It's okay for Dr Who to have a female Doctor!

Movies, TV and Entertainment
Hi, I just wanted to say that there are people crying tears over how the Dr Who regenerating into a female is identity politics gone mad how it's the end of Dr Who as we know it, and all of that kind of thing...

Even some of the actors that portrayed the Dr believe that the Dr in their view was a 'good role model for boys'.

But I am personally excited about a female Dr, and I'm not even a feminist. I just think that it's a natural thing of Time Lord species that regenerating into the opposite sex is something that CAN happen.

Anyone else looking forward to it? Comes out in October.
I guess because it’s a role that has always been a male one. It’s a bit like the female ghostbusters, the agenda is there agree or not. Fans don’t like their characters being messed around with either, so that doesn’t help.

Either way, it’s a terrible show.
Change is scary and people are idiots.
She is a hottie, so I'm OK with it.

I've really liked Doctor Who, starting with the 2005 series. I found the older ones laughingly difficult to watch, due to their insanely low budgets and bad effects.

People always don't like the new Doctor, so it will be really no different that this time it is a female. I just hope they have lots of jokes, about her getting in touch with her new body, mmmm.....
With the Master turning female, it was bound to happen to another time lord. Either way, as long as she can play the role, i have no qualms about it.
I am perfectly fine with a female doctor.

I absolutely HATE the "Glass ceiling shattered!!!!", "The future is female" in my face coverage being thrown at me about a female doctor.

P.S. I miss Missy.
It's okay for any show to have a female or whatever <insert disenfranchised demographic here> as long as it's not just a gimmick to get shock views.
Fans don’t like their characters being messed around with either, so that doesn’t help.

To be fair though, the Dr has always had the ability to regenerate into the opposite sex.
09/19/2018 07:07 PMPosted by Aglaica
With the Master turning female, it was bound to happen to another time lord. Either way, as long as she can play the role, i have no qualms about it.
There's also the fact that Doctor Who has been criticized for only casting white male actors for the role of the Doctor despite the fact that the Doctor can change drastically in appearance and personality.

A female Doctor was likely chosen as an easy first step towards moving away from exclusively casting the role with white male actors since the alternative would be the Doctor changing from Cauacasian to something like African or Asian, which is a considerably riskier choice for diversifying the casting for the Doctor as they would need to be absolutely certain that it's done in a way that doesn't offend minorities in Britain and the US.

Regardless, I don't think there's any problem in the Doctor being female.
Oh nice, this is my first encountering of the news of a female The Doctor, sounds great!
09/14/2018 06:51 AMPosted by Ltque
I guess because it’s a role that has always been a male one. It’s a bit like the female ghostbusters, the agenda is there agree or not. Fans don’t like their characters being messed around with either, so that doesn’t help.

What agenda is there with female Ghostbusters?
Get woke, go broke.

Predict lowest ratings ever.
Well I saw the first episode and don't know what the ratings were, was a bit slow to begin with but got exciting later.

I didn't feel any identity politics in the episode.
09/25/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Elae
09/14/2018 06:51 AMPosted by Ltque

Same thing that has been explained to you a dozen times over with ghostbusters. Replacing male characters with female characters that have for decades been portrayed one way throws ppl off.

Imagine another Iron Man movie is released and now its a women do you really believe people should adjust well to that. It breaks the story line basicly.

Example: If a they had a man assume the role of Selene from underworld, people would reject it. Its about character and story lines nothing more.

Some characters are iconic and messing with them only upsets people.
10/09/2018 03:18 AMPosted by Drpane
09/25/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Elae

Same thing that has been explained to you a dozen times over with ghostbusters. Replacing male characters with female characters that have for decades been portrayed one way throws ppl off.

Imagine another Iron Man movie is released and now its a women do you really believe people should adjust well to that. It breaks the story line basicly.

Example: If a they had a man assume the role of Selene from underworld, people would reject it. Its about character and story lines nothing more.

Some characters are iconic and messing with them only upsets people.

Well I was about to suggest that there should be a male version of Xena Warrior Princess, but then I remembered there already was one, he was called Hercules and he came first...for some reason Xena was more popular.
I am fine her as the Doctor. As long there no SJW nonsense in that show.
10/12/2018 02:50 PMPosted by Ghaghzull
I am fine her as the Doctor. As long there no SJW nonsense in that show.

I didn't see it in the first episode, only in the trailers, when the lady smashed through the glass ceiling or something like that.

So naturally youtube is out in force with hours of people complaining about it, saying 'progressive politics being shoved down my throat again!' but...I gave the first episode a go, and although it was boring to begin with it soon picked up mid episode.
I wonder if the Tardis is on Trenzalore dying...
They seemed to have avoided calling attention to the fact that the Doctor is now a woman and I really like that.

That probably sounded horrible, so let me explain.

I was worried that the new Doctor would be nothing but "HEY LOOK I HAVE LADY PARTS NOW! ISN'T THAT CRAAAAAAZY!?" Basically, cast as a woman just for the sake of being cast as a woman. But they seemed to have avoided that so far, so that's good.
I will have to keep an eye out for episodes!!