No doomsaying Post what you would like

Monk
I am very hopeful that we will see buffs in 8.1. Post some ideas you would like so we can get past the negativity.

-Energy per sec on RJW removed or energy cost of tiger palm reduced. We don't use haste so the whole class feels slow and clunky. In legion I was able to really get into the fighting feeling.

-FoF stun. Yes we all want this back. I don't think its that bad to give it back because our power spike is in our cool downs. This gives us that time to at least get it partially out.

-Because energy on tiger palm is so high it feels like it takes so long to set any combos up or on demand damage when moving from one pack to another in M+ or having to hard switch to adds in raids. If our energy elixir or strike is on cd at 0 chi we have to wait 3 globals to get our fists of fury then another 2 for wdp. A demonhunter can eyebeam. I play catch up the whole time on dps until cds are up.

We took a huge hit on the blackout kick nerf but its forced us to use our other skills which I prefer. Before the kick nerf it was like playing a sub rogue in legion. Our dps is high but we are honestly just hitting one thing with RsK combos and that wasnt a fun play style. I think most of us liked ww because it was like playing a fast paced fighter. Lets do that again!
  • Make Fists of the White Tiger cost no energy and allow its cd to be shortened by using BOK, just like RSK and FOF.
  • Redistribute all damage from karma into FOF and RSK.
  • Reduce Tiger's energy cost.
  • If they do 2/3 from above, I'll be happy.
    Along with what has been said above, turn Touch of Karma from an offensive move to a healing move, healing for the damage absorbed.
    Blizz to remove/rework the LVL15 Mistweaver talent Chi Wave......
    Energizer elixir is a terrible talent on the gcd. There is no way it’s in the same league as the other two talents kills my brain just thinking about how bad it is. Need to make it restore all chi and no energy maybe? It would altleast be worth trying and might be the best option but for right now energizer elixir might as well not even be in the game.

Our rising sun kick damage without it empowered on players is ok if you wanted to get into a pillow fight but not if you wanted to actually kill something. Funny how you can go from doing 50% or someone’s life with a crit in one global to doing 4% of somebodies life with a crit. Terrible way to “balance” a game.

Fists of fury doesn’t do enough damage for it to be threatening. You can channel a full fists of fury on a shadowpriests face and your lucky if it does about 20% of his hp for a move that lasts 3 seconds this isn’t enough. It should practically kill him, it is the iconic monk ability that you need to stop in order to not die, jk it’s just for energy regeneration and to get up your dragon punch and provides a wall with the pvp talent. But it isn’t threating at all.

The playstyle for me feels fine without the rising sun kick damage( sucks that you have to try and get new gear after the time spent getting the old stuff which was now a waste of time. Which I still say makes this game kind of unplayable and if something like that happens again no chance I’ll ever play again.) but simply the base damage of monks is low. It might come out with you being high on the damage meter but you know your just a machine gun for tiny amounts or physical damage. Playing brewmaster over wind walker in pvp right now honestly something worth taking into consideration because the damage from windwalker doesn’t feel threating enough and you were already just like a glass cannon.

A windwalker monk is pretty much a glass cannon with no damage midigation no self heals at all in pve, in pvp with control the mist you have about 20% the healing of a feral druid and classes like rogues still have potential to out heal you. We are a melee class so subsepable to phsyical damage no base line ability to slow down ranged damage plus no stuns and very little ccs to control ranged attackers.

All in all the playstyle feels fine but if we got a 5-15% agility boost and touch of karma damage is changed into healing that could be a simple way to save a butchered spec.
    Cd lowered and duration increased for paralyse
    I would REALLY MOST OF ALL like a rework of hit combo from something passive to something active and interesting. Make it awesome and put it in the 100 talent row. Put chi orbit in its place and get rid of that passive new SEF talent.

Hit combo:
    45 second cooldown and off gcd. 7 second duration or until a combo is achieved.
    Gain access to a new ability based on the sequence of attacks performed during hit combo.

1) whirlwind kicks - teleport between enemies, briefly stunning and delivering a flurry of aoe kicks. Requires leg sweep > blackout kick > rising sun kick > spinning crane kick

2) knockout punch - brace yourself, briefly rooting in place as you charge up massive finishing blow that knocks the target off their feet. Requires disable > tiger palm > blackout kick > tiger palm > fists of fury.

3) lightning crane kick - leap to the target at breakneck speed, delivering a frontal cone roundhouse. Requires tiger palm > blackout kick > flying serpent kick.

4) chi beam - fires a condensed spirit beam, blasting all targets in a line with chi energy. Reactivate to teleport behind the last target hit. Requires chi wave/blast > jade lightning

So the possibilities and combination are endless. I dont think it would be that hard. Here I gave an aoe option with some cc, a big single target hit, and a nice gap closer. The gap closer is particularly good for any time you have to run out with spinning crane kick and want to get back quickly.

Really you could do anything. Hit combo should be the essence of the spec and how it plays. Why not go street fighter on this?
    They need to rework FoF to be threatning. Like said above it is iconic monk ability that currently hits like noodles. It feels so bad to use now. Everything else is fine.
    #unprune.
    Stop the prune and just give WOD or MOP WW back because both had depth, tools/utility, self sustainability, and many fun talent abilities to choose from. I don't see the class ever going back, or being overhauled completely, so I'll just request anything that brings back its old class fantasy™ identity.

- Fists of Fury stuns again, even if it only stuns our primary target.
    - Paralysis cooldown set to 30 seconds or less to match Fists of Fury for setups.
    - Bring back Hurricane Strike.
    - Bring back Zen Meditaton (MOP version that redirects spells)
    Obviously they hate serenity. Its the only reason the RSK was any good with the new cooldown reduction mechanic. If they legit put Tigereye brew in that slot of Serenity I would choose it and be happy even if I missed out on WDP.

Too me playing monk in Pand was the best thing, I remember going down to the timeless isles or heck even exploit a lil bug right in the shrine of seven stars where you go under the town set your port right at the lil spot with the invisible wall you can jump out and get back in and run around by their transmog guy and kill the alliance as they come in.

The thing that made monk so fun to play back then was

#1 Self healing. You were this extremely mobile class and you had healingsphere as your main heal costing energy but it was spamable, you could Flying Serpent Kick behind this pilar and heal up to full almost instantly, or even try your luck popping your tigereye energizing elixer which used to restore energy over time so you could spam heals even faster with increased healing from tigereye brew. So you could do this and still have enough energy and chi to pop off some sick moves too your opponent acompanied by a baseline Xuen the White Tiger a boss while you have increased damage and healing while you healed to full while being offensive and defensive all in your big play you spent your time building your stacks up to 14, 15 to continue the flow going on for something no other class had, unpredicibility, they have their little cooldowns on timers, we had built up burst of healing and damage.

#2 Unique rotation. As a WW you had this choice of the way you managed your rotation because you generated tigereye brew by the amount of chi spent, so often times in an arena match for example I am facing a dk healer, we meet in the center of the match on the map with 4 pillars I pop my xuen and spam tiger palm to get the most chi I can for energy, to maximize his dps hes often going to pop his burst right away and try and chop me down but I can now port behind the pillar incap him with a 15 sec incap and kite but as soon as I am engaged with him next I have full energy and full chi and his burst is over and now is the time the ww starts to bring the fight into his zone. Note you also had expel harm which allowed to you generate 2 chi and deal a small amount of spell damage, but most importantly it generated chi and you could fist of fury anywhere, you didnt require a target. so you are spending your chi stacking up your burst kiting cooldowns. Note crane kick costed energy but I remember the damage being pretty good for aoeing down mobs for quests or something. As a WW right when the gates are open you are trying to build your tigereye brew because that was your win condition get that as fast as possible and it was practically an enrage timer, heck, if you were even really in trouble you would pop at 5 stacks just to get the extra healing and be a little bit more of a threat. You also had storm earth fire which allowed you to make copies of yourself and put them on another player and it would copy your moves. Its hilarious but this version of storm earth fire was so good compared to the one we have now besides the numbers on single target but that was just because of scaling.

#3 Touch of karma back then was INSANE compared to now. I see all the monks saying oh ya lets nerf that give us some damage. I agree, but back in mop the damage redirected by karma was endless I am telling you. There was no little okay if I spec into this they probably arent going to get threw it even if there is 2 or 3 of them PROBABLY. Back in Mop you could use that in the middle of their whole battleground and I gaurentee the guy you put it on is dieing before you start to take damage. Not only that all the damage you took instead healed you instantly! youd use it at 1 hp and youd just see your life spike to full and people seemed to have no idea about monks back then they hit you anyway!

Monks were the only class to have a unique damaging style im guessing they took this away because people would just get 20 stacks of tigereye and then be all hot and ready for that raid boss. They then found that impossible to scale so they took it away and tried to bring it back in a pvp talent and failed horribly.

Lets talk about the way fist of fury operated. This was a move costing 3 chi castable anytime you had 3 chi and contributed to generating stacks of tigereye ontop of that as a baseline stuned players for 3 or 4 seconds. Yes this move did alot of damage if you had tigereye popped with them in a stun it was awesome. When you pressed that button you were stunning, gaining stacks, doing mad damage and having a great time because you also had another 5 second aoe stun on like a 45 sec cd. as well as an incap on a 10 or 15 sec cd at a 15-25 yard range I wasn't that good at the game even back then I didnt know much about drs for the incap and stuff like that I was coming back to the game from playing a little bit in BC as a subrogue and enhance shaman, but it felt good I needed that incap to stop attackers from just having their way with me because im this squishy mobile class that couldn't go toe to toe with a warrior unless I had a lot of stacks hot and ready. So I had this incap which helped in every situation you were in EVER and weve had this on every version of monk ever. WHY TAKE IT AWAY IN BFA. EVERYONE HATES IT.
    I think most of us liked ww because it was like playing a fast paced fighter. Lets do that again

Please don’t say most of us and say you. I love the serenity play style and more than upset about its nerf, this is the second time the serenity play style has been gutted and it’s really starting to get annoying.

We had options, now it’s dagger in the back, one of our spec traits and spec defining trait is gutted almost on the same level as something dumb liked combined might.

It’s pretty bad.

On that note, I would like to see SR nerf to stay the same but make it that it only requires one BoK.

Also, I would like to see better pvp talents, a sharpened blade verison talents for monks, increasing PvP damage and healing reduce effect of RsK.

So far that’d make me more than happy.
    09/19/2018 09:51 AMPosted by Nexius
    Stop the prune and just give WOD or MOP WW back because both had depth, tools/utility, self sustainability, and many fun talent abilities to choose from. I don't see the class ever going back, or being overhauled completely, so I'll just request anything that brings back its old class fantasy™ identity.

- Fists of Fury stuns again, even if it only stuns our primary target.
    - Paralysis cooldown set to 30 seconds or less to match Fists of Fury for setups.
    - Bring back Hurricane Strike.
    - Bring back Zen Meditaton (MOP version that redirects spells)

did you even play wod? They had to have a DEV member sit down and play to show them how bad ww was. Then we only got like a 5% rsk buff. it was terrible. Also jumping chi torpedo dps? That was a pain in the !@#. MOP monk was flavor of the year. We were kings because we were the new class. Yes i do miss some of the abilities like SFB or sparring but overall they need to rework this class because we are having an identity crisis. We have a mastery that encourages a different ability every global but get punished with azerite traits that give us the top damage, but then nerf those traits to garbage to encourage rogue playstyle with dagger in the back? It doesn't make sense. Im waiting to see what they will buff in the next week but as of right now we need more sustained damage outside TOK and TOD. TOK rework. Unpruning some of our abilities to give us some mobility or utility that we lost amongst all xpacs and besides all that i don't feel that underpowered. I do fine in arenas, do fine in raiding but right now it just feels like the whole xpac was rushed and never tested.

09/19/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Omnipotentjc
    the damage redirected by karma was endless I am telling you

Potentially endless but still capped at our hp. TOD was also more powerful being an instant KO at 10% no matter what defensive. IT would do your targets Hp like x10 over to kill them. I remember karmaing that dot and it ticking for over 500k/s.

Incap being on a 45 sec cd is a little long and having it back to what it was is basically giving us 2 interrupts which isn't fair. Somewhere in the middle ground or encourage the mastery we have to reduce cooldowns based on the number of moves we do not repeat??? Would be interesting? spitballing here but honestly something needs to be looked at with mastery, our defensives, core abilities and the abilities we've had in the past.
    I mean, monk needs a little more CC.. you go against a rogue, warrior, or dh and you are like damn.. I used to be able to CC like you. Now I have a 3 second stun on a 1 minute cd and a 45 second para...

I'd rather tod be more like it used to be honestly. Also if warriors charge every execute, my tiger palm should charge me too ;)

Not to mention, in pvp our damage sucks compared to rogue/warrior/dh...
    Everyone lost stuns. Getting stun back on FoF is never gonna happen. At best we could hope for was a snare/root.

Nerf ToD and Karma damage. Buff FoF damage, maybe give it a snare. Bring back healing elixirs.

Take Crane off GCD, maybe let it break CC, it does cost a !@#$load of mana afterall. Give healing elixirs auto proc at low life again.
    09/19/2018 05:49 AMPosted by Yùlóng
    Along with what has been said above, turn Touch of Karma from an offensive move to a healing move, healing for the damage absorbed.

I honestly want this. I really don't like how ToK is a decent chunk of my damage.

Reduce tiger palm energy.
    Give glyph for jab to be in place of tiger palm.
    FotWT should be chi based and provide energy return.
    Ascension energy increase based upon mastery.
    Emperors compactor returned as a talent.
    did you even play wod?

Of course! I was one of the few that didn't complain about WOD at the time, excluding 6.0 when we were the considered the worst pvp class.

was WOD WW a letdown compared to MOP WW? Sure, but compared to Legion and BFA? I very much prefer WOD. There was so much depth to the class still, little things like maximising self healing from Healing Elixirs when it was a passive 15% proc every 18 sec.

It felt good having so many stacks of TEB through Chi Explosion. I'd get 10 stacks before every Fists of Fury, giving me a SEF/Serenity every 25 seconds instead of 1.5 min. Touch of Death was a really fun execute ability, now it's a boring "slap and forget" cooldown with no flavor. We had Paralysis/Sweep/FOF stun for setups similar to rogue. Hurricane Strike was a ton of fun to mess around with. It was, and still is, my favourite ability. Chi Burst actually did damage and was integrated into our burst rotation; another ability I love. The glyph system was a lot of fun to mess around with. The old SEF that was a niche, cleave ability is way better than the boring CD that it is now. Fists of Fury actually did damage; it could one shot people.

I'm sure I'm forgetting more, but WOD WW was so much more fun to me than BFA/Legion WW. This is from a PVP perspective of course. Legion/BFA WW in PVE is pretty fun still, but still not as fun as WOD/MOP for me personally. Just a matter of opinion.
    For blizzard to add something truly new and unique to the spec, and that would be increasing returns to scale on our 2ndary stats. It's something no other specs have, and it could probably carry us through most nerfs blizzard puts us through.

Though, i would take an energy cost reduction to Tiger Palm by like 10-15 energy.

09/19/2018 01:05 PMPosted by Dragon
    I mean, monk needs a little more CC.. you go against a rogue, warrior, or dh and you are like damn.. I used to be able to CC like you. Now I have a 3 second stun on a 1 minute cd and a 45 second para...

I'd rather tod be more like it used to be honestly. Also if warriors charge every execute, my tiger palm should charge me too ;)

Not to mention, in pvp our damage sucks compared to rogue/warrior/dh...

Funny you should say that. We actually used to have a PvP talent called Rushing Tiger Palm that basically turned Tiger Palm into a charge except instead of a root, it was a 25% snare. I miss that.
    It felt good having so many stacks of TEB through Chi Explosion. I'd get 10 stacks before every Fists of Fury, giving me a SEF/Serenity every 25 seconds instead of 1.5 min. Touch of Death was a really fun execute ability, now it's a boring "slap and forget" cooldown with no flavor. We had Paralysis/Sweep/FOF stun for setups similar to rogue. Hurricane Strike was a ton of fun to mess around with. It was, and still is, my favourite ability. Chi Burst actually did damage and was integrated into our burst rotation; another ability I love. The glyph system was a lot of fun to mess around with. The old SEF that was a niche, cleave ability is way better than the boring CD that it is now. Fists of Fury actually did damage; it could one shot people.

Most of my WW monk memories from WoD are from Highmaul because I quit the game after my guild finished normal -- all my problems were with WoD, not the monk.

I miss Chi Explosion a lot. It made AoE feel super bursty. I'd save up chi if I knew adds were coming out in a boss fight just so I could get a huge 4 chi Chi (lol) Explosion off. I also think it's one of the prettiest abilities to be in the game ever, right next to Breath of the Serpent, which was also from WoD! Even though the expac sucked, I do miss a lot of abilities from that time.

You always knew you were doing a ton of damage when you popped that 10 stack TEB off. It sucked to start fights at 0 stacks but once I got rolling I didn't want to stop. It had such a good rhythm. I really really liked that the whole spec felt like one *huge* rotation -- like each 10 stack TEB usage was one "cycle", so to speak.

Sometimes I miss Tiger Palm and Jab being separate abilities. It might just be because I liked the Combo Breaker: Tiger Palm graphic lol. I guess it added to the rhythm of the rotation though.

Edit: even though it's dumb, I miss that I got to be green or red with SEF sometimes instead of always blue like I am now. :(
    I know I'm double posting but it warrants an additional post.

WW was SO tanky in WoD -- you could have Chi Wave (most effective when playing solo), Zen Meditation, Fortifying Brew, Touch of Karma, and Expel Harm. On top of all this, you could have Diffuse Magic or Healing Elixir. It felt like we had an answer for everything.

Now when I take damage it's either enough to use ToK on for DPS or hope that the Eye of the Tiger HoT will be enough.