Dreadwake

General Discussion
Mount gets added to the game as a "promotional item" and people somehow have issues with it. Is there anything people won't cry about these days? GD is so cringy. Wish it was actually General Discussion of WoW, seems to be General Complaints.

Probably the most interesting part is that if you look at the complaint posts, they are ALWAYS people with thousands of previous posts.
09/19/2018 12:03 PMPosted by Latensify
Mount gets added to the game as a "promotional item" and people somehow have issues with it. Is there anything people won't cry about these days? GD is so cringy. Wish it was actually General Discussion of WoW, seems to be General Complaints.

Probably the most interesting part is that if you look at the complaint posts, they are ALWAYS people with thousands of previous posts.

It’s promoting laziness and poor game design by decreasing any incentive to fix bfa’s dodo butter systems. You would be ok if I promoted child slavery?
It's a boat without water walking. If it had water walking, it would further incentivize the purchase. Do it Blizz.
09/20/2018 08:40 AMPosted by Lemires
It's a boat without water walking. If it had water walking, it would further incentivize the purchase. Do it Blizz.

That really should be a thing, good call.
It's an obvious cash grab and a desperate attempt to lock people in for six months. Honestly this does not bode well for 8.1
The ship needs to be able to work on water. I think that is where the disconnect is between Blizz and the people who are complaining.

What if Blizz put out an owl mount that couldn't be used as a flying mount? It would be weird.

The new mount is weird. It looks awesome, but makes very little sense.
it's a boat that doesnt float. It's laughable
09/20/2018 08:43 AMPosted by Thugchild
makes very little sense.

I'm a moose-cow who is part of an army of monsters led by an undead elf thing waging a war against werewolves, short scotsmen, space-goats and blueberry people led by a 17 year old kid.

I regularly pal around with fox people, walking turtles and a race of people with such improbable dentistry that one wonders how they even eat.

Usually I get around by riding on a mechanical scorpion and sometimes by flying through the sky in a ghost-pirate ship.

Where does sense come into this equation?
OP, there are multiple reasons people aren't happy/ worried about what this says about Blizzard; so some arguements have true merit behind them. If you think all they are are complaints without reason, it's actually you who are trolling.
09/20/2018 08:42 AMPosted by Ildarha
It's an obvious cash grab and a desperate attempt to lock people in for six months. Honestly this does not bode well for 8.1

It was given to everyone that has 6 months that they bought from all the way back to July (maybe further). I didn't know about it when I bought my time, yet it was gifted anyway.

The way Blizzard retroactively handed out the mount is fair. There's nothing wrong with randomly giving gifts of thanks to customers.
You know what is funny I logged in today and I had the boat but I didn't pay for it my Subscription renews automatically so it gave me the boat without really doing anything. : Shrug shoulders:
Ironic that it can’t float/water-walk, but can fly. It’s a boat, so logically it should be able to at least float/water-walk, no?
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap.
09/19/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Rrohg
You would be ok if I promoted child slavery?

....What?
09/19/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Rrohg
It’s promoting laziness and poor game design by decreasing any incentive to fix bfa’s dodo butter systems. You would be ok if I promoted child slavery?

Wait what?

If it had water walking, I'd buy it NOW. This second. Literally.
09/20/2018 10:11 AMPosted by Laurinae

If it had water walking, I'd buy it NOW. This second. Literally.

It'd be amazing to set sail in the water