Azerite - Worst Itemization in WoW's History

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Prev 1 25 26 27 118 Next
09/27/2018 03:38 AMPosted by Sethyl
this response is so disappointing. The Azerite gear system needs major changes. It is the most disengaging feeling to obtain new gear with higher ilvl that is actually a downgrade. Why is Blizzard ignoring player feedback?

Been like that since alpha. Blizzard don't give a !@#$.

They have heard for literally 6 months that this system is flawed. Even in the AMA they simply dug their heels in and refused to acknowledge how it feels.

Its the same with classes, blizzard are actually IGNORING all feedback. We pay a monthly sub, meanwhile they talking about solving these issues over a 2 year period. It's a bad joke.
Holy hell this thread went places. Okay, couple quick things:

1) I've mentioned elsewhere that we're looking at Azerite armor availability. 3 weeks into a raid tier/mythic+ season is a bit early to make hard conclusions of how difficult it will be to acquire alternate sets over the next few months. But we're hearing that feedback and keeping a close eye on it. Availability in mythic+ particularly is a regular topic of conversation. I've talked about that before so I won't rehash everything here, but we're looking into it.

2) I noticed a few posts that seemed to believe that Azerite traits are randomized when a piece drops. They're not; each piece of gear has a preset assortment of traits to choose from. Most of y'all seem to understand that already, I just wanted to toss it out there for anyone who may not.
09/27/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Lore
1) I've mentioned elsewhere that we're looking at Azerite armor availability. 3 weeks into a raid tier/mythic+ season is a bit early to make hard conclusions of how difficult it will be to acquire alternate sets over the next few months. But we're hearing that feedback and keeping a close eye on it. Availability in mythic+ particularly is a regular topic of conversation. I've talked about that before so I won't rehash everything here, but we're looking into it.

While this would help massively, I still think youre addressing a symptom and not the problem itself.

Also: Wrong thread I know but while I have your attention, can we be told ele shaman's niche? been asking since your last blue post.

2) I noticed a few posts that seemed to believe that Azerite traits are randomized when a piece drops. They're not; each piece of gear has a preset assortment of traits to choose from. Most of y'all seem to understand that already, I just wanted to toss it out there for anyone who may not.

Regardless of Mythic+ availability being improved, what made it seem like locking class progression behind RNG was a good idea in the first place?

Yes, I know the traits are static on the pieces. I’m talking about having to farm them in the first place (and by that I mean HOPE to RNGesus you get a good Azerite upgrade on your lockout). What was wrong with glyphs? We could pick and choose ways to modify our toolkits. Set bonuses we did have to farm, sure, but I really am wondering what was wrong with glyphs.

This system seems to exist just to push the carrot farther away from the stick. Is that the intent?
What if instead of individual items having set traits, traits became individual drops and could be inserted into Azerite gear just like a socket and a gem?
I am sorry Lore, but promises of it being looked into just don't cut it anymore. That is all you here in alpha and beta and yet it does not change the fact that you (blizzard) thinks it is basically fine and just needs a few tweaks.

Besides this NEVER should have gone live in this condition. That was a fail and have yet to see an actual blue post (from a real developer) apologize for this.

You locked the other thread so I'm reposting this here.

He didn't even mention the problem with azerite gear and hybrids. They clearly don't want us to be reforging constantly, so I'm not.

But they also don't want us to have to think too much about the traits, but that's impossible for us hybrids. Trying to figure out which of my 3 shiny new pieces of meme gear should go with which spec and juggling all the possible combinations I'd gain or lose by using this chest with either healing or dps spec, and having to open up 3 Icy Veins pages each time I get a new piece of this stupid gear that Blizzard said I'm not even supposed to care about is seriously making me consider unsubbing until the whole damn thing is revamped. Its not intuitive at all and it's genuinely the first thing in my 10+ years of playing this game that I genuinely hate.

PLEASE let it drop in M+, it would solve a few of the issues presented, and it would be a great step forward for the system.

I beg of you, this is my #1 want in BFA at the moment.
It's a bit early to realize that changing specs is impossible right now unless you want to spend tens of thousands gold, or take a massive ilvl drop? Do any of you even play the game you help develop?

If I wanted to play brewmaster or mistweaver right now, I would be significantly better off by making a 2nd monk. Is this really the design you were going for? I mean seriously, wake up.

1. Three weeks into the tier is enough time to realize that getting the pieces is difficult. It should have been addressed week one. What does "keeping a close eye on it" even supposed to mean? Like what feedback is being eyed? What are some of your options? Telling us this doesn't mean anything.
Having multiple sets won't be a big deal when they drop more often. I haven't had a good shoulder drop and am forced to use 340 simply based on my drops. The best viable options would be to give us 100% chance from weekly chest, have them drop from M+, or maybe give us the option to use hydrocores to upgrade the pieces we have to a higher item level for mythic pieces and Sanguicell for raid pieces.

2. Please don't make them randomized that's the last thing we need in this current system.
honestly think im just gonna enjoy leveling alts like this one, and skip bfa lol. what a train wreck.
I honestly think it isn't hyperbole, tier was a really straight forward system that only ran into issues with combining it with old tiers. There were solutions to that problem but they just went into a full transition into azerite.

My biggest issue is how badly this makes simming 100% needed to determine what is and isn't upgrade even when your looking at 30+ itemlvl upgrades, that is a terrible indictment on azerite. All I can say is this system was so underdeveloped it feels rather embarrassing for blizzard. The numbers were so far off of anything rational it makes this patch feel like a live beta and I guess beta was just the alpha stage.
This expansion is 100% terrible.
Posted this in the other thread because this one was capped:

So on the subject of some azerite traits being unclear/needing simming to tell if they're good... I got a piece of 370 gear off the world boss today (I know, lucky me!) and it had this as an azerite trait:

Stronger Together
Passive
Your abilities have a chance to drop a factional banner for 10 sec, empowering you and up to 4 allies with the spirit of the alliance.

... What does that even mean? That is the entirety of the text on the trait. That tells me almost nothing.

I played around with it and found out it means that sometimes a random banner will appear from any of the alliance factions and give me a buff that is different depending on which banner it is. They, mostly, buff a secondary stat though one buffs primary and one buffs attack power.

That should really be more clear in the azerite trait menu. You could just add "buffing a random stat" to the end and it'd be better. Better yet, how about holding alt when mousing over causes an expanded tooltip with all the data to appear?

Why do I bring this up? Because for the average person to figure out what it does without using outside resources, you'd have to select it, play around with it until it procs (and multiple times too because at first I thought it was only the one banner), and then decided if it's good for you. And if it isn't, you're paying a reforge bill to change it to another trait.

And that "spirit of the alliance" could have been anything! It could have been "+500 ap vs. horde" which would be useless to me. I shouldn't have to risk a reforge cost to find out.

And... I guess I'm ranting here. I read this original thread last night and now today I get this piece of gear with this trait and it just really upset me with how vague and unclear it was.
09/27/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Yam
What if instead of individual items having set traits, traits became individual drops and could be inserted into Azerite gear just like a socket and a gem?

First that makes sense.

Second that would demonstrate that 360 out of 380 traits would never be taken and it would hurt the feelings of those developers that spent 10 minutes on the system.
I love how many times there is a blue response to the Azerite topic, just to defend their system that no one seems to like. If only the blues were so talkative when it comes to class balance issues. It's hilarious!

[/quote]

Doesn't seem like that should be too hard to figure out, all you have to do is look at available options for Azerite Gear, and they're all on weekly lockout timers with RNG.
09/26/2018 06:19 PMPosted by Lore
Even if phrases like "Worst Itemization in WoW's History" are a bit hyperbolic

outta the gate framing the players as irrational. Great Stuff...
Three weeks is damn well enough time when content is only supposed to last about 4 months. That means we are basically 25% of the way through it, and most of us don't have jack squat for Azerite armor.

Not even for my main spec, let alone off specs or even just random combos that sound fun to try.

Not only this but we need NEW PIECES every single raid tier. This is a distinct and massive difference from how legendaries functioned. I actually think this is good. New gear is fun, opening up options and adding traits in future patches would be fun.

But the gear has to freakin' drop man lol. There are a lot of armor pieces, a lot of combos. With hardly any choices left in the game otherwise this actually gives us that. But not if you don't have any armor pieces to make choices with. And yes we damn well are far enough into the modern pacing of the game to make that distinction.

SUBSTANTIALLY INCREASE AZERITE DROPS IN ALL GAME FORMS AND AT ALL ITEM LEVELS.
09/26/2018 06:19 PMPosted by Lore
I think we agree that re-farming traits doesn't feel great. I don't have a solve for that issue to share today, and to be completely transparent it may be something we simply have to accept as a downside to the system for other reasons. But we agree it can be a bit of a downer.

How about just let us use the gear that drops instead of shackling us to a BS artifact power grind treadmill obviously engineered to maximize time logged into the game and keep us subbed all expansion? It also sucks !@# that the defensive passives are T3, so often upgrading gear removes passive healing, shields, etc that makes the aforementioned grinding more bearable.

Wasn't "we want gear to be immediately useful" the reasoning behind getting rid of reforging, and reducing the number of gear that can be socketed or enchanted?

Try again.