How's Boomkin at the Moment?

Druid
09/19/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Sagitarius
09/19/2018 11:33 AMPosted by Tenderloins
Method just cleared world first mythic and boomkin was top dps on last boss that took over 320 pulls. So boomkin is in a good spot for M+ and Raiding.

It's a little (a lot) presumptuous to declare good for raiding from this.

Was it a fight where some dps were able to AOE all the adds while others did mechanics or ran orbs, and that person happened to be the one who got to AOE the most? If they had to run one of the orbs at the end, then they got to AOE to full whereas most of the others didn't.

Also remember that those left behind to AOE also have a %25 damage buff.

Considerations like these are why one data point is often not so great. Though, with a result like this, it's at least a possible point that the spec isn't entirely terrible. I can imagine that the way the AOE works for chiken is really good for this fight, relative to other spec's AOE, too.. Long lasting, semi-spread adds.

The Druid ran orbs. I find this impressive since he was #1 DPS against arguably the best players in the world playing other class/specs.
09/19/2018 05:27 AMPosted by Synsha

As I always say though... Unless you're pushing bleeding edge content, just play what you enjoy playing. Simply playing better will yield better results than hopping to the latest FotM class.

Tell that to shamans. Declined in mythic +2s
tl:dr druids have a lot of utility but not top dps.

You won't likely be top DPS, if that's the only way you judge your play. You might top DPS on long living trash pulls, but likely never on bosses. Even with 3 stacking appropriate traits, you won't likely be top DPS unless the other DPS are just bad. However, that doesn't mean the class is useless. I don't know how many times I've saved a M+ run with the utility boomy brings to the table. Treants are a blessing at higher m+ keys, giving the tank and healer about 10 seconds of time to breath. AoE silence can be phenomenal. Roots/knockback are useful for mass interrupts or kiting mobs. Roots can be useful as a soft CC. Offheals can save the day. Brez can save a run. Temporarily tanking when a tank goes down can save a run.
Method just cleared world first mythic and boomkin was top dps on last boss that took over 320 pulls. So boomkin is in a good spot for M+ and Raiding.

***BREAKING NEWS***

Boomkin tops charts during heavy dot cleave fight

Boomkins universally declared the best dps ever because of one fight that caters to their strengths. Blizzard need not tune this spec any further, nor its traits!

I also pull crazy numbers on G'huun because of how the encounter works

Moonfire
Sunfire
Twin Moons
Power of the Moon x3
DoT the Eyeballs and Cysts

Enjoy being top DPS
09/19/2018 03:04 PMPosted by Paoweesh
If you decide to pug your content. Then you knew the ****show you're joining. Where even a 1% decrease in output automatically blacklists a spec or a class. Are there things wrong with shammies? Sure. Are they so bad that the dungeons are literally impossible with one in the group? Absolutely not.

If you pug, then accept that you're going to be at the whim of what the community deems is optimal (and then bend to their will where they conflate optimal and viable). The most laughable part of it is that their perception is built upon the top 0.01% of players who are using strats that the vast majority of players have no chance to pull off.

Long story short. Find friends. Play with them. Play what you enjoy.
09/19/2018 03:16 PMPosted by Aioeyu
tl:dr druids have a lot of utility but not top dps.

You won't likely be top DPS, if that's the only way you judge your play. You might top DPS on long living trash pulls, but likely never on bosses. Even with 3 stacking appropriate traits, you won't likely be top DPS unless the other DPS are just bad. However, that doesn't mean the class is useless. I don't know how many times I've saved a M+ run with the utility boomy brings to the table. Treants are a blessing at higher m+ keys, giving the tank and healer about 10 seconds of time to breath. AoE silence can be phenomenal. Roots/knockback are useful for mass interrupts or kiting mobs. Roots can be useful as a soft CC. Offheals can save the day. Brez can save a run. Temporarily tanking when a tank goes down can save a run.

Also intervate :D
Moonkin is being propped up heavily by traits right now. Streaking Stars is the biggest offender.

The baseline spec needs a buff and traits need to be nerfed. It feels horrible to have a 370 azerite piece in my bag that is lower DPS than my 340 because of traits.
09/19/2018 03:04 PMPosted by Paoweesh
09/19/2018 05:27 AMPosted by Synsha

As I always say though... Unless you're pushing bleeding edge content, just play what you enjoy playing. Simply playing better will yield better results than hopping to the latest FotM class.

But any class would be denied at 112
I got declined from a normal Uldir PUG even though I said I was balanced and not feral. I mainly get invites as Resto/Guardian.
09/20/2018 07:19 AMPosted by Beasts
I got declined from a normal Uldir PUG even though I said I was balanced and not feral. I mainly get invites as Resto/Guardian.

probably because you were balance and not feral. feral can actually pull it's weight.
09/18/2018 11:22 PMPosted by Auriga
DPS charts show bottom of barrel, but then I see a thread on how awesome they are in M+. I'm debating which 110 to raise to 120 next, as it's not a small time investment.

Thanks!

I've not had trouble keeping up with DPS. I will say this though: I excel waaaay more at utility and saving people's butts than most other classes. FoN has saved more groups than I can count, and tossing an off-heal or two out to help heals has saved us a few times as well, without denting my DPS enough to notice.