Stealth Nerf on Dark Iron Dwarf. STEALTH NERFS ARE NOT OKAY

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
09/14/2018 11:34 PMPosted by Annaillusion
Still OP and needs nerfed more.

lmao coming from a horde this is hilarious
It was nerfed little over 2 weeks ago, it didn't happen today its been 600 for awhile.
09/15/2018 09:50 AMPosted by Xíang
09/14/2018 11:34 PMPosted by Annaillusion
Still OP and needs nerfed more.

lmao coming from a horde this is hilarious

I'm not sure why people keep saying this, either.

Have you seen my racials?

Hell it took til draenor to even get something that effects my dps, and it still only effects it by like 0.3%

Either bring us all to the dark iron racial level, or lower the dark iron racial to be more in line with everyone else. That's just balance 101. It coming from a horde player doesn't make it any less true, and 1 or 2 horde races being OP in the past doesn't change this.
09/14/2018 11:39 PMPosted by Hexadecimal
Irony coming from a Horde poster.

Is it? Is it really? Do you want to think about that for a little bit longer?

I miss how Arcane Torrent used to silence people.

Apparently enough casters complained that once in a while a Blood Elf player would remember they could do that and it was just too much for them to be silenced for an agonizing 2 seconds on a 2 minute cool down.
09/15/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Kenshimoo
That's just balance 101.

So would making the warfront gear issue fair, by giving Alliance the same grace period of a few days of loot rain, like what happened with horde.

That would be fair, no? Think Blizz will do it?
09/15/2018 05:18 AMPosted by Saelara
09/15/2018 01:43 AMPosted by Waisthigh
600 primary stats... thats a nerf to you? its basically a trinket. just like orc... oh wait...

Blood Fury Orc Racial
Instant 2 min cooldown
Requires level 1
Increases your attack power and Intellect by 400 for 15 sec.

200 to go guys, then we have balance.

Does the word nuance mean anything to you?

It makes sense for the DID racial to give more stats than Fireblood because Fireblood is more situational. It would be a waste to use it when you're not afflicted by something to maximize value.

But if you want to say someone's using it just for the base buff, it's still less good than Blood Fury because Blood Fury lasts almost x2 as long as Fireblood.

Let's look at Fireball spell. It deals 59% of spell power as damage. So assuming no gear or Intellect and only factoring in the racials, that would mean Fireball would do:

Dark Iron Dwarf - 354 per cast
Orc - 236 per cast

DID's racial only lasts for 8 seconds and Fireball has a 2.25 second cast time which means they'll get 3 casts. 354 x 3 = 1062 damage.

Orc's racial lasts 15 seconds and Fireball has a 2.25 cast time which means they'll get 6 casts. 236 x 6 = 1416 damage.

In this scenario, Blood Fury is the superior racial.

That being said, obviously DID racial can snowball and will be superior to Blood Fury (it'll take 3 effects purged to beat Blood Fury) but the fact is, it's balanced just fine.

Everyone should look at the math.
Math doesn't lie to you. It doesn't presume faction bias.
Math is math.
09/15/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Evilmuffins
09/15/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Kenshimoo
That's just balance 101.

So would making the warfront gear issue fair, by giving Alliance the same grace period of a few days of loot rain, like what happened with horde.

That would be fair, no? Think Blizz will do it?

It's pretty fair yeah. My alliance character has gotten just as much gear as my tauren here along with 1000+ order resources, though my horde would probably get more if I cared to spam the scenario. But hey, alliance will get it in a week or two and then this forum will fill with complaints of horde players claiming alliance bias despite us having zone access and a world boss.

Will be fun.
But I thought racials didn't matter. That's what the Horde keep telling me while pretending Shadowmeld and Wisp Spirit are the best thing ever.
Ah well. Balancing I guess.
It's not something that's likely to affect me, as I've never chased the top racial for X activity, nor do I do anything more than dabble in pvp.

To the extent that I care about something enough for racial traits to matter, it would be pve.

Having said that, philosophically, I don't think that racial traits should be a difference-maker, or overwhelming, compared to what other races offer.

It's a fine line, since I do think that some gameplay variety among the races is a positive thing, and important for the overall design. It would be extremely dull if the choice of a particular race didn't impact gameplay at all.

So it's about tuning and tweaking.
09/15/2018 09:26 AMPosted by Verbatim
09/15/2018 09:21 AMPosted by Drunkovsky
You realize they only gave them OP racials to encourage people to buy race changes and once most people already did that they were always going to nerf them.

Genuinely curious here, do you also believe in a flat earth or that the earth was created 10,000 years ago?

Yeah because believing in greedy business practices is equivalent to rejecting scientific and historical records, video evidence, and so on. Durr.
I don't think there's anyone who'll argue that Fireblood in its previous iteration was a bit OP. Its nerfing was, quite frankly, expected.

The bonuses are still quite significant. If anything, it may not have been nerfed enough.
At least for PvP, it's incredibly busted damage. Even the basic 750 stat buff was better than most trinkets.

I hope there's some sort of cap on stats you can get by removing debuffs/Dots, because it's fairly common to get like 5-10 Debuffs/DoTs on you in BGs.
09/14/2018 11:39 PMPosted by Hexadecimal
Is it? Is it really? Do you want to think about that for a little bit longer?

I miss how Arcane Torrent used to silence people.

Apparently enough casters complained that once in a while a Blood Elf player would remember they could do that and it was just too much for them to be silenced for an agonizing 2 seconds on a 2 minute cool down.

If that's the you were using it, then I'm sorry son but you obviously were in the bottom end of the Horde.
Good blood elves would use it to keep the silence going long enough until you died, those 2 seconds we're added to an almost 10 sec suppression
Idk why they couldn’t had added in the last hot fix patch notes . It’s been known for a while
09/15/2018 08:50 AMPosted by Aeriya
ROTFL at all the Horde players crying about OP facials

Your tears are delicious

hmmmm

What happens on RP servers stays on RP servers.
09/15/2018 02:57 AMPosted by Pôwder
you're alliance. you will be nerfed. alliance are player controlled npcs. we're just here to give the horde entertainment. it is not mutual. we arent a faction. we're a convenience.

QFT for future refence.
DiD will still be one of the best if not the best so it's chill friends.
By the time it's all over I bet it's down to 100.
09/14/2018 11:31 PMPosted by Animagi
'm honestly confused why would Blizzard stealth nerf Fireblood racial. It used to grant 750 primary stat and 250 bonus for each effect removed (you now get 600 primary stat and 200 for each effect removed) and they changed it without mentioning it in hotfix notes.

Can we get a response what was the reasoning behind the decision, and especially why was it nerfed in non transparent way?

You probably arent aware, but you are still participating in Beta. Live is a few years away. They need time to figure out the numbers, give them some slack.