DEMO Hotfix

Warlock
Overall damage has been increased an additional 8%

Shadowbolt
Now castable while moving, but reduces movement speed to 75%

Demonbolt
Damage has been increased by 15% (Changed from 200% since my numbers were WAY wrong before)

Hand of Gul'dan
Cooldown is reduced by 50% for every shard past the first

Felguard
Has been given uppercut. An interrupt on a 25 second cooldown

TALENTS
Grimoire: Felguard
Now has a 1.5 min cooldown

Netherportal
Now summons demons based on how many shards spent

Demonic Strength & Soulstrike
No longer use the global cooldown

The 2 most commonly cast spells have been given opportunity for movement to skew away from the turret based play-style but still keep the feel of the class the same. Additionally, Demonbolt has had its damage increased to better reflect its cast time and increase demonologies burst potential.

Felguard has been given a interrupt so demonology doesn't have to sacrifice damage to help interrupting spells. Demonology is all about being the master of demons, so forcing them to downgrade didn't feel in tune with its class fantasy. In addition, sacrificing your felguard for a interrupt negated 2 talent choices.

The Grimoire has been reduced to a 1.5 minute cooldown to better align with your tyrant and increase burst potential as well as burst AoE.

Netherportal has been modified to better reward players for skilled play rather than spell spamming.

Lastly the 2 Felguard talents have been taken off the global cooldown as they interfered too greatly with the flow of the class adding unneeded clunkiness to the class that needed to be streamlined.

This is all a dream
Then we wake up...
Is this a suggestion or am I just bad at finding where they post hotfixes?
09/14/2018 11:29 AMPosted by Sathrago
Is this a suggestion or am I just bad at finding where they post hotfixes?

pretty sure suggestion. Most of them are pretty good other than the demonbolt one.
hold this thumbs down for that clickbait title

i hope you never get a piece of gear that is your BiS, i hope you never find the love of your life and i hope your computer breaks down as soon as the next expansion is about to drop
Well it was fun until that last line.

May your only son be caught in a gay swine stampede.
09/14/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Adamswagem
hold this thumbs down for that clickbait title

i hope you never get a piece of gear that is your BiS, i hope you never find the love of your life and i hope your computer breaks down as soon as the next expansion is about to drop

;)
I thought this was real... :sob:
I'd be okay with them changing demonic core generation to when demons are summoned not when they fade.

That would fix the rotation a -lot- and remove a ton of the ramp up time, because we're the only class in the game right now that needs 3-5 seconds of ramp before our damage becomes decent, and 10+ seconds for our damage to become competitive.
Ban OP
09/14/2018 12:24 PMPosted by Beardhat
I'd be okay with them changing demonic core generation to when demons are summoned not when they fade.

That would fix the rotation a -lot- and remove a ton of the ramp up time, because we're the only class in the game right now that needs 3-5 seconds of ramp before our damage becomes decent, and 10+ seconds for our damage to become competitive.

This has the potential of causing a massive damage spiking loop that would end up breaking the class. Backloading the cores acts as more of a battery, storing potential power to throw at our enemy rather than front loading the cores, which would cause us to only cast HoG and Demonbolt on repeat until we come across an unlucky string of procs.
8% damage buff ontop of all those other buffs? lol.

whats up with the HoG cd? it looks like you left some stuff out, like that its instant but now has a cd, or something.
Demonic Strength and Soul Strike no longer need the warlock's LOS and are off the global cooldown.

Demonic Calling now makes Dreadstalkers cost zero shards.

Summon Vilefiend and Demonic Tyrant no longer have a cast time. They can stay on the GCD though.

Shadow Bolt now has a base cast time of 1.5-1.7 instead of 2 sec.

Maybe another 5-10% damage increase on Shadow Bolt.

This is all I want. Seriously. I could even do without the two Shadow Bolt changes too.
Demo is fine learn how to play your spec kid.
09/14/2018 11:03 AMPosted by Voshon
Shadowbolt
Now castable while moving, but reduces movement speed to 75%

this right here gave it away that this was fake lol. as much as we would all love this Blizzard hates fun.
09/14/2018 12:44 PMPosted by Voshon
This has the potential of causing a massive damage spiking loop that would end up breaking the class. Backloading the cores acts as more of a battery, storing potential power to throw at our enemy rather than front loading the cores, which would cause us to only cast HoG and Demonbolt on repeat until we come across an unlucky string of procs.
Well call dreadstalkers is on a cooldown and our only reliable way to generate core outside of the sac imp talent, the rest of our core comes from imps fading.

My issue with the rotation as it currently stands is that demonic tyrant creates a 15 second window where we do not generate demonic core at all.

Sure the numbers could be tweaked and tuned, but I feel like core being generated on summon and not on fading would do a lot to help smooth out the rotation, and reduce our insanely high ramp up time requirements by a lot
Not that I don't think Demo could use some assistance, but OPs changes would make Demo absurdly OP. The flat 8% damage increase alone would make us very strong, let alone the addition of so much mobility damage and Demonbolts that hit harder than Chaos Bolt.
I will totally admit that the 200% on demonbolt would be major overkill. I was wrong and mathed wrong.

8% Brings up to the top of middle of the pack as far as damage. The additional changes ensure we can do that damage and keep pace with other more mobile classes.

As far as demonbolt, I do now realize it is very over exagerated. Breaking down our damage this is on average how we usually look. (you may be different but this is on average)

24% - Felguard
18% Wild Imps
14% Demonbolt
10% Dreadstalkers
10% Shadowbolt
8% HoG
and the rest is filled by your chosen talents and other spells.

So based on this, with a 8% damage boost, Demon bolt would need about a 15% damage boost to bring us in line with the currently top preforming DPS.
09/14/2018 03:20 PMPosted by Mb
The flat 8% damage increase alone would make us very strong

You and I have very different opinions of what 'very strong' means. Moving from the bottom of the list to the 2nd to last is very strong?

8% damage increase, 11866.13 x 1.08 = 12815.42
12815.42 puts us barely ahead of Marksman who is #23 on the list

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#aggregate=amount

The total package might do it, but the raw damage increase certainly wouldn't.
Literally had me there for a second and I hate you for it