Raider.io

General Discussion
Now i don't have an issue with it being used at all.
We as players should be able to filter who we want to play with
if you look me up i probably have a 0 score so you can see i have no "elitist bias" some would say.
My issue is that it's a 3rd party program, now I'm not saying the fine people who run the program are bad or don't know what they are doing but i feel (just like gear score is) it would be more Beneficial to both guilds and pugs if it was first party.
if the game itself tracked your score instead of a 3rd party program.
now i know that the 3rd party program uses info from wow itself to gather this info to form your score but i still feel a more accurate way of gathering the score can be done if it is moved from 3rd party to 1st party.

I feel that it should be just like gear score and added to the game stat for our individual characters.

i know a common response will be "join a guild" and I agree (wish i could find one that was not just a social one) but i still feel that this would be an healthy addition to the game
Hmm. Maybe there is a third party non TOS breaking program or add-on somewhere to give Raider.ios fake results?
it would be great if something like M+ score was incorporated into the game
raider.io is great
why is everyone adding an s to .io
09/22/2018 10:44 PMPosted by Rooikat
why is everyone adding an s to .io

I'm ok with it, it makes it more than obvious that they have no idea what they're talking about.
09/22/2018 10:41 PMPosted by Verbatim

Just to ruin pugging even further? No thank you.

Plus Higher Scores =/= Good players or good group
Never used it, don't care to use it.

But people should be able to make groups however they see fit as long as they're not violating any of the TOS

People can always make their own group. I never understood why this is even an issue.

A lot of people come here and complain about not getting in a group because of raider.io, you know a lot of the time the group just fills and has 0 to do with raider.io
09/22/2018 10:46 PMPosted by Annastasi
I'm ok with it, it makes it more than obvious that they have no idea what they're talking about.

there is no reason to be rude at all I'm not advocating against it
09/22/2018 10:46 PMPosted by Saralocks
09/22/2018 10:41 PMPosted by Verbatim

Ruin pugging for who? Pugging has never been so accessible and raider.io and wowprogress are the only tools that allowed me to make groups above 15's that would consistently be good. If it ruined pugging for you because you found it was fun to infiltrate groups you didn't belong in and now you can't get carried without paying gold for it I'm actually happy for that change.
09/22/2018 10:49 PMPosted by Verbatim
09/22/2018 10:46 PMPosted by Saralocks

Ruin pugging for who? Pugging has never been so accessible and raider.io and wowprogress are the only tools that allowed me to make groups above 15's that would consistently be good. If it ruined pugging for you because you found it was fun to infiltrate groups you didn't belong in and now you can't get carried without paying gold for it I'm actually happy for that change.

Amen brother! The worst feeling is inviting horrible players to ur M+ group and having no choice but to carry them to the end.
The problem I have with raider.io is that you're always going to have newbros.

Newbros can't learn if they're not allowed to even instance into a dungeon because of an arbitrary filtering system like raider.io.

Because of this new players hit the LFG/LFR cieling and have nothing else to do, even more so, it restricts people who may have taken a break from the expansion from engaging back in the game.

And with an increasingly pushed PUG culture by blizzard with crossrealm and m+ and ezmode class dynamics (AOE tanking trivialize every pull) its harder then ever to actually find an organized group/guild, especially since the gear progression sucks and drives everyone away, meaning your M+ group could just dissolve at a moments notice.

This is just another gearscore style mod that just ruins end game for a majority of the playerbase.
09/22/2018 10:53 PMPosted by Beardhat

Newbros can't learn if they're not allowed to even instance into a dungeon because of an arbitrary filtering system like raider.io.

Because of this new players hit the LFG/LFR cieling and have nothing else to do, even more so, it restricts people who may have taken a break from the expansion from engaging back in the game.

And with an increasingly pushed PUG culture by blizzard with crossrealm and m+ and ezmode class dynamics (AOE tanking trivialize every pull) its harder then ever to actually find an organized group/guild, especially since the gear progression sucks and drives everyone away, meaning your M+ group could just dissolve at a moments notice.

This is just another gearscore style mod that just ruins end game for a majority of the playerbase.

You don't need M+ score to get into 2's
You don't need M+ score from 4's to get into 3's
You don't need M+ score from 5's to get into 4's
etc, etc, etc

The system is very easy to get into for new and returning players. It is just hard to skip up a bunch of difficulty levels and that's actually a great thing.
09/22/2018 10:49 PMPosted by Verbatim

09/22/2018 10:53 PMPosted by Kittymeowqt
Amen brother! The worst feeling is inviting horrible players to ur M+ group and having no choice but to carry them to the end.

You both just assuming though that everyone who doesn't use Raider.IO is a horrible player though. I do agree, there is horrible players out there, but there is also a lot of good players. But Raider.IO doesn't give an exact description of what the player is truly like. WarcraftLogs/WoWProgress, I am happy using to see what the player is like.

As I said, it is just a an addon that ruins pugging even further.

No one checks raider.io for low-level keys, stop spreading this bull!@#$. You can also progress your own keys by making your own groups at any time, and "pug culture" is ridiculous too. Nothing is stopping you from joining a guild and getting into M+ runs with trusted teammates each week. I don't wanna be a *#@@#%#@ about this but all I'm hearing are excuses tbh.
It really punishes people who don't run in 5 man cliques. While that's not necessarily a bad thing, the game doesn't enable you to find and keep 5 man cliques organized easily.

Guilds are a thing for organized raiding. We have 3rd party websites, wowprogress and warcraftlogs, for tracking kills and applying to guilds. Want to raid? Find a guild with progression you like, figure out if their times/realm/region/faction suit you, then try and gauge the raid environment. While it's not easy by any means, there is a definitive way forward.

OTOH if you wanna do M+ you can.... be a tank or have a tank friend I guess. There are discords for M+ but they're basically the same as the LFG interface, you just pick someone and go, you don't set up regular sessions. Nobody has any idea what communities exist because there is no way to find one unless someone invites you to one specifically. Pugging M+ is an absolute nightmare, much like pugging any difficult content would be. Raider.io is really a band-aid that isn't doing very much to stem the flow.
Guys, come on, did we really need another raiderio thread? This is just as bad as high elf or horde bias spam. Raiderio isn't perfect but it's a necessity for too many people.
There are plenty of groups that dont ask for raider.io so just que up for those?
I wouldn't mind Blizzard adding in an in game way to easily see the M+ experience of potential team mates in the group finder in one easy to consume format that incorporates the functionality of raider.io directly into the base UI.

But something like it needs to exist to facilitate group creation to help give some increased chance of putting together good teams that are actually able to handle the higher level content, or without that elevated assurance the pug scene will stagnate and fall into a downward spiral of participation lack as no one wants to waste their time on perpetually failing.

Understand, raider.io really only shows your experience in doing M+ dungeons. That's it.

Those of you acting like it's tell you that you are a bad player if you have a low score aren't getting it.

A low score shows you don't have experience. You can be a good player with no experience. And if that's the case, you can still easily cause a harder difficulty key to fail if you are the only one that doesn't know what they are doing.

M+ requires you to learn how to handle affixes, how to strategize what trash packs to pull and kill... and that's just to start. Not having experience in doing it at a low level can easily indicate you aren't prepared for a high level key, even if you parse great on logs in difficult raids.

If you are one of those folks, you can easily boost your score up to high levels by running low level keys where no one cares what you score is, then use that to run slightly higher keys, and up and up until you get ot the point you want.

Learn the ropes. Do what nearly everyone else who had a high score did and work your score up by gaining experience, and then you do can reap the benefits.

And if you think that your experience in running M+ doesn't have any predictive value on the chances of your success with a team in running M+? Then I don't know what to tell you, you've got larger issues.
09/22/2018 11:07 PMPosted by Mandude

No one checks raider.io for low-level keys, stop spreading this bull!@#$. You can also progress your own keys by making your own groups at any time, and "pug culture" is ridiculous too. Nothing is stopping you from joining a guild and getting into M+ runs with trusted teammates each week. I don't wanna be a *#@@#%#@ about this but all I'm hearing are excuses tbh.

Whats considered a low-level key? People in the premade groups say they are checking io for at least a few of the +3 and +4 ones in their comments so I assume when you say "No one checks raider.io for low-level keys" you mean only +2's?