can be obtained in a couple days so you can get LFR level loot.

If any 120 doesn't have a 320 item level by now it means you are barely playing that character anyway.

Have a Snickers and switch to decaf.
No one will get fired. They'll find a way to spin everything like wow look at how popular WFs were. People were playing nothing else so we had to put a limit on them. :D
It is stupid easy to get 320, but still... If they are going to go this route, do it after alliance have their first week of access.
All this anger over an item level requirement that can be obtained in a day so you can get LFR level loot.

not even close to being able to grab a 350 ilvl in a day.
yes 350 with titanforging and the 370 quest piece.

I went from 280 ilvl to 330 something. straight from hitting 120 to running mythic dungeons.
Yes, I skipped over content. content that ive already cleared while leveling.
farming heroic dungeons is boring and being able to skip it was great. An entire faction doesnt get this advantage.
pretty !@#$ty, whether YOU think it matters or not.
09/12/2018 04:13 AMPosted by Theprofessor
Someone needs to be fired right now

Yes, you should. It's against the law in most countries for children to be working.
09/12/2018 04:18 AMPosted by Amandelle
All this anger over an item level requirement that can be obtained in a couple days so you can get LFR level loot.

If any 120 doesn't have a 320 item level by now it means you are barely playing that character anyway.

The point

---------------->

Your head

Just got to 120 current item level is 270 any reward I get world quest included just rewards +15 gear for my current item level, I hardly call that possible with a day worth of grinding considering wq's are random and time gated.
09/12/2018 04:20 AMPosted by Bevvil
It is stupid easy to get 320, but still... If they are going to go this route, do it after alliance have their first week of access.

This. 320 it not a huge ilvl to reach, I hit 325 on my rogue who has been 120 for a couple of days and I basically only play when I am bored on my DH. That said, it would have only been fair to allow the Alliance an equal shot at the warfronts with the same restrictions in place. This place was a freaking gold mine for gearing up fresh 120s. I watched friends take sub 300 character to 340-350 range over the weekend in the warfronts.

If the sudden jump in ilvl is an issue, how is it not a issue when only one side got to benefit from it?
This is the moment where someone at Blizzard really !@#$ed up. This is where half of the player base has lost faith in Blizzards ability to be even-handed and fair to both factions. At the shareholder meeting, they will look back at what the %^-* happened with the dumpster fire that is BfA and pinpoint this mistake as the beginning of the end for the expansion... and it is less than a month old.

Someone needs to be fired right now. That moron who decided that it was fair that there needs to be an ilvl requirement to do Warfronts. What were they thinking? I will tell you what they were thing.

• Anyone that has an issue with my decision is a %^-*ing casual and we don't need players like that in this game.

The ilvl requirement is irrelevant. Have it, don't have it. Just give an even playing field. Don't let one faction abuse the !@#$ out of it and then take that ability away from the other faction. Do your %^-*ing job Blizzard and stop favoring one faction over another.

The horde players didn't abuse anything. Alliance players would have queued for this exactly the same, there was no level restriction in the game or in any of the posts made by Blizzard. The horde players had no idea that this was coming, or that lower than 320 was an issue. Don't blame them. They did what the game allowed them to do - and the Alliance would have done the same. They didn't circumvent anything, or cheat, or skip content - they did exactly what the game allowed them to do.

This is all on the devs. This should have been hotfixed immediately. This is unacceptable - and there's no good fix for it. The horde players don't get an ounce of blame here, even the ones trolling the threads about it.

Another 'alliance' poster that doesn't have a 120 or BfA and is fine with this... I have seen about 4 of these so far.
09/12/2018 04:26 AMPosted by Morragin

The horde players didn't abuse anything. Alliance players would have queued for this exactly the same, there was no level restriction in the game or in any of the posts made by Blizzard. The horde players had no idea that this was coming, or that lower than 320 was an issue. Don't blame them. They did what the game allowed them to do - and the Alliance would have done the same. They didn't circumvent anything, or cheat, or skip content - they did exactly what the game allowed them to do.

This is all on the devs. This should have been hotfixed immediately. This is unacceptable - and there's no good fix for it. The horde players don't get an ounce of blame here, even the ones trolling the threads about it.

did you even read what he said - he wasn't blaming the 'horde' for anything - it was ALL on blizzard.
It’s not about the item requirement or about the disparity so much as it’s about the blatant incompetence and poor decision-making of the people who make these changes.

It’s one more nail in the coffin.

Personally, I don’t want to pay this company for this product if this is how they treat their paying customers. It smacks of disdain and lack of concern for players. I don’t support this kind of treatment, and I resent Blizzard for this shortsightedness, for their lack of communication and candor, and for pouring fuel on the vitriol that is “faction pride.”
So, you're angry that Warfronts have an ilvl requirement? I'm fine with it.

I don't see why it should be reversed and you haven't provided any reason other than "I don't like it and it's a bad idea".

Please try to be more convincing with your post and not just hurl a bunch of insults at people.

Thanks!

Well aren't you just a butthurt ray of sunshine this morning?

Why not post this on your main?
Good change, Horrible unfair and seemingly biased timing.
This should have been done before launch or after the first Full rotation so both factions could take advantage of the same systems.
This change would have been better left out until after a full Horde and Alliance cycle for fairness purposes.
So, from the get go have leveled 5 plate wearers specifically to farm the transmog faster, 3 of which are Horde.(See my transmogrification.) And gearing them up was easy. One of which went straight from dinging right into the Warfront.

Seems silly do this before Alliance get a chance.