Just kill this game and make WoW 2

General Discussion
It's time.

This expansion really just nailed it like you guys got nothing left for this game just start fresh

I wanna support you but like I buy this game I pay for a monthly subscription I dunno

I can't even get a neck piece this expansion

I paid for this game why is there so many free to play mechanics in it

Grinding is a free to play game style not when you buy the game and have a subscription
Nah. Make Warcraft 4.
Well, you can go ahead and wait for that if you think it's coming (it's probably not coming ever), and I'll stick with the game I have.
Another "i pay 15 bucks a month" cater to me because i pay money. Just stop it!
09/20/2018 10:16 PMPosted by Healsforhugs
It's time.

This expansion really just nailed it like you guys got nothing left for this game just start fresh

I wanna support you but like I buy this game I pay for a monthly subscription I dunno

I can't even get a neck piece this expansion

I paid for this game why is there so many free to play mechanics in it

Grinding is a free to play game style not when you buy the game and have a subscription

WoW 2 was cata till wod.
You are pretty much playing WoW 3 now.

And it is much less grindy than WoW 1 ever was.
It's pretty much is a WoW 2. They updated all the models in game. Go to BC zone and see how different the world looks to now. Look at the trees and Horde and Alliance outposts. Also look at mountains and grass etc...
On one hand, I'd love to finally get a sequel. I'm to the point that I wouldn't mind leveling all over again from scratch.
I don't even care about losing the gold, to be honest.

But then I think thoughts like
"But we wouldn't get all the same zones"
"We'd probably lose a number of playable races"
"All my mounts would be gone"
"All my pets would be gone"
"Years of transmog would be gone"
"I'd probably lose most, if not all of my character names"
"Trying to round up all of my guild onto some new server would be such a massive, massive chore even with Discord"

If they did a sequel, they'd need to find some way to address all, or at least most, of those points in some way.
[quote][/quote]
09/20/2018 10:25 PMPosted by Teria
On one hand, I'd love to finally get a sequel. I'm to the point that I wouldn't mind leveling all over again from scratch.
I don't even care about losing the gold, to be honest.

But then I think thoughts like
"But we wouldn't get all the same zones"
"We'd probably lose a number of playable races"
"All my mounts would be gone"
"All my pets would be gone"
"Years of transmog would be gone"
"I'd probably lose most, if not all of my character names"
"Trying to round up all of my guild onto some new server would be such a massive, massive chore even with Discord"

If they did a sequel, they'd need to find some way to address all, or at least most, of those points in some way.

Imho if they make WoW 2 they should import existing accounts' mounts, pets and transmogs( but at least the mounts) and call those legacy accounts because, understandably, the new players won't have them.
Wow in a nutshell

warrior - charge hit hit hit
Mage - freeze blink cast cast cast
priest - fear bubble cast cast
warlock - fear cast cast drain life
rouge - sap stun poke poke vanish
paladin - stun wings bubble self heal
druid - shapeshift heal shapeshift heal shapeshift heal
shammy - totems hit/cast hit/cast
dk - pull heal heal heal
dh - jump jump around jump extra high
monk - still not sure what they do look so so so so boring

every boss ever

says something dumb - puts something on the ground - gets some help from some buddies - says something dumb - dies

yes I want a new experience
Why? People would be complaining about the exact same crap.

"Grinding" is a feature of MMOs, and hardly even applies to WoW any more. So I have no idea what you think you want, but you probably don't want it.
WoW 2 will never happen. The entire warcraft franchise is old now. Most of it's fans are in their 30s and 40s now. Even the age of the original devs is old.

That's why I find it bizarre they are going the Disney route. They have lost touch with their own fanbase.
wow 2 would probably be more or less about as good of a sequel as d3 was a sequel to d2.
from a business standpoint, making wow2 would basically be the end of the franchise.

Players don't like mmo sequels, see EQ2 for an example.

and with how bad this second mmo would do, even making another warcraft game could be seen as risky.
09/20/2018 10:35 PMPosted by Echõ

That's why I find it bizarre they are going the Disney route.

What does that even mean? Last time I checked, Disney tended to shy away from depictions of parents nailed to walls with spears while their children stand at their feet begging them to wake up.
WoW = USSR
WKs = loyalists who spout the party line and report their fellow people to the KGB even while everyone starves and there is no food in the markets.
you - the starving peasant who once believed in the party line
Bobby - the evil commissar who laughs in his wealth as everyone around him dies
Blizzard - the uncaring, oppressive KGB
Im all for killing wow and making WC4. definitely. Before WoW was a thing, I was hoping for #4
09/20/2018 10:31 PMPosted by Healsforhugs
Wow in a nutshell

warrior - charge hit hit hit
Mage - freeze blink cast cast cast
priest - fear bubble cast cast
warlock - fear cast cast drain life
rouge - sap stun poke poke vanish
paladin - stun wings bubble self heal
druid - shapeshift heal shapeshift heal shapeshift heal
shammy - totems hit/cast hit/cast
dk - pull heal heal heal
dh - jump jump around jump extra high
monk - still not sure what they do look so so so so boring

every boss ever

says something dumb - puts something on the ground - gets some help from some buddies - says something dumb - dies

yes I want a new experience
Sounds like MMO's might not be for you.
If WoW 2.0 is created then it will be more of a similar thing.

You sound like you want completely out, how about trying Overwatch, or League of Legends, or an indie game?
I dont want wow 2, i like wow 1 or i wouldnt be here. Yes it had a rough start, but its all panning out for me now.

Go play a different game if you dont like wow, im sure you will be back. No other game keeps wow players for long.
09/20/2018 10:16 PMPosted by Healsforhugs

Are you kidding me this is a fun expansion.
So you think they can't get a relatively simple expansion right and you want them to work on a whole new game coded from scratch thinking it'll be better?

Huh?