It's okay for Dr Who to have a female Doctor!

Movies, TV and Entertainment
Are you female? If so, how can you not be a feminist?
The only thing I'm wondering about is how they got 13 Drs they are only supposed to be able to regenerate 12 times.
I think the actress they chose is fine, she looks like what I would imagine Dr Who to be as a female. I have been a fan for a long time I stream on Amazon usually, so haven't seen the newest episodes.
As long as they don't go full on SJW and continue in Dr Who tradition I will watch the show.

I somehow got here from GD lol. Just realized I was on entertainment forums. No wonder I'm seeing all these music threads today, I was like well this is kinda nice.
10/28/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Tsavis
The only thing I'm wondering about is how they got 13 Drs they are only supposed to be able to regenerate 12 times.

They changed that in the last episode of Matt Smith's run. The other Timelords gave him a whole new set of regenerations.
10/26/2018 02:40 AMPosted by Lymalia

Because modern day feminism isn't the same as the text book definition. It's become escapism for angry bitter women who project their rage and failures on others.
Of course it's fine.

It's just when they announced it before the series started, they made it seem like it was more of a SJW decision and them being forced to do it because they did it with the Master, instead of it just being a fun and interesting direction to take the show.

Glad they seem to avoid it in the actual show.
All I know about Dr Who is the guy that played Kilgrave in the Jessica Jones Netflix series played Dr Who for awhile
I like that it is a female, also Jodie Whittaker is very nice looking....

However, these episodes seem fairly bad. I know it always takes a bit to ramp up, with a new Doctor, but it seemed like the Capaldi ones got good pretty fast.

It isn't her, the stories are just kind of blah.
Step one, Female Dr.
Step two, Female romantic interest for Female Dr.
????
PROFIT!
I've enjoyed the four episodes aired so far. It still feels like the Doctor which is all I need.

The end of the Rosa Parks episode...ugh, I teared up so bad.
The episode with the spiders was freaky for me, as I already have a severe case arachnophobia, though I did feel sorry for the spider at the end when it suffocated to death for being too large.

I do agree with Derka, first five episodes have been good, there hasn't been much time for all the identity politics, it's just the Dr saving people as always.
I'm ok with this personally, partly because I've seen the actress in Broadchurch which I also loved. She was phenomenal. I honestly don't see the issue.

Yeah, it's something that hasn't happened before, but it shouldn't matter what gender the doctor ends up being. It's still the "same" character in a sense who just moves from body to body when the need arises.
Doctor who?
10/26/2018 02:40 AMPosted by Lymalia

Not all women think the same

As someone said before, that would normally be the case, but the timelord's used their regeneration energy to save/reward him for his valor in saving their home planet from complete destruction.
I had heard Dr who rating is dropping with some complaints about shows is has some PC. My worst fear has come true.
11/12/2018 06:05 AMPosted by Ghaghzull
I had heard Dr who rating is dropping with some complaints about shows is has some PC. My worst fear has come true.

I just watched the sixth episode today, I found it quite emotional and intense.

And for the record, it didn't exactly portray Hindus in a good light, which I would hardly call politically correct.
Eh. Doesn't feel like the same show. Not really my cup of tea anymore, regardless of who's playing the Doctor.
I love Doctor Who and I love the new doctor! The new episodes are fantastic and I can't wait to see more adventures!
I'm digging the series so far. Jodie's a damn good Doctor so far and I honestly really love the companions. Graham, Ryan and Yaz are great and terribly watchable.
11/12/2018 06:05 AMPosted by Ghaghzull
Categorically untrue. BBC ratings for Doctor Who right now are beating the last two seasons of Peter Capaldi (who I enjoyed) pretty significantly in terms of UK viewership. People complaining that it's become too PC are trolling.