MFW we gave up tier sets for this

General Discussion
09/24/2018 09:42 AMPosted by Zenjí
<span class="truncated">...</span>

My complaint is both perfectly vaid and not premature. Azerite armor is a crapshoot of awful design and we arent getting tier sets because of it. We got a half-baked Artifact weapon replacement that is inferior in every way to actual artifacts and lost an entire expansion's worth of tier sets for it.

If you dont think that's valid, feel free to be wrong.

Your reading comprehension needs some improvement.

I never said Azerite armor is a good design.
I never said Azerite armor is a good replacement for Artifact weapons.

What I did say, was even IF Tier sets were going to be in BFA, they wouldn't be in the first Tier of raiding. So comparing anything you are getting in the first Tier of raiding to Tier sets has NO validity and is a premature complaint.

You titled the post "we gave up Tier sets for this" .. which is 100% inaccurate. What we gave up Tier sets for is not currently available.

The first raid in both Legion and WoD, did not have Tier sets. Did you compare the loot from those raids to Tier sets? Of course not, so why do that now?

...Except no, because we did give up tier sets for this.

We are not getting Tier sets this expansion. At all. We are not getting them because of the Heart of Azeroth and Azerite armor. It doesnt matter that its only the first tier. We gave up tier sets for this. We didnt have tier sets with the bonuses themselves in Emerald Nightmare/Highmaul, but we did have the models that go with them. Now we dont even have those, because we gave up tier sets for this.

Feel free to continue being wrong.
09/24/2018 05:05 AMPosted by Tzuqt
In before an MVP poster says the new sets look creative and great.

lol didn't one of them actually do this in a previous thread?
I like them
Am I an MVP now?
09/24/2018 05:12 AMPosted by Sunday
09/24/2018 05:09 AMPosted by Tzuqt

so envious you caught me 10/10 detective work you must have a pysch major or something how did you figure me out so quick???

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769276840

Obviously you're taking it personally
gottem lol
My paladin has lots of paladin mog options...my monk and dh are pretty sad this expansion.

This also has ramifications on next expansion, one of my favorite things to do is run old content, won't be doing that for bfa gear.

Removal of class sets has no positives for me aside from saving me play time.
Only good thing about new sets is that Hunter's have Shaman to look ugly with them now.
The first raid in both Legion and WoD, did not have Tier sets. Did you compare the loot from those raids to Tier sets? Of course not, so why do that now?

I hate to break it to you, but the gear that dropped in the first raids of both Legion and WoD used the same models as the tier sets from the first tier raids.

Your reading comprehension needs some improvement.

I never said Azerite armor is a good design.
I never said Azerite armor is a good replacement for Artifact weapons.

What I did say, was even IF Tier sets were going to be in BFA, they wouldn't be in the first Tier of raiding. So comparing anything you are getting in the first Tier of raiding to Tier sets has NO validity and is a premature complaint.

You titled the post "we gave up Tier sets for this" .. which is 100% inaccurate. What we gave up Tier sets for is not currently available.

...Except no, because we did give up tier sets for this.

We are not getting Tier sets this expansion. At all. We are not getting them because of the Heart of Azeroth and Azerite armor. It doesnt matter that its only the first tier. We gave up tier sets for this. We didnt have tier sets with the bonuses themselves in Emerald Nightmare/Highmaul, but we did have the models that go with them. Now we dont even have those, because we gave up tier sets for this.

Feel free to continue being wrong.

You keep making points that I am not arguing with. Looks like you need to work at staying on topic, as well as reading comprehension.

You did not give up Tier sets for what we are currently using, not sure how else I can explain that. If there was no Azerite Armor or Heart of Azeroth necklace, you still wouldn't have Tier sets right now.

The items that will be replacing, what would have been Tiers sets, are not in the game right now. How is that difficult to understand?

So the "non set item tier sets" in EN and Highmaul were ok because they looked like a set even though they had no set bonuses?

Sounds like most of your frustrations are more about transmog options than anything else...
09/24/2018 10:32 AMPosted by Kuranna

I hate to break it to you, but the gear that dropped in the first raids of both Legion and WoD used the same models as the tier sets from the first tier raids.

using the same model does not make it a tier set.

Tier sets had bonuses, that impacted gameplay. Nothing that dropped in Emerald Nightmare or Highmaul had tier set bonuses.
09/24/2018 10:42 AMPosted by Zenjí
09/24/2018 10:32 AMPosted by Kuranna

Tier sets had bonuses, that impacted gameplay. Nothing that dropped in Emerald Nightmare or Highmaul had tier set bonuses.

Basically everyone but you is talking about the models.
09/24/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Kuranna
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Odd that "everyone" is talking about models but me, when people are commenting on "Azerite armor is a crapshoot of awful design" or " We got a half-baked Artifact weapon replacement that is inferior in every way to actual artifacts ".

Odd that "everyone" is talking about models but me, when people are commenting on "Azerite armor is a crapshoot of awful design" or " We got a half-baked Artifact weapon replacement that is inferior in every way to actual artifacts ".

We're talking about the models and the Azerite systems design, genius.

I hope that didnt go over your head this time.
Well if you look at most peoples transmog its usually something that dropped at least 8 years ago.
09/24/2018 11:08 AMPosted by Monglo
Well if you look at most peoples transmog its usually something that dropped at least 8 years ago.

Probably cause any tier set below Mythic looks bad.