Stealth Nerf on Dark Iron Dwarf. STEALTH NERFS ARE NOT OKAY

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
09/15/2018 02:19 AMPosted by Hemrug
god forbid the alliance to have one good racial, horde gotta cry in droves for it to be smashed into the ground while their racials remain in their ridiculous state

Stop trying to make this a faction thing. That racial is broken and everybody knows it. It doesn't matter if its on the Horde or Alliance. Why do the Alliance try to make anything and everything a faction issue so they can cry about it?
09/14/2018 11:36 PMPosted by Animagi
09/14/2018 11:34 PMPosted by Annaillusion
Still OP and needs nerfed more.

Perhaps, but stealth nerfs are still not ok

/end thread.

You just admitted it was OP and needed. No need to cry any further, Alliance.
09/15/2018 01:43 AMPosted by Waisthigh
600 primary stats... thats a nerf to you? its basically a trinket. just like orc... oh wait...

Blood Fury Orc Racial
Instant 2 min cooldown
Requires level 1
Increases your attack power and Intellect by 400 for 15 sec.

200 to go guys, then we have balance.

Orc passive stun reduction? Go back to your Horde main
09/14/2018 11:31 PMPosted by Animagi
'm honestly confused why would Blizzard stealth nerf Fireblood racial. It used to grant 750 primary stat and 250 bonus for each effect removed (you now get 600 primary stat and 200 for each effect removed) and they changed it without mentioning it in hotfix notes.

Can we get a response what was the reasoning behind the decision, and especially why was it nerfed in non transparent way?

They are not ok but you will continue to give them your money and blizz will continue to apply stealth nerfs at their leisure. Things have ceased changing for the better, it just took me many years to see it myself :)
09/15/2018 02:28 AMPosted by Igyfarmyou
600 primary stats... thats a nerf to you? its basically a trinket. just like orc... oh wait...

Blood Fury Orc Racial
Instant 2 min cooldown
Requires level 1

I tested Hardiness on Hammer of Justice (Paladins 5 Second stun)
It only shaves off .5 seconds

Not even a full second.
09/15/2018 02:33 AMPosted by Camshow
09/15/2018 02:28 AMPosted by Igyfarmyou

I tested Hardiness on Hammer of Justice (Paladins 5 Second stun)
It only shaves off .5 seconds

Not even a full second.

if you want them to buff you, you have to encourage everybody to be orc. once everyone is orc, then they will buff you. since horde already have the most players, it wont be as hard as trying to get them to change faction as well. just need to convince everybody to be orc. or at least a large portion.

however, to get people to roll orc, you have to appeal to their vanity. and since orcs have faces based on boars, this is not likely.
It's not as op as people are making it. It doesn't even last that long and its easily avoidable.

We do not need to be nerfed any more. Thanks.
09/15/2018 02:52 AMPosted by Khagrir
It's not as op as people are making it. It doesn't even last that long and its easily avoidable.

We do not need to be nerfed any more. Thanks.

you're alliance. you will be nerfed. alliance are player controlled npcs. we're just here to give the horde entertainment. it is not mutual. we arent a faction. we're a convenience.

Blood Fury Orc Racial
Instant 2 min cooldown
Requires level 1

Does the word nuance mean anything to you?

It makes sense for the DID racial to give more stats than Fireblood because Fireblood is more situational. It would be a waste to use it when you're not afflicted by something to maximize value.

But if you want to say someone's using it just for the base buff, it's still less good than Blood Fury because Blood Fury lasts almost x2 as long as Fireblood.

Let's look at Fireball spell. It deals 59% of spell power as damage. So assuming no gear or Intellect and only factoring in the racials, that would mean Fireball would do:

Dark Iron Dwarf - 354 per cast
Orc - 236 per cast

DID's racial only lasts for 8 seconds and Fireball has a 2.25 second cast time which means they'll get 3 casts. 354 x 3 = 1062 damage.

Orc's racial lasts 15 seconds and Fireball has a 2.25 cast time which means they'll get 6 casts. 236 x 6 = 1416 damage.

In this scenario, Blood Fury is the superior racial.

That being said, obviously DID racial can snowball and will be superior to Blood Fury (it'll take 3 effects purged to beat Blood Fury) but the fact is, it's balanced just fine.
09/14/2018 11:49 PMPosted by Hexadecimal
09/14/2018 11:45 PMPosted by Hnetu
Knock that off.

...No?

Blood elf posters really are the best posters lol
Most races would trade their best racial for that even if it awarded no stats at all.
No. It is stupid OP and if was smacked with the bat....you will survive. Really. Do you know how many things out in the world are buffed and nerfed without you knowing? Seriously move on.
09/14/2018 11:34 PMPosted by Annaillusion
Still OP and needs nerfed more.

god forbid blizzard gives horde raiders/pvpers a racial to swap to alliance for
Make something OP so everyone spends money and time to get it, then nerf it later. Rinse and repeat. Pretty much anything new they usually put out it happens.
09/15/2018 12:32 AMPosted by Kyveli
I like that it's been nerfed 4 times since people started hitting exalted with the 7th, and all of them were undocumented.

09/15/2018 12:28 AMPosted by Annaillusion
However in this case the Dark Iron racial is making it feel bad to play as a horde warlock.
And Arcane Torrent, Blood Fury, Hardiness, Voodoo Shuffle, Berserking, and Rocket Jump make it feel bad to play an Alliance character at all. But you're right, Fireblood is the obvious problem.
are you actually crying about voodoo shuffle when the gnome racial exists?
09/14/2018 11:49 PMPosted by Hexadecimal
09/14/2018 11:45 PMPosted by Hnetu
Knock that off.

...No?

The League of Nations became upset with Japan after WW I, the Japanese began taking several islands that were belonging to the French and Chinese Governments.

League of Nations: Japan! You're a member of the league of nations! We're not supposed to be conquering lands and starting wars!

Japan: ...

Leage of Nations: Japan! Stop trying to take over the world!

Japan: ...How bout I do, anyway?

"This is what I thought when I read your stupid post."
09/15/2018 05:18 AMPosted by Saelara

Blood Fury Orc Racial
Instant 2 min cooldown
Requires level 1

Does the word nuance mean anything to you?

It makes sense for the DID racial to give more stats than Fireblood because Fireblood is more situational. It would be a waste to use it when you're not afflicted by something to maximize value.

But if you want to say someone's using it just for the base buff, it's still less good than Blood Fury because Blood Fury lasts almost x2 as long as Fireblood.

Let's look at Fireball spell. It deals 59% of spell power as damage. So assuming no gear or Intellect and only factoring in the racials, that would mean Fireball would do:

Dark Iron Dwarf - 354 per cast
Orc - 236 per cast

DID's racial only lasts for 8 seconds and Fireball has a 2.25 second cast time which means they'll get 3 casts. 354 x 3 = 1062 damage.

Orc's racial lasts 15 seconds and Fireball has a 2.25 cast time which means they'll get 6 casts. 236 x 6 = 1416 damage.

In this scenario, Blood Fury is the superior racial.

That being said, obviously DID racial can snowball and will be superior to Blood Fury (it'll take 3 effects purged to beat Blood Fury) but the fact is, it's balanced just fine.

Quoting you because I like people who do the math. Leave my racial alone.
Coming from a dark iron dwarf himself it was OP when leveling in dungeons I kept taking aggro from the tank even when I used my drop threat ability. My dps was way higher than everyone elses in every dungeon as well.
The thing I find interesting about the nerf is if it was too good why did it go live? It isn't as if it wasn't tested in beta.

Does blizz not pay one bit of attention to the numbers when things are tested in beta? It really doesn't look like it does it, because look how much they've nerfed since the expansion went live.
It seems a little strong to me. Mainly just because of the stat + stat per effect purged. When some classes rely so heavily on dots it seems like a completely overkill talent just to !@#$ with sin rogues, unholy dks, and aff warlocks. The sheer amount of stats you'd be able to reliably gain while fighting one of those is just a little over the top.

I'd be totally cool with it offering no base stats and only stats for purged effects, or only stat baseline and no additional for purged effects (with tuning to values accordingly) but having both at those values just seems a tad high.

Just fighting a sin rogue who would keep up just 3 effects (and can't really fight you without them) would give the person 1200 stat points for 8 seconds.

at 355 ilvl I have 4864 agility.
That would push me to 6064 or a roughly 25% increase to the base stat value. That's just seems a little high.

Most racials seem about as powerful as the best / strongest trinkets. But this one is potentially far more powerful than any +stat trinket I've even purging a modest amount of effects.

also yes. I'm horde. Yes. I'm a troll. No, I don't think I'm being biased.