Dear shamans:

Shaman
To all those shamans out there.

I'm truly sorry. Today I pugged heroic Zek to reroll for a weapon and I heard the raid leader multiple times saying how he is declining shamans. It's pretty shameful that one class can be singled out by something that could so easily be fixed. The sad truth is with the skill level in heroic pugs i'm sure a vast majority of you could top dps charts.

I really hope that you're buffed soon.

Sincerely,
The small percentage of players who wouldn't single you out because the current state of your class.
These are kind needed words in rough times for shamans, thank you. Maybe one day we will be viable for all content!
09/20/2018 08:09 PMPosted by Weary

I'm truly sorry. Today I pugged heroic Zek to reroll for a weapon and I heard the raid leader multiple times saying how he is declining shamans. It's pretty shameful that one class can be singled out by something that could so easily be fixed. The sad truth is with the skill level in heroic pugs i'm sure a vast majority of you could top dps charts.

I really hope that you're buffed soon.

Sincerely,
The small percentage of players who wouldn't single you out because the current state of your class.

I mean I have topped pug dps as elemental it's not some rarity if you have the right traits and aren't dog !@#$ it's not hard. It's just the community has once again made a stigma that all shamans specs are unbelievably worthless and you should never bring them so every shaman player is stuck afking in the capital city waiting for their sub to run out or about to cancel.

This game right now as a shaman is boring as !@#$. It's a genuinely bad game right now if I had to rate it based on my enjoyment from a shaman perspective it would be a solid 4 or 5 out of 10.
Thanks man.

I hope the Devs realize this class is broken and just cant be played at a high level for multiple reasons. I already made a post asking for a hotfix.

Let's see what happens. I'm in the end of the rope here, if I dont see a hotfix in 2 weeks max, I'm out. It's not fun to play this game in this state. I dont really find enjoyment here anymore how things are right now.
like a 99% chance that raid leader's a complete trashcan player and most shamans applying were good enough to outperform him

fun game
But tremor totem...
I know I'm not in a top raiding guild or anything but I usually do quite well as Elemental inside Uldir DPS wise.

However, I do agree the rotation is quite droll.
I still cant seem to see what's wrong with shamans. I do decent to good DPS depending on how well geared the rest of the party is and my heals feel adequate for all parties I've been in.
Shamans are fine from my view, though my experiences are primarily Ele/Resto.
Forum trash talk, I suppose. Gotta have something to trash here.
i run with my guild and am top 5 every boss fight.
sadly some of us can top charsets in pugs
like the group I was in last night for a +3 freehold was told they are only letting me in due to my raider.io from last xpac and they know they can out dps me but willing to take me
I ended up carrying the dps badly
the whole stigmatism of this class needs to end and fast its getting old
09/21/2018 05:47 AMPosted by Beezlebubba

You know we can see your raider.io...right??
You know what solves this? Being in a guild with cool, chill people and not people like that.
09/21/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Baileyncream
09/21/2018 05:47 AMPosted by Beezlebubba

You know we can see your raider.io...right??

Does raider.io show his logs or his logs in comparison to his raid team? His raid team could suck, allowing him to be top 5 in dps. Pretty sure that was why I was such a good resto shaman back in the day.
09/20/2018 08:09 PMPosted by Weary

Yeah. Zek is even one of the fights we stand out on too. As long as the adds are stacked in phase 1, we do great AoE to them. Hex is REALLY good for the second phase adds, since it can take a hit or two. Plus. HELLO. Wind Shear on phase 3.

And as you and others said. Those Shaman applying would likely be above most of the raid, and probably even the raid leader.

Sincerely,

Its not a small %
I dont always have shamans in my group...

But when I do...

I leave the group...
bUt TrrEmr TotTem.

-Blizz dev
Tremor is an after thought, a nice thing that negates a fairly potent but ultimately avoidable mechanic.

When you make PvE fears blocked by line of sight or turning your back or just not being in the wrong spot at the wrong time, essentially personal responsibility, why do you want to get insurance when it simply raises the costs.
Heck, some PvE abilities ignore tremor when you'd think they could radically change the situation. Like it's supposed to break mind controls but all PvE Mind Controls ignore the totem. Bringing someone that can potentially wrestle back control of your compatriot is too much.

I wonder if, say on Zek'voz, you could break someone out of the mind control during phase 3 for one person, how would that even compare to the damage amplified by arcane intellect for the entire fight. Pretty sure the comparative analysis was never made, and if it was undertaken, we'd still find that shaman were provided with or excluded from a justly proportionate call back of our old abilities.

Can't have a class that has something that operates properly in all environments or it might breaks an encounter mechanic. There'd be two rogues in the world of warcraft.
09/22/2018 01:17 AMPosted by Moonuredps
I dont always have shamans in my group...

But when I do...

I leave the group...

that moment when you try to make a joke, but you just fail on being fun. oof!
I'm not seeing the disparity yet, I guess. I planned to level a Dark Iron Shaman a few months ago, mostly because it's one of two classes on Alliance I don't have, and I haven't felt weak yet. In pvp, I have a knockback which slows, another slow - frost shock, a slow totem, a stun totem, a tremor totem, can turn into a wolf, two elementals, and have fairly acceptable casts. In dungeons, I've been topping dps meters in most groups, unless there is one person who is just destroying everyone's dps, which is like once every five dungeons. The mobility really isn't much worse than a Destruction Warlock, although they do have gate and warp, but they can't turn into a wolf.

Many times in groups I save everyone, too, because my heals as elemental aren't bad, I can stun trash, knock them back during oh crap moments the tank is about to die, plus my elemental can relieve some aggro if the tank is overwhelmed. Oh, yeah, and we can hex, lol.

I have to say, I have an enhancement Shaman on Horde at 110, along with all other classes, too, but I'm really enjoying this Elemental Shaman. I think they have lots of tools, and maybe people just aren't using them.

Aside from a damage increase what are you other Shamans looking for?